MDC's software transition information - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#61 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry I posted my input in TAO, but I don't like the new format. I miss the old format....

"If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere." -Vincent Van Gogh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:28 AM

I love it!  It's much easier to navigate and find exactly what I need.  And I love the "thumbs up" button and ability to tag. orngbiggrin.gif

SeekingSerenity likes this.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#63 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 AM

Am I stuck with the purple and white background or can I change it to something different, (like tan), like before?

The white color plus the overall busy-ness of the new forums makes it almost impossible for this migraine prone mama to stay on here for long.

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
#64 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:34 AM

How do you link a URL to a Smiley? Like linking our charts on the TTC forum, for instance? Also, how do we actually use a smiley? Since when the box pops up, I can only see some of them and there is no way to scroll down for more.

ETA: Nevermind, figured out the siggy part of my question... still trying to figure out the smileys.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#65 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:37 AM

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I can't find my "User CP" or where do I find the posted that have new posts that I'm subscribed to?  I'm sure I'm just missing it.  I found where I can look at my subscribed threads, but that's a bunch of them. 

Any hints?

I know with changes it's easy to say we don't like it, but I think we need to give it a chance....we will catch on.  I really love the Beta Activity Feed way better!!!!!

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#66 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:44 AM

I'm feeling a little lost, lol. I love purple, but for some reason these shades are bothering me too. Otherwise I will adjust.

Oh, and how do you see all the smilies? I couldn't even close it without choosing one. I'm too young to be freaked out by change!! lol

Mama to Noah (3) and Rebekah (09/2/10) femalesling.GIF
#67 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:45 AM

If you go into the top right corner to your name, you can click it and it will pull up your User CP.  There is also a list of your threads in your user cp.  Also, up near the top, there is a link called "subscriptions" that you can click for your threads. smile.gif

I'm not a mod or anything, but I just figured that part out myself and thought I'd share. orngbiggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngfrankenstein View Post

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I can't find my "User CP" or where do I find the posted that have new posts that I'm subscribed to?  I'm sure I'm just missing it.  I found where I can look at my subscribed threads, but that's a bunch of them. 

Any hints?

I know with changes it's easy to say we don't like it, but I think we need to give it a chance....we will catch on.  I really love the Beta Activity Feed way better!!!!!

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#68 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLura View Post

I'm feeling a little lost, lol. I love purple, but for some reason these shades are bothering me too. Otherwise I will adjust.

Oh, and how do you see all the smilies? I couldn't even close it without choosing one. I'm too young to be freaked out by change!! lol

I can't figure the smilies out either.

mama to   broc1.gif DS 6/06 and banana.gif DS 4/08
#69 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 AM

Have the rules for viewing PasP and TAO changed?  I can no longer see either forum.

ETA:  Also, I am no longer getting email notifications of new posts, even though I'm subscribed to immediate email notifications.

SAH Mama of two intact kiddos: Kaitlyn (31 Oct '05) and Julian (7 July '09).  signcirc1.gif

#70 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I really hope other color choices will become available.  The old tan was great!  All this white is hard on the eyes, and the purple and green combo is just so darn ugly!

#71 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 AM

Just in case some of you can't see your name in the top right corner, adblock is blocking those images, I had to adjust adblock to allow them! Now I can see my user cp.

damselfly41 likes this.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#72 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post

I really hope other color choices will become available.  The old tan was great!  All this white is hard on the eyes, and the purple and green combo is just so darn ugly!

This exactly!!!! I have eye problems and can't do bright or white backgrounds online.

How do you get the purple and green?

Me, 29, Muslim hijab.gif single mama to T age 7 energy.gif We homeschool.gif saynovax.giffambedsingle1.gif and Love it!
#73 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:05 AM

Appears that you have use the smile button to find smileys. However, once it's in place, you can highlight it and insert a hyperlink with the hyperlink button.

lol.gif ?

#74 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 AM

How do we change the number of posts per page?

#75 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 AM

iphone (ipod): Am I missing something? It said upthread that the forum would look *better* on an iphone, but for me it is displaying just as a regular webpage - thus too small to navigate well.

#76 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:14 AM

Also, when I try to insert a smilie it brings up a window that is way bigger than my screen that I cannot scroll. The only way to get out of it is to choose a smilie from those that I can see. (I'm using safari on a mac)

#77 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:15 AM

OK, so I figured out how to change my signature.

New problems:

1. Can't see all of the smilies- in Mozilla (my preferred browser) or Internet Explorer.
  2. Can't see my subscribed forums- not sure where to look.
  3. All of the people I had blocked are now UNblocked. :-(

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#78 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmama View Post

How do you get the purple and green?

That's just the overall theme of the site.  You don't see so much of those colors on this page, thank goodness, but they're there at the top and bottom.  (I'm sure someone must have done some research and found that those colors went over well with a lot of people, but I hate purple, I hate that shade of green, and I think purple and green look terrible in combination.)

#79 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:23 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Wonder View Post
New problems:
  1. Can't see all of the smilies- in Mozilla (my preferred browser) or Internet Explorer.
  2. Can't see my subscribed forums- not sure where to look.

I came to this thread to ask about the same problems. I'm using Mozilla. To add on to the smiley problem, smilies entered manually show up when posted, but not in preview. Hard to see if I've entered it right without posting and then editing over and over.

In addition, I don't see a way to search for members or see when a member was last online. I would also like to echo that the background color isn't just an aesthetic preference. My head hurts from the bright new color scheme.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#80 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

When I'm seeing my subscribed threads, how do I get to just the unread posts in each thread?

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products! Come check it out!!
Earn free makeup. Join the sisterhood. Build your future.
#81 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:35 AM

How do I change my avatar from a photo from my album to an avatar ready available from the new forum (like the trees, peace signs, etc)?

I too can't navigate or see all of the smilies. 

I agree that the new colors are hard on the eyes and seem too sterile.... I'm kinda' missing the old format. greensad.gif

autismribbon.gif

#82 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:38 AM

I am having smilie problems, too!  I use Firefox.

Are the pink usernames gone?

love.gif

#83 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:46 AM

So, i just discovered a really annoying problem. I went into my CP to try to turn off ads since i'm browsing on my iPod. I tried to save without putting in all the personal info it asks for and it popped up an error window off the screen to the right. I tried scrolling over to it to hit "ok", but each time i scrolled the pg to the right, the screen refreshes and the error box moves offscreen again. I couldnt figure out a way to dismiss it. I had to hit the back button to get out of the infinite loop.

Oh, and the smilies seem to have disappeared out of my sig.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#84 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM

How do you change your signature?  I found how to get into my accout, but can't find where to change my sig?

Also, I thought subscribing members where getting different badges under our name since the pink usernames went away?  But mine just says Senior Member?

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#85 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 06:53 AM

I'm really, really disappointed that I have to see a running Oscar Meyer advertisement video going while I view MDC.

lach likes this.
#86 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 07:01 AM

When I view new posts, and go to the next page, it repeats posts from the prior page.  It seems like maybe it is refreshing the search each time I go to the next page, and showing me, for example, page 7 from a refreshed "new posts" search....???

It makes it very difficult to scroll through and read new posts, since each page is half-full of repeats from the prior page.

thanks!

#87 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 07:07 AM

Everyone beat me to the smiley thing.  I'll just go ahead and get in line on that one.  orngtongue.gif

Preferences: When I click "Preferences" a progress bar pops up like it's going to load a page and then disappears without doing so.  I am using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.12 and have all blocking add-ons (NoScript, AdBlock, FlashBlock) disabled.  I'd just like to have a few more messages per page in a thread, really.

I admin some regional bulletin boards and that's a hassle sometimes.  This place is ... what ... 94th on Big Boards?  Thanks for giving the time to take care of this place.

Perpetually TTC #1.  Let's go, Lightning!
#88 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

When I try to add smilies to my signature, I am having a problem. The box containing the smilies pops up but it can't be moved to show more than just some of the smilies available.

ETA: I am using Firefox.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

#89 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiana View Post

Have the rules for viewing PasP and TAO changed?  I can no longer see either forum.

ETA:  Also, I am no longer getting email notifications of new posts, even though I'm subscribed to immediate email notifications.

I'm having the same problem with PasP and TAO!!

#90 of 686 Old 11-10-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxIa View Post

How do I change my avatar from a photo from my album to an avatar ready available from the new forum (like the trees, peace signs, etc)?

I too can't navigate or see all of the smilies. 

I agree that the new colors are hard on the eyes and seem too sterile.... I'm kinda' missing the old format. greensad.gif

Here is a link to the Community Profile tutorial. http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/community-profile-tutorial I think if you entered the link of your photo it should work.

Skins are in the roadmap.

Not all those who wander are lost 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page