? signature - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi

I would like to know why I can't have all the same smilies in my signature as I had on the old forum?

Can anyone help??

Memz, with mylove.gif and mommy  of babygirl.gif born 01/17/10 and 3 cat.gif familybed1.gifsaynovax.giffly-by-nursing1.gif

***4** *8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 11-17-2010, 10:34 PM

Hello!

There have been some consistency issues with the smilies in signatures and it is being looked at closely.

I am sorry for any inconvienance.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#3 of 18 Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm also having issues with my signature.  I can't get the smilies I put in to represent me (violin.gif) or my best friend (geek.gif) to show up.  When I was on the computers at my college I only got W to show up.

I'm on Chrome at home and Firefox at school, if that makes a difference although I don't see why it would...

Thank you for your time!!  We all appreciate it!

Kris: "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
#4 of 18 Old 11-18-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post

I'm also having issues with my signature.  I can't get the smilies I put in to represent me (violin.gif) or my best friend (geek.gif) to show up.  When I was on the computers at my college I only got W to show up.

I'm on Chrome at home and Firefox at school, if that makes a difference although I don't see why it would...

Thank you for your time!!  We all appreciate it!

Thank you, the smilies/sig issues are being looked and I hope it is resolved quickly.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#5 of 18 Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 PM

I am also having a strange sig issue. If I put smilies in the first line of my sig, all is fine, if I put them in the second line (my baby ticker) my sig vanishes completely when I click submit.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#6 of 18 Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM

I'm seeing smilies and your baby ticker now, so I'm assuming everything's okay?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#7 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM

Hi, I am wondering why I am unable to make a signature.  The selection under my profile is not even there.  Please help!

#8 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 03:46 PM

Could you please help me?  Unable to make siggy because the selection is not even listed under My Profile...thanks in advance.

#9 of 18 Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 PM

Hi, you won't have this ability until after 7 days and at least 10 posts. From our FAQ:
Quote:
Where is my forum signature?
Members may post up to three lines of text in their signature file. To edit your forum signature, navigate to your "My Profile" link which is located at the top of the page. Below your image gallery, you will see a section called "Your Forum Signature." Below that is the "Edit Signature" button. Click here, format your signature (text, bolding and italics only), and click save. A new member's signature becomes viewable after 7 days of participation and 10 posts.

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#10 of 18 Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 AM

I've been a member for years, but this is the 1st time I've logged in since the new format change.  Am I considered a new member for signature purposes?  If so why when it clearly shows the number of times I've posted?

treehugger.gif
#11 of 18 Old 12-16-2010, 01:03 AM

Hi, Jade's Mom! Glad you found us again!

To answer you question, no, you wouldn't be considered a new member. It appears that you don't currently have a signature placed, and when I checked, you didn't have one in the old format either. So, all you'll need to do is place your signature text, smilies, etc, and you should be good to go! To place a signature, please follow the directions below from our FAQ:

Where is my forum signature?
Members may post up to three lines of text in their signature file. To edit your forum signature, navigate to your "My Profile" link which is located at the top of the page. Below your image gallery, you will see a section called "Your Forum Signature."  Below that is the "Edit Signature" button. Click here, format your signature (text, bolding and italics only), and click save. A new member's signature becomes viewable after 7 days of participation and 10 posts.

Please let us know if you have any problems. 

#12 of 18 Old 12-17-2010, 03:52 AM

I looked there and I don't have that option.  I did have a signature before.

treehugger.gif
#13 of 18 Old 12-17-2010, 11:34 AM

I'll PM you so we can discuss this in further detail. Thanks! 

#14 of 18 Old 12-18-2010, 03:15 PM

I got everything going and it was fine, but now whenever I edit it, something goes wonky. I lost the first line so many times (even when I copy-pasted to save it!) that I gave up on that one. 9 times out of 10 when I edit and click submit it completely wipes out my sig and I have to start over or hope it pastes back in and try again.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#15 of 18 Old 12-18-2010, 04:30 PM

elonwy, I experienced a similar issue a few weeks ago with my signature. What seemed to work for me, although it entails a few extra steps, was to change the post editor to BB Code when editing the signature. The software's editor by default is called Rich Text. There's a new, simpler editor offered now that's called BB Code. BB Code is much less glitchy (especially for those running Firefox browsers), and BB Code offers the ability to type smilie code directly into your posts without needing to select the smilies individually from the smilie box. I like BB Code a lot, and I hope you will, too. 

So, for those having problems with editor-type glitches, I recommend BB Code. To change over to this, you can go up to the My Profile link at the top of the page (or click on your username under the Mothering cover and next to the logout button) and then selecting Edit Account Details box. Go down to Preferred Editor, select BB Code and click Save. Once you've clicked Save, it's going to take you back to Your Community Profile which is where you need to edit your signature text. BB Code will offer fewer choices, but hopefully still offer what you need to get your signature saved the way you want it to be. Once you've saved your signature, you can either stay in BB Code or switch back to Rich Text. 

#16 of 18 Old 12-28-2010, 09:56 AM

Georgia, thank you for your insight. I've been searching how to make a signature and didn't know I needed a minimum member time/number of posts. Thank you!

#17 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 PM

My signature's smilies disappeared and now I can't even find the link to edit my signature... help?

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#18 of 18 Old 01-08-2011, 05:25 PM

Please see the Signature Editing wiki here: http://www.mothering.com/community/wiki/signature-editing for detailed instructions and let me know if you still are having problems. Thanks!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page