Ticketed: Scrolling issues - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

1. The drop down menus that appear when hovering over a member's name or over the word "Forums" at the top are designed to disappear when the mouse is no longer over them.  This is fine as long as I have not scrolled at all since I have loaded the page I am on.  But if I scroll at all, then the menus appear with a space in between "Forums" and the menu itself, so when I try to mouse to the menu, my mouse has to pass through that space, which makes the menu disappear, making it impossible to click on the menu at all.  Since the thread pages are long, of course I am scrolling all the time, so that means these menus are completely unusable for me.  

2. When I am using the reply editor that is at the bottom of the thread and I add a smiley, after I choose the smiley, the page goes to a large blank grey area at the bottom of the screen.  Scrolling up brings me back to my reply.

3. When I am choosing the smileys, there is a horizontal scroll bar in addition to the vertical scroll bar.  This makes it very annoying trying to scroll through to find the one I want.  There is no way to resize the smiley window to fix this.  

I have Windows 7 and up to date Chrome (7.0.517.44).

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#2 of 3 Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM

Thank you for letting us know. :)

Your issues are being looked into and we hope to have an answer for you ASAP.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#3 of 3 Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM

Hi! It's my understanding that the double scroll bar on the smilie popup is something that is happening on all browsers. Since some of our smilies are much wider than others, in order not to lose many of these bigger smilies, the designers allowed for a bottom scroll bar. We are working to see what we can do. We have put in a request for the software engineer to take a look. I know this is not ideal, but is it possible to try another browser in the interim for the scrolling problems and the gray page length issue?

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page