Development: Mobile Option - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been a member of MDC for about 7 years.  We live too far out in the woods and do not have access to the internet other than through dial-up.  Satellite won't work due to the wonderful number of trees.  Your old "Mobile Option" allowed quick enough downloads and uploads so that I could post and stay current and keep in touch with my tribe.  Since the new format has been implemented, the pages take about 10 minutes to download and usually time out when I try to post.  I feel cut off again from Community here.  I can't seem to find the Mobile Option.  Did you elimate it?  Is it somewhere else?  Will you reinstate it?  Thanks.

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#2 of 3 Old 11-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Hi Loftmama!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the page downloads. That is something we are looking into the cause of and hope to be able to address very soon so everyone gets faster page loads.

The mobile option is not yet ready and I don't have a timeline of when we can expect to get it in place. The old one cannot be applied to our new platform so it is being developed and will take some time. Have you tried disabling images in your browser settings? That might help reduce your page loading times.

#3 of 3 Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, thanks for responding.  Knowing that you're working on it alleviates my frustration.  I have not tried to disable images.  Thanks for the tip!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page