Parents as partners - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A few years ago when my Husband and I were having some major marital issues I found some really helpful information on a forum called Parents as Partners.  We're having issues again and I was hoping to find some more advice but I can't find it now.  Has it been replaced by something else?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2011, 03:51 PM

Have you changed your user name? I believe Parents as Partners requires 50 posts to access it.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 PM

3 more posts and you can get in.  I don't think it was originally set up this way, so that may be why you were able to access it years ago. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM

I think it requires 50 posts.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 PM

Why such a requirement? Seems a little arbitrary, or I'm missing something obvious?

Happily married, with DS 08.2010
Old 02-07-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingWidgeteer View Post

Why such a requirement? Seems a little arbitrary, or I'm missing something obvious?

Parents as Partners is where you can discuss relationship issues.  By requiring 50 posts (and 60 days?), it means that not just anyone can lurk here and read all about your life - especially since it's often sensitive info. 

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:27 AM

We have several forums that require a minimum of 50 posts and 60 days of membership (Parents as Partners, Talk Among Ourselves and our current Trading Post forums). I'm very sorry for the inconvenience, but these limits were set years ago as a way to minimize the visibility of sensitive content. It might take 24 hours once you've met the requirements for the software to enable your account.

A restricted forum does not guarantee privacy protection since all members who meets these guidelines have access to view the Parents as Partners forum. Always be cautious when posting personal information online

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I tend to be as much as a wallflower online as I am in real life.  I guess I'll have to go poke around a bit more and find a few things I'm comfortable commenting on. innocent.gif

Old 02-08-2011, 08:27 PM

You're always welcome to post to say hi to newcomers in the Pleased to Meet You forum...but you just need a few more posts. You're so close!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Old 02-09-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Parents as Partners is where you can discuss relationship issues.  By requiring 50 posts (and 60 days?), it means that not just anyone can lurk here and read all about your life - especially since it's often sensitive info. 

Fair enough :)

Happily married, with DS 08.2010

User Tag List