Posting via my phone - used to be able to - not now. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-24-2011, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI, I have been logging on and posting via the browser on my blackberry for over a year. I had not tried to post since the new software was installed for the forum, and now I am not able to post. I see the notice that says I can not access the full editor with the mobile browsing, and so I enter my post into the basic editor, click on submit or preview button and it just sends me to the top of the page. If I put the cursor/highlight the submit or preview buttons, and then hit the enter button on my phone (which works on some sites) it looks like it is sending the info/posting, but then just reloads the page with my post still in the basic editor.

I downloaded the beta of tapatalk for blackberry but it does not let me post either.

I am rarely on a "computer" and mostly access the internet via my phone. I have just joined a ddc and would love to participate more.

Any suggestions on the browser issue? I really want to be able to post.

Thank you

Becca

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#2 of 3 Old 02-24-2011, 12:19 PM

Hi, Becca! I'm really sorry for the difficulties. I will ask our software team if they have any suggestions for you. We have a BB in our household, and I've never been able to post with it either. I know that the BB Tapatalk app is still in beta testing but it should be fully supported in the future. I know it's hard to wait, so I'll see if there are any suggestions for you. Thanks for your patience and support. 

If there are any other Blackberry users who have suggestions, please post to let us know! 

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#3 of 3 Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 AM

Becca, our platform does not currently support BB devices but we hope to do so in the future. Tapatalk's developers are still working on their app for BB, but it is not something we can control or improve upon ourselves in any direct way. However, Tapatalk encourages BB users to provide feedback in the Blackberry for Tapatalk Beta forum so they can make improvements. I'm really sorry I didn't have better news for you! 

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page