What's the deal/policy "Featured Posts" (posts linked to main website, newsletter, facebook etc) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-27-2011, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I keep trying to ask this question about the 'featured posts'.  I know I posted to Facebook and I thought I also emailed the contact on the newsletter after seeing a post.  I still haven't seen a reply- it's possible I missed one on Facebook as I don't always get notified of replies and the page has been very busy lately.  But I'd really like this addressed.

I want to know where I can find out what the policy is on the 'featured posts' that are being linked on Mothering's website, to the Facebook page, and the newsletter (and maybe other places?). I am wondering how these are chosen and if there is a policy that outlines the process.  Is the original poster asked?  Is there any way to identify it?

It is making me very uncomfortable, because although I know that this is a 'public' forum, I feel that selecting a post I may have started or commented on and then posting it out is much different than me just posting on the forum where most likely, no one is going to find something so interesting that it needs to be shared.  I also feel that some of the topics just should not be forwarded via mothering, especially w/o at least asking the person who started the thread  (especially topics dealing with sensitive issues, grief, or local tribes that may include information on a users location)

There are cases where I post for local parenting groups too (Holistic Moms, LLL, etc.) , so I need to be extra careful about location information or contact information.

If I need to create a personal account and a 'business' account to manage my volunteer activities, is that a viable option or are we only supposed to have one user account?

Maybe this is the new era and I have to get used to it, but I'd like to control what I can- or at least feel informed enough to make a confident decision.

Thank you,

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#2 of 3 Old 03-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Hi Jessica. smile.gif

There's no specific criteria on choosing content for the newsletters or Facebook posts. Our editors seek out interesting discussions and feature them as they see fit. We do not ask permission to feature content. Our Terms of Service document outlines our policies. See the section "All User Generated Content within MotheringDotCommunity."

If you have any concerns about something that has been featured please let me know and I'll see what I can do. 

#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the answer.  I suppose this is just a sign of the times.  I figured it was somewhere in the fine print...

Quote:
By furnishing Postings, you give Huddler or MotheringDotCommunity the right to use such Postings in any manner and in any media now known or hereafter invented, including, without limitation, the right to combine your Postings with Postings of third parties in varied combinations

However, as I was remembering, yes, we are prohibited from creating more than one user account... 

Quote:
You agree that you will not:
11.  register for multiple accounts on the Site;

Would a 'organizational' account violate this?  

If I could keep my personal posts separate from those I post for local groups (such as Holistic Moms) it would reduce my 'digital' footprint. 

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page