How do I access emoticons? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I see other posters using emoticons. In the old MDc I just had to his the : sign followed by different things- but when I do that, even :) or :( I don't get an emoticon.

#2 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

Right now the software doesn't use the old BB Code by default so that's why typing :shy and the like doesn't work. So when you are typing your post or reply, look for the smile.gif smilie face icon at the top: 

Screen shot 2011-02-28 at 9.35.42 AM.png

Click it and you'll get a pop-up box filled with MDC smilies. You have to click that each time you want to insert a smilie.

If you select the BB Code editor, you can type in the code for the smilies. You can try it out without making it your default by clicking the Source button at the left of that bar where the smilie box is located.

Hope that helped!

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

#3 of 3 Old 03-23-2011, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

thank you- I will try it right now thumb.gif yes it works smile.gif It takes more time so I will have to look into that other way yo suggested which I don't understand right now but will when  Ihave more time to look into it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page