Quoting another member - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When you want to reply with a quote from another member, but there is only a small portion of the quote you want, how do you remove the rest of the quote?  I'm mainly talking about super long posts where there is only a sentence or two you want to pull from.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#2 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

You can highlight and delete the text you don't want. smile.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

smile.gif

I should have further clarified.  I do know to highlight and delete but in order for it to show up in the gray box as a "Quote," don't you have to keep it within the brackets and slashes and such? I tried to highlight and delete before, but when I did that, it didn't come up as a quote and appeared as if I had written it myself in my reply.  Hope this is making sense.

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

#4 of 6 Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Alternatively, you can highlight and copy the text you want to quote, click the Quote button in the post reply window and paste in the text. You can also put the posters name where "Quote:" is. 

The Mothering user name is maintained by Mothering staff.  Any posts/threads created by the Mothering user name may be featured or shared on Facebook, Twitter or other social media. If you have questions regarding the Mothering user name, please contact administrator@mothering.com.

#5 of 6 Old 04-21-2011, 06:29 AM

Trying to edit quotes has been wonky lately. I've had my cursor get stuck in the quote box and can't get it out when I've tried to edit.

#6 of 6 Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

The cursor issue is a known glitch in Firefox. To help with this, use the BB Code editor. If you're using a different browser and have cursor issues, please let me know. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page