Enlighten me... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It was brought up in another thread that the user agreement at MDC had changed and is more lenient, (for lack of a better word).  When did that happen?  And exactly what is OK now and what isn't??  And how does everyone feel about the change?

#2 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 07:12 PM

There is a whole thread on it in the Questions and Suggestions forum.

#3 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 10:21 PM

Off to go check it out. I would have appreciated a floating note at the top of the forum at the change though. It doesn't seem right that a site can make changes to the agreement that we have with the site without telling the members. Does it? Maybe I'm overlooking something though....

ETA: Ah, seems like this happened a LONG time ago. Never mind... I do like floating notes though ;) Might have missed it though... whatever... lol

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

#4 of 6 Old 05-02-2011, 11:25 PM

They did post about it a month or so ago...
#5 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I haven't familiarized myself with the new UA, but I know it's less restriction and I am all for that. I found the former UA created too much mod intervention IMO. I think it's vital to keep the spirit of Mothering here and manage intrusions from trolls and people who would advocate CIO, etc. But the less censorship and moderation, the better IMO.

lovingmommyhood likes this.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#6 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.J. View Post

I haven't familiarized myself with the new UA, but I know it's less restriction and I am all for that. I found the former UA created too much mod intervention IMO. I think it's vital to keep the spirit of Mothering here and manage intrusions from trolls and people who would advocate CIO, etc. But the less censorship and moderation, the better IMO.

I agree for the most part. I have found it interesting, though, to see some posters devolve now that the UA is less strict. It's weird to think that the only thing holding them back before was the UA, and that the new, harsher persona is closer to their true self -- I thought I "knew" them! wink1.gif

DH+Me 1994 heartbeat.gif DS 2004 heartbeat.gif DD 2008 heartbeat.gif DDog 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page