MDC does not encourage narcissism- that's good! ;) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not really a suggestion, just a few laughs, and applauds that we can't "like" our own comment. I like the wording. "You cannot like your own post". So, thank you, MDC for discouraging narcissism around here thumb.gif

Seriously though, I'm not being sarcastic- I actually find it amusing, and good, that I can't accidentally like my own post. I did this yesterday trying to like someone else's and had to laugh at the wording wink1.gif Yes, I know, I'm easily humored!

Anyway, good feature and stuff! 

goinggreengirl likes this.

Me whistling.gif Wife / SAHM / Musician/ Actress/ Queen of this castle. Progeny: William (January 2007), Tristan (November 2008) and expecting Lukas stork-boy.gif due January 2012!!  lactivist.gif femalesling.GIFwaterbirth.jpg dishes.gif

#2 of 9 Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

lol.gif

philomom likes this.

#3 of 9 Old 05-17-2011, 05:42 PM

Not narcissim, but I love the assurance of, "nobody is following you." It doesnt make me feel like I have no friends, just that I dont have a crazy stalker. smile.gif
Monkey Keeper likes this.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Not narcissim, but I love the assurance of, "nobody is following you." It doesnt make me feel like I have no friends, just that I dont have a crazy stalker. smile.gif

I kind of wish they would either get rid of this, or state the name of the person following you.  I looked at my profile awhile back and it said "You currently have one (1) other users subscribed to your activity feed."  Aaaaand, that's about the time I stopped posting a lot.  The feeling of someone actively looking at every move I made on here creeped me out enough that I don't feel like feeding someone's need to find out what I do here.

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#5 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post

I kind of wish they would either get rid of this, or state the name of the person following you.  I looked at my profile awhile back and it said "You currently have one (1) other users subscribed to your activity feed."  Aaaaand, that's about the time I stopped posting a lot.  The feeling of someone actively looking at every move I made on here creeped me out enough that I don't feel like feeding someone's need to find out what I do here.

One of the recent product updates made it so you can see who is following you. If you go to your profile, you can see the person who is following you. :)

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 9 Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

One of the recent product updates made it so you can see who is following you. If you go to your profile, you can see the person who is following you. :)

Is there something I need to do to make it happen?  It still just says what I quoted above for me...no specific names.  For all I know, it could be my sister (hi StephandOwen!) :lol:

~Brandon Michael (11/23/03), Jocelyn Lily Nữ (2/4/07, adopted 5/28/07 from Vietnam), Amelia Rylie (1/14/09), & Ryland Josef William (9/7/05-9/7/05 @ 41 wks). 
#7 of 9 Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyRae View Post

Is there something I need to do to make it happen?  It still just says what I quoted above for me...no specific names.  For all I know, it could be my sister (hi StephandOwen!) :lol:

It's not me shrug.gif I just looked at mine and I do have a follower, which I didn't know about. It's someone who has been a member for like 6 or 7 years but has very few posts. Kinda creepy.

AllyRae- if you click on "My Profile" and scroll down you'll see it (mine is to the right of my albums). Mine does tell me the name of the member following me.

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#8 of 9 Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 AM

And, ironically, she is following you.  On this thread. 

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#9 of 9 Old 06-22-2011, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post

And, ironically, she is following you.  On this thread. 

ha!ha!  I just got that!

Ok, but seriously, yea, I`d be creeped out by having someone "follow" me....yikes!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page