Adding a Hyperlink to my Signature? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I can't seem to figure out how to add a hyperlink to my siggy.  I tried using text, highlighting it and inserting the hyperlink, but it's not there after I hit submit.  Ideally, I would like to insert smilie (the "see my chart" symbol) and insert a hyperlink to that, but that doesn't work either.  Am I doing something wrong or are hyperlinks no longer allowed in signatures?  Thanks!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 5 Old 07-09-2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Hyperlinking is a currently only permitted for the Business Supporter members. 

#3 of 5 Old 07-09-2011, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL

Ah that would explain it!  Thanks!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Banned

That's lame. I guess the Mothering Community really is changing.. It really saddens me to see websites that do this after being loyal for so long.

#5 of 5 Old 08-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Well Geminikidz I guess you will not like that you have to edit your signature to remove your sales pitch line.

Advertiser Supporter members pay for the business signature benefit and their subscription payments help support MDC and keep the website running. That may be lame to you but it's the way we run things here. If you want to keep your business website and sales pitch in your signature you need to pay for the advertiser supporter membership. More info here. In the meantime please edit your signature to remove the business stuff.

Tags
Signature , Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page