Problem copying links to wikis - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It was recently decided in the Charting to Avoid thread in Family Planning that we would make the opening post less cumbersome while adding more information about different methods by creating or using several wikis and posting the links to them in the first post of the thread each month.  I made the switch-over in the July thread, and all the links work there, but when they were copied into the August thread, none of the links worked.  The links were missing "/community" out of the web address when you clicked on the links.  The new thread keeper had to revisit each one of the links to copy the correct web address and fix the links.  When I copied the same links into a wiki to link all the wikis together, the links doubled the "/wiki" part of the web address.  Copying links from wiki to wiki worked if I was in edit mode in the wiki I was copying from but not if I saved the changes first.

TIA for any help in getting this fixed.  It would be nice if thread keepers could just copy from one post to another and not have to redo the links every month.

#2 of 9 Old 08-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

I'm not sure I understand what you are doing first that is not working but let me go with what I think you're saying and try to copy and past into this post.

flower.gif   July 2011  flower.gif

Click Here for Last Month's Thread

Welcome to the July 2011 charting to avoid and fertility awareness thread. We are all at different stages in family planning and our own fertility. Some of us are very ardently Charting to Avoid (CTA); some are CTA but would be thrilled with a BFP; and we even have a few who are "whatevering" or pregnant and continue to hang out here.

If you did not post in June, you may have been deleted from the list. If you have joined recently, please double check I have your chart linked correctly. If you were mistakenly deleted, you would like to be added/removed, or you spot anything you would like me to change, please post or PM me to let me know. Remember, you must post in July if you want to be on the August list!

To those who are new, welcome! Welcome.gif

Who We Are

Angelorum

AnkaJones

Ashley Payne BFPChart2.gif

azgirl BFPChart2.gif

BirthIsAwesome

Brendalee

CarsonBookworm BFPChart2.gif

Ecologystudent

FaithHopeLove29

goinggreengirl BFPChart2.gif 

jodi5 BFPChart2.gif (STM/MM)

JulesJourney

JuliMummy

kcroto42

librarygirl BFPChart2.gif

Lionessmom

MillieJane BFPChart2.gif

mirpmama BFPChart2.gif

physics girl BFPChart2.gif

PinkBunch

RknOHMum BFPChart2.gif

sosurreal09

Stefibeth BFPChart2.gif
Toolip BFPChart2.gif

treeoflife3

wilson (CrMS)

Graduates

Pregnant! belly.gif

Jaimee (November 2011)

mommy2two babes (December 2011)

lactatinggirl (January 2012)

JMJ (March 2012)

alyadri BFPChart2.gif (March 2012)

justKate BFPChart2.gif (STM) (April 2012)

miss_honeyb BFPChart2.gif  (April 2012)

Wiki Resources for Charting to Avoid

Reasons to Choose Natural Family Planning - Why would you want to use charting to plan your family, anyway?  Feel free to add your own reasons for charting!

Types of Natural Family Planning - It's not just the rhythm method.  They've got this down to a science with options galore!

NFP or FAM Methods While Breastfeeding - You have options in the postpartum period while your fertility is returning!

Resources For Learning About Fertility Cycles - Find books to read or websites to visit, find an instructor, post your chart online, and learn about how your diet affects your fertility.

Fertility Awareness Method - A quick-start guide to the Fertility Awareness, a version of the Sympto-Thermal Method taught by Toni Weschler in her book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Commom Abbreviations for Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness - BBT, EWCM, TCOYF, and more!  Learn what all these crazy acronyms mean here.

Happy Charting Everyone! 

#3 of 9 Old 08-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Administrator

The links I copied and pasted work for me. Can you check and see if they work for you? 

#4 of 9 Old 08-23-2011, 11:26 AM

The links work for me. If it still does not work try using another browser like chrom, mozilla firefox. 

#5 of 9 Old 08-23-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

I am using Firefox.  I copied the links that I'm having problems with below to see if they work for me.  I also copied them into this wiki below the "testing" line at the bottom of the page, and those links are not working for me.

Reasons to Choose Natural Family Planning - Why would you want to use charting to plan your family, anyway?  Feel free to add your own reasons for charting!

Types of Natural Family Planning - It's not just the rhythm method.  They've got this down to a science with options galore!

NFP or FAM Methods While Breastfeeding - You have options in the postpartum period while your fertility is returning!

Resources For Learning About Fertility Cycles - Find books to read or websites to visit, find an instructor, post your chart online, and learn about how your diet affects your fertility.

Fertility Awareness Method - A quick-start guide to the Fertility Awareness, a version of the Sympto-Thermal Method taught by Toni Weschler in her book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility.

Commom Abbreviations for Charting to Avoid/Fertility Awareness - BBT, EWCM, TCOYF, and more!  Learn what all these crazy acronyms mean here.

#6 of 9 Old 08-23-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter
JMJ

The links I copied in the post are working for me now as well, just not when copying to the wiki.  The thread keeper for this month was having difficulties copying the links into the new thread as of a couple days ago.  Has something changed, or is it just working sometimes or for some people?

#7 of 9 Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Nothing has changed that I know of.

So the problem is copying and pasting from or to a wiki?

#8 of 9 Old 09-06-2011, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

Nothing has changed that I know of.

So the problem is copying and pasting from or to a wiki?

The thread keeper didn't have an issue this month, so yes, I guess copying to and from wikis seems to be the only problem that remains.

#9 of 9 Old 09-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Please check my edit placed on that same wiki. I copied from the new thread and pasted into the wiki and all the links are working for me. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page