Rich Text Editor not compatible with my browser? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-29-2011, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I noticed the new platform went into effect just yesterday and now I see "Groups" and "Chat" on my navibar. But what also happened is my Reply Box says the following:

The rich text editor is not compatible with your browser. You may see some HTML source displayed. Any BBCode you enter will be converted to HTML when you save.

And basically it means I see all the HTML coding along with the text. It's not a huge deal as it doesn't affect my ability to type posts, but when I add smilies and formatting or quote someone it's really hard to tell what I'm looking at with all the HTML coding everywhere. I have the latest version of Mozilla Firefox 5, so I don't see why my browser would be the issue. Any suggestions to try? Or will this resolve itself as upgrades are made in the next few days?

Thanks!

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#2 of 4 Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I have gotten this a couple of times when I have logged in with my phone, and then come back to my computer.  Could that be the issue? It usually resolved itself after a bit(couple of posts) You might try logging out and logging back in and see if that helps as well.  Keep me posted!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 4 Old 09-30-2011, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter

Location: Seattle, Tucson, Austin, Baltimore. Now: Urbana, IL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, I did try logging out and logging back in.  It appears to be fine on my laptop starting this morning, but still not on my desk top.... any other ideas?

Mama to Avalon 1/07 waterbirth.jpg, Austin 1/10 in between uc.jpgand Avery 12/11  h20homebirth.gif
fambedsingle1.gif   femalesling.GIF   winner.jpg   cd.gif     ecbaby2.gif  novaxnocirc.gif   goorganic.jpg  

#4 of 4 Old 10-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I'm getting the same behavior. It's been reported so hopefully we'll get a fix soon. redface.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page