Question re: discussion of circumcision - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-04-2012, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm not sure I understand the MDC policy on discussion of circumcision, just want to make sure I do and that I am welcome here. We circumcise for religious reasons. I have no need or desire to discuss this decision with anyone, but I do wonder whether I am allowed to mention it. Obviously I do not look at the anti-circ board, so I do not mean that forum, just in general posts such as in my DDC, e.g. "I practice AP and my son is circumcised according to my religious practices," something like that. FWIW, I waited a long time to join MDC because I assumed I would be unwelcome, and up to this point I have avoided mentioning it altogether. But that seems rather intolerant for a place that is otherwise so tolerant and compassionate. I certainly respect others' views, but I am sometimes shocked by the severity of wording and/or disparagement of what, for me, is a religious practice, that I see in signature lines and posts.

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

"I practice AP and my son is circumcised according to my religious practices" is an acceptable statement in a discussion. While you are certainly accepted here at Mothering as long as you do not advocate for circumcision, some members make no room for religious practice of circumcision and may indeed respond in a way you may not appreciate. As long as there is no personal attack, such a response would be within the realm of discussion permitted. So, if you choose to convey such information be prepared for some responses you may not care to hear. 

Tags
Mothering Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page