About the Sponsored Content, Contests & Giveaways forum - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Admin note: A few posts were made to this thread taking issue with sponsored posting. I have moved those posts here for further comment and discussion as they are not appropriately posted to that thread. Concerns regarding advertising and sponsored posts on Mothering.com can be posted to the Q&S forum for a general community discussion. Below is the first post with the other following.

I have to say, i don't love the advertisment-disguised-as-blog thing we have going on mothering lately... this is the third thing i feel i've been "duped" into reading... I thought it might be interesting to read something about nutrition and vaccination, but what we have here is no actual information, just some woman selling a product... would you care to tell us what these wonderous nutrients are that help with vaccinations, or are you just trying to sell your product?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2012, 11:58 PM

Darn. I thought I was going to learn something.

Old 05-31-2012, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)

Glad it's not just me feeling uncomfortable about this post. If it wasn't Mothering Sponsered I'd flag it as spam....

Mother of two living in UK. Daughter (2007) born in USA, son (2010) born here. I'm pro natural birth, midwife care, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing and a keen advocate of cloth diapering. I'm a full time working research scientist (physical sciences) and I'm pro-vaccine.

Old 05-31-2012, 03:22 AM

Annoying.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:07 AM

very disappointing. I guess everyone sells out for money now. I want facts not ads.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Food - as we have been taught - is the best form of nutrients....I reviewed the site for this faux article/ product ad and only the found list of vitamins listed and benefits. I thought after reading and clicking the link it could provide further detail in regard to combining this product with healthy diet of foods with these naturally occurring nutrients?!! Gave this article a change to not strictly be a product ad, disappointed 'Mothering' we know this site can do better by it's readers and ideology.

User Tag List