Tapatalk app and the forums - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-17-2012, 05:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using the tapatalk app on my iPad to follow the forums. Just a few days ago, it stopped working with the Mothering forums.

any reason why? I know the Mothering forums aren't specifically set up to integrate with Tapatalk, but it was working so well for awhile. I miss it.
#2 of 9 Old 08-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Our tech team is ramping up progress for our own mobile functionality that makes the forum user friendly on a mobile device and that will make using Tapatalk unnecessary. Because they are doing that they are not putting in the time and effort that Tapatalk requires to accommodate their coding changes for every upgrade of browser and Tapatalk software. 

So, it is either that Tapatalk has made some changes or our recent forum update made changes and one or the other is causing a conflict causing it to stop working. So sorry. shy.gif

#3 of 9 Old 08-18-2012, 10:34 AM

This happens to me all the time and is really annoying. What I do, that works every time:

Delete the Tapatalk app from your iPad, just delete it completely. Then go to the app store and re-install it (don't worry, you will not have to pay for it again.) MDC should work fine again the first time you log in with the newly re-installed app.
#4 of 9 Old 08-19-2012, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks both of you. I may do the tapatalk re-install. It works great, when it works. Right now safari on the iPad is working well too.
#5 of 9 Old 09-12-2012, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I haven't had this happen to me in a few months, but previously I would go to manage apps and find tapa talk and clear stuff. There are 2 levels - cache and data. I can't remember if you need to do both. Try clearing cache first, then if that doesn't work try clear data too. Clearing data will clear out your login and everything iirc. This has always worked for me.

I'm glad to hear mothering is looking at something other than tapa talk. TT works great for the other forums I use it for, but it's never worked well with Mothering. I hope the new solution is as great as the diaper swappers app is!

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#6 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 AM

i just had to log out and back in, or once just set up my log in with mdc again within tapatalk.

on a bigger note, i urge MDC to not drop support for tapatalk, i really really do not like to have to have a program and another icon for each forum im on, it simply does not give me enough benefits that are worth while. Tapatalk is suck a good program and lets me check out my car fourm, my flower forum and mdc all in the same quick session or whatever folks do.  i tend to avoid stand along forum programs, and dislike having to use different interfaces for each one with different controls.

a separate program seems like a solution looking for a problem, or a ploy to make more money. just isn't the smoothest way to do things imho 

would you like to share with us what is motivating going to a mobile forum software over something like tapatalk? 

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#7 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Administrator

As far as I understand at this point it's not a separate mobile forum software that you would install. It's an autodetect of a mobile device accessing the site and the mobile friendly version would appear for you automatically. 

I think we'll have a community test of it. If you'd like to be a tester just let me know. :)

#8 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 11:07 AM

i would certainly be interested in testing and i responded the the ambassador thread to that end. 

i have seen some forums do a VERY good job of a mobile site that was not a stand along app but an auto detection, and do think this is a very legitimate option, thank you for explaining. 

sorry if i was jumping to conclusions, i have two sites i love that use stand alone apps and the both are buggy and it has seriously decreased me participation on them. one i have been a member of for nearly a decade, so that is very sad to me.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#9 of 9 Old 09-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Understandable. smile.gif I have you down as a tester. thumb.gif No news yet as to when we'll begin testing but it should be soon. 

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page