Will will my posts stop being held for moderation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-26-2012, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm new here and I know forums are experiencing a ton of spammers trying to get backlinks...

However, I've had a few posts be held for moderation because I am new. I'm also assuming the last time because I included a link (to the mothering.com website of all things!).

It's a little frustrating after I type out long, well-written (I hope) and informed responses to some threads that it is being held for moderation. :(

How long until it doesn't happen? Or should I expect it every time? Just trying to figure out why and when it will (hopefully) stop.

Thanks for whoever knows the answer in advance. :)

#2 of 8 Old 08-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)

All links are potential spam for a new member posting. Our spam filter isn't set to ignore Mothering.com links. lol.gif

i think your other post was held because it was so long and had a bit of varied formatting so the spam filter thought it was cut and pasted text. You'll want to avoid things like that to avoid your posts being flagged as spam. 

I'll set you as a Trusted Member so hopefully you won't get flagged again. 

#3 of 8 Old 08-27-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Wow. Thanks for the quick response and setting me to 'trusted'. I wasn't expecting that and really appreciate it. That makes sense about the links. I know spammers like forums for building back links and thought that would be a reason. I've just seen other forums get triggered for the first 5 or 15 posts, then links are okay. I wasn't sure if this was a similar situation.

The longer post being lengthy and formatted differently I didn't think about that triggering the spam filter. However, I think that will happen often. ;)

I like to be thorough sometimes in responses and by formatting it I think it's easier on the eyes. I'll just have to wait for those to get posted after being moderated I guess. lol.

Thanks again Cynthia.

#4 of 8 Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 PM

The same thing happened to me, but I had no links in my message.  I am however, BRAND new, these are my first 2 posts, so is that why?  Should I wait to get involved, or just keep posting hoping they will show up?  Thank you!

Oh innocent.gif This one showed right up ~ sorry...

#5 of 8 Old 09-16-2012, 09:09 AM

I've been a member here for years, but I post rarely (four kids, ya know!?).  I posted a call to action in the activism forum yesterday (including links) and it is being held for moderation.  How long might this process of "holding" take, and will I be notified when it is approved or *sincere gasp* rejected (I do not expect it to be rejected, but climate change denialism is pervasive in the US, and I do not know the leanings of the mystery moderator)?  I did not save the text that I composed for it, but if it might be going to be rejected, is there a way that I can retrieve the text for use elsewhere?

Thanks!

Dana McHonkenquacken

Poly Wife to: 

Gavain McHonkenquacken

Mama to: 

Egon Zap (m, 10)

Poppy Vespertine (f, 7)

Simon Lavender (aka Skeletor Hawk) (m, 4)

Tillwyn Calliope (f, 1)

and a determined, sweet, pitter-pattering life form, about the size of an apple, who is forcing me to eat icecream (due...

#6 of 8 Old 09-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Administrator

We try to approve daily but on the weekends we tend to spend more time with our families and just handle the very necessary tasks. 

You are not notified. It simply is approved and appears. smile.gif If we do decline because it is inappropriate for the forum (rarely hapens) we would contact the poster to let them know why. 

#7 of 8 Old 09-16-2012, 12:31 PM

Thanks!

Dana McHonkenquacken

Poly Wife to: 

Gavain McHonkenquacken

Mama to: 

Egon Zap (m, 10)

Poppy Vespertine (f, 7)

Simon Lavender (aka Skeletor Hawk) (m, 4)

Tillwyn Calliope (f, 1)

and a determined, sweet, pitter-pattering life form, about the size of an apple, who is forcing me to eat icecream (due...

#8 of 8 Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Administrator

You're welcome. :)

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page