#31 of 42 Old 10-26-2012, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subhuti View Post

Omg! Mobile platform!?!

joy.gif

I can't tell you how much more I would use this site if I could read it on my first gen iPad and or iPhone I have about a 30 sec load for an MDC page on my iPad. It shows my dedication to MDC that I just didn't completely drop out. But it sure cut down my visits and participation.

Hooray!

while the goal is that the new mobile responsive coding might make it no longer needed, you can always use a iOS app like Tapatalk to see forums, i use it for 4 different ones and love how fast it lets me check up on everything i have my feet in all at one place

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#32 of 42 Old 10-28-2012, 05:58 PM

Hi! I posted over on page 1 about the load time. This did not happen with the old format. Just wondering if I can fix it at all? It's kind of irritating and takes away from my slovenly couch potato down time :)

Me and Dh partners.gif, Dd1bouncy.gif  Dd2dust.gif,Ds1joy.gif, 2flowerkitty.gif, 2hamster.jpgand lots of goldfish.gif

#33 of 42 Old 10-31-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

as a interesting and fun side note, Mothering.com is featured on the Huddler:  Method page (the folks that make this software for those of you that didn't know)  

Tell them they got to upgrade their image of us to match!!!

Will pass that onto Huddler, thanks.

#34 of 42 Old 10-31-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Adina, that helps, but I dont think that new people who join MDC are going to be looking for "Groups" and then finding their DDC. When I go to a new site, I go the "Pregnancy" section. But, it doesnt really matter to me, I just thought it was something admins might want to think about for newbies. 

We're concerned about this too and are talking about ways to make the Due Date Clubs more visible in the new design (and were before that). Did you notice them in the drop down under Pregnancy?. Thanks for the suggestion. We're working on it.

#35 of 42 Old 10-31-2012, 09:29 PM

I noticed recently that the due date clubs are under pregnancy, which makes sense. :) 

But what about the vaccine boards and circumcision boards?  I had a hard time finding them, and for a while I only found them through old posts of mine.  Then I discovered them under "community" on the right.  But wouldn't it make sense to put them under the health tab, or something like that?  If I was just browsing this board for the first time, I might not realize there are vaccination and circumcision forums. 

And why aren't the off topic forums more visible, like Talk Among Ourselves?

Just wondering...

#36 of 42 Old 10-31-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kythe View Post

I noticed recently that the due date clubs are under pregnancy, which makes sense. :) 

But what about the vaccine boards and circumcision boards?  I had a hard time finding them, and for a while I only found them through old posts of mine.  Then I discovered them under "community" on the right.  But wouldn't it make sense to put them under the health tab, or something like that?  If I was just browsing this board for the first time, I might not realize there are vaccination and circumcision forums. 

And why aren't the off topic forums more visible, like Talk Among Ourselves?

Just wondering...

Actually, the only due date clubs listed under pregnancy are the ones for March and April of 2012. The rest of the DDC's are listed under Community and then Groups. 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#37 of 42 Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

All of the Due Date Clubs that used to be under Pregnancy (except for March and April 2012) have been archived. Those remaining two will be archived soon. All Due Date Clubs are now opened under Groups at the request of members and can stay open as DDCs after the births as well for everyone to connect as their babes grow. :)

#38 of 42 Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum5 View Post

Hi! I posted over on page 1 about the load time. This did not happen with the old format. Just wondering if I can fix it at all? It's kind of irritating and takes away from my slovenly couch potato down time :)

I'm sorry you're experiencing slow loading. It may be intermittent or some incompatibility. I'm not seeing slow loading on my browser so i can't say what is causing it. If you'd like us to check into load times that might affect your specific operating system and browser click on the Support link at the bottom of any page and then fill in the Feedback Form. That will log your system info. Just give examples of pages that you find sow loading when you fill in the form. 

#39 of 42 Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthia Mosher View Post

All of the Due Date Clubs that used to be under Pregnancy (except for March and April 2012) have been archived. Those remaining two will be archived soon. All Due Date Clubs are now opened under Groups at the request of members and can stay open as DDCs after the births as well for everyone to connect as their babes grow. :)

I like that the new DDC's are groups, but is there any way to separate them from the other groups? Since we are archiving the last two old school ddc's soon, cant we just call them DDC's and put them under pregnancy. A girlfriend of mine who is due in May 2013 came to MDC and had a hard time finding her DDC. She finally found it by google searching "mothering may 2013" but it seems like it would be SO much easier if it was just listed under pregnancy. 

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#40 of 42 Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Unfortunately we cannot move Groups to a forum. I might be able to set up a forum in Pregnancy that redirects to the DDC list page showing all and only the DDCs. Do you think that would be helpful?

I placed it. Take a look and see what you think. :)

#41 of 42 Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM

I think it would be helpful.

But, I wasnt suggesting to move groups to a forum, just to have to Pregnancy list (at the top of the toolbar) link to the DDC groups. Basically, a page that had all the groups that were created for DDC's listed on it. They'd still have to join the group, but it would be easier to find from the pregnancy drop down bar. 

SIDS happens. 

#42 of 42 Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Administrator

Check what I did. You can see Due Date Clubs from the forum index page and also from the forum dropdown menu.

Tags
Mothering Help

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page