Subscribed to Forum but not showing new posts?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-02-2013, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I subscribed to 2 forums where I wanted to say any new posts pop up but I just looked in the forums and there are multiple new posts that I never got a notification on. What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

I know that with a subscription to a thread, you get a notification there is a new post to the thread but you don;t continue to get notifications with every post made thereafter. When you visit the forum then you the new notification service will alert you again when a new post is made.

It may be that the forum subscription works the same way - you get a single notification when a new thread is made to the forum but not every thread made. I will double check on this. That may not be the case at all. Hang tight and I'll find out and let you know. :)

#3 of 4 Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK all year I was thinking Wow the CAC has stopped getting any posts at all, what happened. I should have checked but it didnt occur to me since last year I was seeing new threads pop up.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 4 Old 06-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)

It seems you have Site Only set for your subscriptions. To check this, go to the "edit my subscriptions" tab of your Subscriptions page and check all the boxes for the forums you are asking about. What are they set to?  If set to Site Only change the frequency to immediately, daily or weekly, whatever you desire. 

Let me know if you have any problems or if this does not resolve it for you.

smile.gif

Tags
Mothering Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page