Revisting the question of who is allowed to post in Mindful Vaccination - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Per Cynthia's instructions in post 59 of this thread http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1384035/i-feel-like-i-am-the-only-one-in-the-world-that-choses-not-to-vaccinate/40
I am posing the question of who, exactly, is permitted to post in this forum. Lest this thread disappear without a trace, I am PMing Cynthia, so she will be aware of the discussion.

I generally post in I'm Not Vaccinating because I dislike being bombarded with provax rhetoric. Because of that, when I did post on a thread in this forum, neither pro nor anti in tone, suggesting the mother could get her question concerning how to treat a vaccine reaction treated using natural remedies better answered if she also posted in allergies (I think that was my suggestion), I received a PM from a moderator about my post. I agreed not to post more on the thread, but that leaves the question -- if someone posts in INV, does that person lose the right to post in MV?
#2 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pek64 View Post

Per Cynthia's instructions in post 59 of this thread http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1384035/i-feel-like-i-am-the-only-one-in-the-world-that-choses-not-to-vaccinate/40
I am posing the question of who, exactly, is permitted to post in this forum. Lest this thread disappear without a trace, I am PMing Cynthia, so she will be aware of the discussion.

I generally post in I'm Not Vaccinating because I dislike being bombarded with provax rhetoric. Because of that, when I did post on a thread in this forum, neither pro nor anti in tone, suggesting the mother could get her question concerning how to treat a vaccine reaction treated using natural remedies better answered if she also posted in allergies (I think that was my suggestion), I received a PM from a moderator about my post. I agreed not to post more on the thread, but that leaves the question -- if someone posts in INV, does that person lose the right to post in MV?

Pek, I am the moderator who sent you that PM. I was helping out in Vax during that time (early this year) and I had asked many members to avoid posting in MV/INV if they identified with the other perspective. Because that did not sit well with you and other members, Cynthia posted a revision and clarification about the guidelines for posting in MV/INV. This was back in March. Cynthia's post was after my PM to you and you posted to the thread so I assumed you had read it and understood. 

I PM'd you with all of this information yesterday but here is a copy of the thread again for your reference: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380233/who-should-post-in-im-not-vaccinating-and-mindful-vaccination

If any other members received a PM from me about posting guidelines before Cynthia's post (back before March), please see the above thread for updated information on posting guidelines.  

Edited to note that we are discussing a post from March 2013 and PM's prior to that.  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama View Post

Pek, I am the moderator who sent you that PM. I was helping out in Vax during that time and I had asked many members to avoid posting in MV/INV if they identified with the other perspective. Because that did not sit well with you and other members, Cynthia posted a revision and clarification about the guidelines for posting in MV/INV. This was posted after my PM to you and you posted to the thread so I assumed you had read it and understood. 

I PM'd you with this information yesterday but here is a copy of the thread again: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1380233/who-should-post-in-im-not-vaccinating-and-mindful-vaccination

If any other members received a PM from me about posting guidelines before Cynthia's post, please see the above thread for updated information on posting guidelines.  

Where exactly is this revision and clarification to be found?

I looked at the link you provided here and can't find any edit to Cynthia's post or any new post showing and revision.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#4 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

Where exactly is this revision and clarification to be found?

I looked at the link you provided here and can't find any edit to Cynthia's post or any new post showing and revision.

It is the OP of this thread (linked above), which reads: 

Quote:

I have been reviewing things with our moderators here so that we can redefine our approach to handling the grey areas of the two vax support subforums. Due to the fair amount of violations that we were seeing in the forum against the guidelines that were posted, we asked that members who are not vaccinating should not post to the Mindful Vaccination forum and members who are vaccinating - either partially, delayed or completely on schedule - should not post to I'm Not Vaccinating. This would certainly make things much easier for us in moderating but it is clashing with what we have stated in our guidelines and raised some issues for those who may need to post for support and help in both forums from time to time.

So, we'd like to once again clarify the guidelines for posting to the I'm Not Vaccinating and the Mindful Vaccination support forums and use this as our moderation basis

#5 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:

If any other members received a PM from me about posting guidelines before Cynthia's post, please see the above thread for updated information on posting guidelines.  

Quote:

It is the OP of this thread (linked above), which reads: 

I'm sorry from you pervious post it sounded like this was new, the post is from March. So nothing is updated?

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#6 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post

I'm sorry from you pervious post it sounded like this was new, the post is from March. So nothing is updated?

No, nothing has been clarified or updated since Cynthia's post - at least as far as I know. We are discussing a post from March and any PMs that preceded that. I will edit my previous post to include the date. Thanks for asking for a clarification. 

#7 of 7 Old 06-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)

Wherever you align with more closely, that's where you should post. If you feel you belong in Mindful Vaccination but the provax posters make the forum uncomfortable for you then propose a solution.

I am moving this to Site Help and Feedback since that is where board issues should be discussed at length and where everyone can share their thoughts. 

Tags
Selective Vaccination

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page