question about content in thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-20-2014, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I would like to know why posts linking vaccination to rape and pedophilia are being allowed in the vaccination support forum. I've flagged two with no response and they haven't been edited. Is this really a position mdc supports? Rape is an incredibly serious thing that shouldn't be brought up to compare anything and I hope the modetators will reconsider allowing minimizing the horror and pain if this act by allowing it to be used so flippantly. At a minimum it shouldn't be allowed on a thread showing up in vaccine support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hi there!

I'm sorry that your reports went unanswered to this point. I have been discussing them with the other mods and admin. I agree with you that that analogy is a poor one, and is offensive to many. It is not a position that Mothering supports, but then there are a lot of posts that are posted on the board that are not official Mothering positions.

I hear your anger at this post minimizing what is a very real horror. And i do think that members should post to point out why this post is out of line. As we have seen in the past, when members post in a calm and informative manner abut situations like this, it goes a lot further than us deleting the post and handling it via PM. Which is why I have not asked for edits. There are a lot of things that people may take offense to on the board, and that may minimize or trivialize their personal struggles. It would be impossible to moderate in a manner such as to remove all of those instances, and it is not effective in setting a board culture where it is understood that an analogy such as comparing rape to vaccination is not deemed acceptable or a good argument.

I hope that you and other members will post to the thread and explain why this analogy is inaccurate and hurtful.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

It's on a vaccination support thread amd isn't supportive of vaccinations. The support threads are moderated often and people are frequently asked to edit posts promotining mandatory vaxing or questioning parental quality of non vaxers. Why is it ok then for people to go on the support thread and say people who vaccinate are like rapists and pedophiles. I don't see how you can separate mdc from this pov if you allow the post to stay in an area that is supposed to be supportive of people choosing t vaccinate.
#4 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Please unsubscribe me. This community is clearly no longer one in which I can be emotionally safe.  I was not able to find an unsubscribe button on my profile page.

#5 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Administrator

The post in question is in a thread about the vaccination forum guidelines, and is placed in the Vaccinations Debate forum. It is not in a support forum.

I can certainly close your account if you wish me to. If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#6 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

I just checked the vaccination support thread again and it is indeed there.
#7 of 7 Old 05-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Would you PM me a link so I can look? I only see the Vaccination Debate one.

I'm not saying that I will edit or remove, but I would like to see the other instance of this discussion.

Tags
Mothering Help

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page