#271 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
@Caledvwlch I'll have a look

Mark
Thanks! I've reloaded and logged in/out several times and it's still the same.

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
@Caledvwlch I'll have a look

Mark
@Caledvwlch The DDC change was applied to that group. It now uses the forum instead of the social groups, so it can be accessed via mobile and through Tapatalk, plus it supports quoting, mentions, attachments and so forth. What was the issue you were reporting specifically?

Mark
#273 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Administrator

@SweetSilver this should take you to the last post:
Bikini Baristas: Offensive, Annoying? No idea what I'm talking about?

The url above takes you to the top of page 2. Do you remember where you clicked that gave you that url, I assume you expected to be at the bottom of page 2?

Mark
#274 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
@Caledvwlch The DDC change was applied to that group. It now uses the forum instead of the social groups, so it can be accessed via mobile and through Tapatalk, plus it supports quoting, mentions, attachments and so forth. What was the issue you were reporting specifically?

Mark
Okay - it looks all right now. I pulled it up on several different browsers, and - while it wasn't working at first - it is now, even while using the same links. I'm not sure why it was having issues. I was puzzled, as it was working perfectly last night, but looked as it did in the .png when I accessed it today.

ETA - I was accessing it via the forum/subforum links on the site, NOT via a link saved on my end - I was sure to check, as I knew that there had been a switch from group to forum. Thank you!

Regardless, thank you!

e

wife of my sun and stars

momma to tiny.human v1.0

tiny.human v2.0 summer 2014

#275 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Can you post a screenshot of your editor?
There is no "insert image" button on the advanced editor or the basic editor. I am in Firefox.
Attached Images
File Type: png advancedEditorNoImageButton.png (41.1 KB, 3 views)

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#276 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I can now access the June DDC as a forum instead of a social group, but the post that was posted to as a way of announcing the change has the title of a pre-existing thread from our group, but has completely different posts in it than the ones that it should have (from a separate thread that has nothing to do with our DDC and belongs somewhere else).

Also, all posts made between 5/29 and today have disappeared. I went to great lengths (without a functioning search option) to find and "bump" several different threads in the past week so we could find them and they are nowhere to be seen. In addition, the missing posts included several birth announcements, it being the June DDC and all. I was under the impression everything would transfer, not just everything from before the original format change.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#277 of 390 Old 06-07-2014, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:

The url above takes you to the top of page 2. Do you remember where you clicked that gave you that url, I assume you expected to be at the bottom of page 2?

Mark
That's right. I clicked on the "down" arrow to the left of the thread title. Usually that scrolls me down to my first unread post, but that one is being stubborn for some reason.

ETA: the link took me to the top of page 2, but I've read all the responses? But it's been doing the same thing even when I have unread posts.

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."

Last edited by SweetSilver; 06-07-2014 at 07:59 PM.
#278 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I found that I can't really use the back arrow any more. Each page seems to load 8 times so I have to click 8 times to go back to a previous page. I'm using firefox. Not sure if anyone else have this problem. I'm just so used to clicking the back arrow.

*Only the current page seem to be reproduced 8 times. Every time a new page is loaded that page is shown 8 times in the back arrow drag down list.

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#279 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Just a couple of things (& I'm not sure if they've been mentioned up-thread):
1. It'd be great to be able to log in on the home page & to navigate directly to active threads/subscriptions. I don't see a way to do that currently.
2. Related to that: There needs to be a way to easily navigate to a users subscriptions. Usually when I log in the first thing I want to do is check in on the threads I've most recently contributed to.
3. The Tapatalk interface seems to be hit or miss (or just buggy)--I posted to a thread last night but when I viewed the thread this morning on Tapatalk, my post is just not there (even though it appears on the Mothering website).
4. Another problem with Tapatalk (& maybe with Mothering.com)--my subscriptions are wonky. Why am I not subscribed automatically to threads I post on?

I have to say, I'm not loving the conversion--the format hasn't felt very user-friendly. It takes me many more clicks to get to where I want to go.

Mama to my little busy bee. 

#280 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by t2009 View Post
2. Related to that: There needs to be a way to easily navigate to a users subscriptions. Usually when I log in the first thing I want to do is check in on the threads I've most recently contributed to.
Two ways: your "User CP" now shows recently updated threads you've posted in, plus a list of your subscribed forums. Second, under is the "thread subscriptions" button which takes you to all your subscribed threads, whether they have been updated or not (updated ones are bolded).

"Let me see you stripped down to the bone. Let me hear you speaking just for me."
#281 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
3. The Tapatalk interface seems to be hit or miss (or just buggy)--I posted to a thread last night but when I viewed the thread this morning on Tapatalk, my post is just not there (even though it appears on the Mothering website).
4. Another problem with Tapatalk (& maybe with Mothering.com)--my subscriptions are wonky. Why am I not subscribed automatically to threads I post on?
For the subscriptions, can you try the two top right links on each page - Thread Subscriptions and Forum Subscriptions? Those should both give you what you were looking for.

Regarding Tapatalk, that's strange. You're saying that the post isn't visible on tapatalk but is on when you visit the forum?

Regarding subscriptions, I am guessing your settings are set in your UserCP to automatically subscribe you. You can turn this on within the UserCP:
http://www.mothering.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

You'll see about half way down Default thread subscription mode. Using the dropdown, choose which way you want to be notified/subscribed.

Mark
#282 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Just a couple of things (& I'm not sure if they've been mentioned up-thread):
1. It'd be great to be able to log in on the home page & to navigate directly to active threads/subscriptions. I don't see a way to do that currently.
I've added a login box to the homepage now.
http://www.mothering.com/

When you login there, it will take you directly to the forum homepage, where you can click on the Thread and Forum Subscription buttons on the top right. Let me know if this does what you need @t2009 and please keep the feedback coming.

Mark
#283 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddi View Post
I found that I can't really use the back arrow any more. Each page seems to load 8 times so I have to click 8 times to go back to a previous page. I'm using firefox. Not sure if anyone else have this problem. I'm just so used to clicking the back arrow.

*Only the current page seem to be reproduced 8 times. Every time a new page is loaded that page is shown 8 times in the back arrow drag down list.
@Poddi I've asked our creative team to check this out tomorrow, that should not be happening. The back arrow should always work (and I'm sorry it's not for you, that sounds really frustrating!)

Mark
#284 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
I can now access the June DDC as a forum instead of a social group, but the post that was posted to as a way of announcing the change has the title of a pre-existing thread from our group, but has completely different posts in it than the ones that it should have (from a separate thread that has nothing to do with our DDC and belongs somewhere else).

Also, all posts made between 5/29 and today have disappeared. I went to great lengths (without a functioning search option) to find and "bump" several different threads in the past week so we could find them and they are nowhere to be seen. In addition, the missing posts included several birth announcements, it being the June DDC and all. I was under the impression everything would transfer, not just everything from before the original format change.
@Sihaya It should, I'll have a look and let you know once it's fixed up.

Mark
#285 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
@Sihaya It should, I'll have a look and let you know once it's fixed up.

Mark
@Sihaya Can you check if they are back now? I've compared the database to what's there, and I've clicked through to view all of those threads, so I believe they are all back, but I'd like a second set of eyes on it.

Thanks!
Mark
#286 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
I'd like to put in another vote for

3) There should always be a forum association for every thread title (in "Recent Discussions" for example)

I agree with the poster above me who said something along the lines of the functionality still feeling "off." It feels that way to me, too, and I don't think it's just because it's new.
@newmamalizzy I will be asking creative if they can add the forum name to recent discussions on the sidebar.

Mark
#287 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinal View Post
Hi there! I know that the DDCs are one of the highest priorities right now, and that the issues are being worked on.
@anablis December 2013 is now imported, is now on forums, and I've added subscriptions for all members. This should hopefully resolve the issues you were having.

Mark
VS JEFF likes this.
#288 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
@anablis December 2013 is now imported, is now on forums, and I've added subscriptions for all members. This should hopefully resolve the issues you were having.

Mark
Thank you!
verticalscope likes this.
#289 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
One feature that I am missing (or perhaps just haven't been in the right circumstances to see) is the notice that a new post has been posted while you are looking at the thread. IE - when someone posts something new when you're reading, a notice popped up at the bottom of the screen so you could load that before you posted yourself or clicked away from the thread. It really cut down on the number of posts that got missed.
rachelsmama and Sihaya like this.

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#290 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
http://www.mothering.com/forum/17545...ong-sorry.html appears to be a glitch - claims to be a birth story, but is something totally unrelated.

DS born 6/03, DD1 born 9/06, DD2 born 10/10, DD3 born 4/14.
#291 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocelotmom View Post
http://www.mothering.com/forum/17545...ong-sorry.html appears to be a glitch - claims to be a birth story, but is something totally unrelated.
@ocelotmom glitch fixed for that thread - Elizabeth "Liddy" Anne Birth Story (really long sorry) - thanks for reporting it!

Mark
#292 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
@Sihaya Can you check if they are back now? I've compared the database to what's there, and I've clicked through to view all of those threads, so I believe they are all back, but I'd like a second set of eyes on it.

Thanks!
Mark
Nope, they are still all completely gone. I started a June chat thread and it just doesn't exist anymore, so someone who's been gone since before the change and just checked in started a new one. I won't be back to read this thread regularly - I'm too busy getting ready to have a baby to deal with this anymore.

#293 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I started a June chat thread and it just doesn't exist anymore, so someone who's been gone since before the change and just checked in started a new one.
Just went back again and now a thread with the same name as the chat thread I started is there, but the only poster in it is Mothering Guidelines and the only content is the Vaccination Forum guidelines.

All other new posts and threads from after about 9am Eastern Time on May 29th and before about 5am Eastern Time today are gone besides the other thread I mentioned earlier. That one has the same title as a thread one of our group members started, but it now appears to have been started by teacozy and has completely unrelated content (also apparently from the Vaccination Forum).

#294 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nope, they are still all completely gone. I started a June chat thread and it just doesn't exist anymore, so someone who's been gone since before the change and just checked in started a new one. I won't be back to read this thread regularly - I'm too busy getting ready to have a baby to deal with this anymore.
No problem, @Sihaya , the info you gave me is enough for me to check into. Thanks for the help!

Mark
#295 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 06:28 PM

Tapatalk I not working for mdc. It says to contact the forum administrators. I use tapatalk for 2 other forums and haven't had issues using those, just mdc.
#296 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
Tapatalk I not working for mdc. It says to contact the forum administrators. I use tapatalk for 2 other forums and haven't had issues using those, just mdc.
@lilacvioletiris I checked w/Tapatalk support on your question. They think you might have the previous MDC forum configuration. They asked that:

- Select and hold down on the mothering entry you have in your forums list
- Remove it from the list (on Android there's a Trash icon, for example)
- Search for Mothering, and re-add it

I've also tested it on my iPhone and Android and it is working for me on both devices.

Let me know if that works above if not I will escalate it back to Tapatalk and will need more device info (what kind of phone you have, and what logo you see as we used a slightly different one for MDC).

Mark
#297 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post
Two ways: your "User CP" now shows recently updated threads you've posted in, plus a list of your subscribed forums. Second, under is the "thread subscriptions" button which takes you to all your subscribed threads, whether they have been updated or not (updated ones are bolded).
Thanks, SweetSilver! I changed my settings. It still seems like there are more clicks required, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
VS JEFF likes this.

#298 of 390 Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
For the subscriptions, can you try the two top right links on each page - Thread Subscriptions and Forum Subscriptions? Those should both give you what you were looking for.

Regarding Tapatalk, that's strange. You're saying that the post isn't visible on tapatalk but is on when you visit the forum?

Regarding subscriptions, I am guessing your settings are set in your UserCP to automatically subscribe you. You can turn this on within the UserCP:
http://www.mothering.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

You'll see about half way down Default thread subscription mode. Using the dropdown, choose which way you want to be notified/subscribed.

Mark
Thanks, Mark! I've changed my settings & got that fixed. Re. Tapatalk, I'm not sure what happened. I haven't used it again today but hopefully it was a fluke??

Quote:
I've added a login box to the homepage now.
http://www.mothering.com/

When you login there, it will take you directly to the forum homepage, where you can click on the Thread and Forum Subscription buttons on the top right. Let me know if this does what you need @t2009 and please keep the feedback coming.

Mark
Excellent! Any way you can keep me logged in? Thanks again!!

#299 of 390 Old 06-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
There is no "insert image" button on the advanced editor or the basic editor. I am in Firefox.
PC, Mac or mobile device?

#300 of 390 Old 06-09-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
PC, Mac or mobile device?
PC (firefox) and mobile desktop version (chrome). It seems to be missing a toolbar to do any editing to text in the "Message" box. There isn't anything to do bold, underline, italics, or change font size or text. There also isn't a "insert image" button. I am figuring these are all interrelated.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page