Website Conversion - Please Read - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 175Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#331 of 390 Old 06-13-2014, 07:00 AM
 
Galatea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 7,158
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Wondering when the December 2014 DDC will be transitioned to regular forum format?

DS1 2004 ~ DS2 2005 ~ DD1 2008 ~ DS3 2010 ~ DD2 due Dec. 2014
On hospital bedrest for pPROM since 23 weeks
Galatea is online now  
#332 of 390 Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator
 
VS JEFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Wondering when the December 2014 DDC will be transitioned to regular forum format?
Mark has to do those manually and I know he is working on them as fast as he can, hopefully int he next week or so. He did the most current ones first for obvious reasons.

Hang in there and thanks for the understanding.

Jeff

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
VerticalScope.com
VS JEFF is offline  
#333 of 390 Old 06-13-2014, 12:36 PM
 
monkeyscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 2,227
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Issue encountered to day: There appears to be no way to edit a thread title. I believe this used to be in thread tools? Or maybe possible if you edited the first post? I'd like to edit the title of a thread I started, but I only seem to be able to change the title of the first post, not the whole thread.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
monkeyscience is online now  
#334 of 390 Old 06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
 
newmamalizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Getting a lot of "threat notifications" from my virus software when I'm on this site today. Any idea why that might be happening? I haven't had this problem until today and it's not happening with any other sites.
newmamalizzy is online now  
#335 of 390 Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 AM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Wondering when the December 2014 DDC will be transitioned to regular forum format?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Getting a lot of "threat notifications" from my virus software when I'm on this site today. Any idea why that might be happening? I haven't had this problem until today and it's not happening with any other sites.
Can you grab a screenshot of the report and post it here or tell us what it is reporting? Also, do you see it related to any advertising on the page at the time?

cynthia mosher is offline  
#336 of 390 Old 06-15-2014, 01:37 PM
 
Kittymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Cynthia,

I still can't edit my signature, and tomorrow my pregnancy ticker will be 3 weeks behind. I guess I could delete most of my smilies, but I would really rather not. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40
Kittymom is offline  
#337 of 390 Old 06-15-2014, 03:08 PM
 
newmamalizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,635
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Can you grab a screenshot of the report and post it here or tell us what it is reporting? Also, do you see it related to any advertising on the page at the time?
Hmm. It seems to have stopped. Might have been a savvy ploy by my virus software to get me to re-register I'll take a screen-shot if it happens again.
newmamalizzy is online now  
#338 of 390 Old 06-15-2014, 10:55 PM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom View Post
Cynthia,

I still can't edit my signature, and tomorrow my pregnancy ticker will be 3 weeks behind. I guess I could delete most of my smilies, but I would really rather not. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I think I fixed it. Try now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmamalizzy View Post
Hmm. It seems to have stopped. Might have been a savvy ploy by my virus software to get me to re-register I'll take a screen-shot if it happens again.
Thanks!
VS JEFF likes this.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#339 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 03:39 AM
 
lilacvioletiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
These two issues from last week have not yet been addressed.

First Bread crumb trail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
Ok, this goes back to the comment on "bread crumb trail". In the recent discussions box on the right of the page a person is currently reading, it would give the title of the recent discussion "Legal for a homebirth", Today 2:49 PM "in forum/subforum name" by minerva23 so that I know whether it is in a part of mdc that I know something about or want to be involved in.
Second, no toolbar in advanced mode for editing text or for adding images. Once a week I add a screen shot of a weight loss chart for a thread I am keeper on. The only way for me to add a full size image is to use html tags instead of clicking a button to copy and paste the url to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
@ VS Jeff, @verticalscope - can you assist with this?

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
lilacvioletiris is offline  
#340 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 AM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
These two issues from last week have not yet been addressed.

First Bread crumb trail.


Second, no toolbar in advanced mode for editing text or for adding images. Once a week I add a screen shot of a weight loss chart for a thread I am keeper on. The only way for me to add a full size image is to use html tags instead of clicking a button to copy and paste the url to.
For the no toolbar issue, please check your editor now. Does it show you all the text editing options now?

cynthia mosher is offline  
#341 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 05:41 AM
 
lilacvioletiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
For the no toolbar issue, please check your editor now. Does it show you all the text editing options now?
Even in the quick reply the toolbars are present! Thank you!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
lilacvioletiris is offline  
#342 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
You had your setting in your UserCP set to Basic Editor - which is completely devoid of any formatting options. I changed it to the Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG Editing.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#343 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 06:01 AM
 
lilacvioletiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Battle Creek, MI
Posts: 3,046
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
You had your setting in your UserCP set to Basic Editor - which is completely devoid of any formatting options. I changed it to the Enhanced Interface - full WYSIWYG Editing.
I think it is better to just make "Go Advanced" the full WYSIWYG because most people expect that. I would have never thought to go to my userCP to change the editor. Now what you have doen begs the question what is the difference between basic and advanced?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
lilacvioletiris is offline  
#344 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 06:07 AM
 
Sihaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In a brand new place all over again
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
I think I fixed it. Try now?
The image limit issue in my signature is fixed for me. I am still unable to change my avatar, though.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sihaya is offline  
#345 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 08:48 AM
 
Harmony96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lash-tastic Texas
Posts: 3,145
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'm still waiting on my advertiser tag, even though I see around the board that others have theirs (whether they were never gone or they're new advertisers, I don't know. But I miss my tag and wouldn't want someone to report me for advertising "illegally" and have to deal with all of that).

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
Harmony96 is offline  
#346 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
The image limit issue in my signature is fixed for me. I am still unable to change my avatar, though.
I reported this to our tech team. Hopefully they will resolve it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I'm still waiting on my advertiser tag, even though I see around the board that others have theirs (whether they were never gone or they're new advertisers, I don't know. But I miss my tag and wouldn't want someone to report me for advertising "illegally" and have to deal with all of that).
Checking into this...
Sihaya likes this.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#347 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 12:33 PM
 
monkeyscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 2,227
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Any update on how we can edit the title of a thread?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
monkeyscience is online now  
#348 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
In the forum index page double click next to (not on) the thread title. You should have the title text window open that allows you to edit. Give it a try and let me know if it's still not working for you.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#349 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
 
unuselyriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: hiram ga
Posts: 1,568
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I do not like this new format at all wish it was back to the old one cause it is hard to find what you want it is not user friendly at all

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 
unuselyriver is offline  
#350 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 06:44 PM
 
monkeyscience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bismarck, ND
Posts: 2,227
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
In the forum index page double click next to (not on) the thread title. You should have the title text window open that allows you to edit. Give it a try and let me know if it's still not working for you.
Well, I never would have guessed that in a million years, but yes, it does work!
Harmony96 likes this.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
monkeyscience is online now  
#351 of 390 Old 06-16-2014, 09:11 PM
 
liladancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Napa, Ca
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Hi Kittymom. We haven't set any new restrictions on signatures so if there are any issues it is likely because some defalut platform setting needs to be adjusted, which we can certainly do.

Your signature looks intact to me. Are you seeing everything that you had there before?

We haven't had any other reports of signature issues that I am aware of so if someone else is having a problem please do let us know.
I too am having a hard time updating my ticker on my signature. It keeps telling me that only 500 charactors can be used. I am using less than 500. Please tell me what to do.. Thanks.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
liladancing is online now  
#352 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by liladancing View Post
I too am having a hard time updating my ticker on my signature. It keeps telling me that only 500 charactors can be used. I am using less than 500. Please tell me what to do.. Thanks.
Try now?

cynthia mosher is offline  
#353 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 06:36 AM
motheringadmin
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Cynthia,

I still can't edit my signature, and tomorrow my pregnancy ticker will be 3 weeks behind. I guess I could delete most of my smilies, but I would really rather not. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
I've increased the number of images allowed in your signature. Try it now.

KN Community Support
#354 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 07:38 AM
 
Kittymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 321
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motheringadmin View Post
I've increased the number of images allowed in your signature. Try it now.

KN Community Support

Thank you. Unfortunately, now I am getting this message, "Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup." I started to count, but it looks to me like my signature is way under 1,000 characters.

Getting closer, though?

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30***35****40
Kittymom is offline  
#355 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Administrator
 
verticalscope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
I think it is better to just make "Go Advanced" the full WYSIWYG because most people expect that. I would have never thought to go to my userCP to change the editor. Now what you have doen begs the question what is the difference between basic and advanced?

Advanced gives you a bigger editing box, and more controls like changing the cont size and color as well as attaching images to a post.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
The image limit issue in my signature is fixed for me. I am still unable to change my avatar, though.
Is it giving you an error when you try to change your avatar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I'm still waiting on my advertiser tag, even though I see around the board that others have theirs (whether they were never gone or they're new advertisers, I don't know. But I miss my tag and wouldn't want someone to report me for advertising "illegally" and have to deal with all of that).
Looks like its sorted. If you have other issues please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unuselyriver View Post
I do not like this new format at all wish it was back to the old one cause it is hard to find what you want it is not user friendly at all
If you need help with anything you can send me a pm, I am happy to help.
verticalscope is online now  
#356 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 10:07 AM
 
Sihaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In a brand new place all over again
Posts: 2,995
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
Is it giving you an error when you try to change your avatar?
The message I get says "Unable to save image" It doesn't say error anywhere, just "vBulletin Message" The message is the same whether I try to upload the picture from my computer or from a hosting website.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sihaya is offline  
#357 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Administrator
 
verticalscope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you. Unfortunately, now I am getting this message, "Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup." I started to count, but it looks to me like my signature is way under 1,000 characters.

Getting closer, though?
Kind of. I looked into your profile. Including the code lines for all your smilies in your signature you have 1701 characters in your signature. It looks as though you may need to consider removing some of the pictures unfortunately. Perhaps the doubles for instance.

Sorry for the trouble

KN Community Support



Hello!
verticalscope is online now  
#358 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 11:41 AM
Administrator
 
verticalscope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 235
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
The message I get says "Unable to save image" It doesn't say error anywhere, just "vBulletin Message" The message is the same whether I try to upload the picture from my computer or from a hosting website.
I reported this to one of the techs today. I will pm you my email address if you like I can try to manually change your avatar for you.

-Philip



Hello!
verticalscope is online now  
#359 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Administrator
 
cynthia mosher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Arabia!
Posts: 38,889
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom View Post
Thank you. Unfortunately, now I am getting this message, "Your signature cannot be longer than 1000 characters including BB code markup." I started to count, but it looks to me like my signature is way under 1,000 characters.

Getting closer, though?
Kittymom, please try to edit your signature now and see if it will let you place it in full.

cynthia mosher is offline  
#360 of 390 Old 06-17-2014, 04:07 PM
 
liladancing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Napa, Ca
Posts: 192
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Try now?
Thank you. It works now. How did you fix it? Thanks so much.

Madara rest in peace9/24/2013 
liladancing is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off