Forum Jump: 
 175Likes

#181 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
I'll be back at a console shortly and I'll lift your super high, sorry about that.

Mark
No worries! I suspect your hands are pretty full at the moment.
HappyHappyMommy likes this.

#182 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Right-click spell check = Yes, I'm a cheap date. I really resented that issue with Huddler. I'm really pleased you chose to go back to vBulletin.

But, yeah, the signature needs a little adjusting. The spinning globe looks like it's part of my post.
adinal likes this.

Someone moved my effing cheese.

Last edited by journeymom; 05-31-2014 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Because I always, always think of more later.
#183 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Most of the links in the site help sticky just go to the main forum page on both mobile and desktop.

Site Help
#184 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springshowers View Post
Most of the links in the site help sticky just go to the main forum page on both mobile and desktop.

Site Help
These should now be fixed.

Mark
#185 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post
No worries! I suspect your hands are pretty full at the moment.
@QueenOfTheMeadow that should do it, try now? I set yours super duper high.

Mark
#186 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Changing informations about subscriptions and emails sent is in control panel, edit options.

Be careful though the mobile version only shows a small percentage of the options. You need to switch to desktop.

Strange enough when I went in my time zone had be reset to western Europe. This is the second time I have had to change it back.
#187 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubelin View Post
where can we turn off notifications?? I do not want to get an email every time someone quotes me in the forums. can't find anything in the UserCP
Okay, this is in a weird place.
UserCP
Then in the left hand menu bar go down to User Tagging.
Click on Settings.
At the bottom if the list of those options are the four email options. You can turn of emails for tagging, quoting, mention and hashtags.

Edited to add: I'm using desktop on my phone to get to those options. I didn't try in Mobile.

Edit the second: I can't find that option in mobile, so you will need to switch to desktop view to change that setting.

Last edited by adinal; 05-31-2014 at 10:49 AM.
#188 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
@QueenOfTheMeadow that should do it, try now? I set yours super duper high.

Mark
Awesome! Thank you!
verticalscope likes this.

#189 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adinal View Post
Okay, this is in a weird place.
UserCP
Then in the left hand menu bar go down to User Tagging.
Click on Settings.
At the bottom if the list of those options are the four email options. You can turn of emails for tagging, quoting, mention and hashtags.

Edited to add: I'm using desktop on my phone to get to those options. I didn't try in Mobile.

Edit the second: I can't find that option in mobile, so you will need to switch to desktop view to change that setting.

ooh, that is horrid, imnsho. Everything is preset as being enabled and you have to click to disable every single one to have it back to anything close to what we had with Huddler =P

Don't remember that from the old Vbulletin - ain't progress grand =(

Robin~ single, work-at-home momma to my WonderBoys
YoungMan (6/00) & LittleBoy (6/04)
#190 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLStar View Post
i would think that, at minimum, making the DDC's tolerable to look at would be one of the urgent things! Things like subscription and signature display issues in the DDCs could be lower in the list, but the way they look is just so awful, I'm scared they're just going to die off DDCs are one of the most active areas of mothering, with some members posting there exclusively, or joining MDC just to join a DDC. If they look this bad for any extended amount of time, I'd fear MDC losing a lot of traffic.
Quick update here, I'm working with the admins with some ideas to improve this. I realize that's vague right now, but we're testing some imports to try and make this more functional. I'll share more when we have more info, but we hear you, and we'll get the DDC to a state that you're proud to use.

Mark
#191 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springshowers View Post
The Forum menu works for me again.
The first level drop down on desktop should now be working. If you hover over Forums, when on desktop, you will see the first level of forums. Hopefully that helps reduce the number of steps to get to the content you want to read and participate in. We'll see about making it go as deep as the Huddler Forums tab did, but at least this should be a step in the right direction.

Note that when using the desktop view from your mobile device, you won't see that hover, it will only show you a Forums button that you can click to refresh the forums view.

Mark
#192 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS JEFF View Post
Active Posts does just shows post like it is titled, not forums.

You are able to subscribe to forums and sub forums. See attachment below.
Forums are now displayed on the Active Topics page, in the very right column.

Mark
#193 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeymom View Post
Right-click spell check = Yes, I'm a cheap date. I really resented that issue with Huddler. I'm really pleased you chose to go back to vBulletin.

I know, me too! I know it's a personal user thing but I prefer vBulletin.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#194 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 01:10 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
First, the Tools button does nothing.
Second, I am on this site multiple times a day, almost always from my phone. Before the change, I was able to stay logged in, now I have to log back in any time I refresh the page. Is there a way to fix that?
OrmEmbar likes this.

SAHM (32)  Married to a bearded hunk (28) , DS  11/00, DD  06/09, two  in 2013,the final piece to our puzzle   is due 12/14
#195 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmariev View Post
First, the Tools button does nothing.
Second, I am on this site multiple times a day, almost always from my phone. Before the change, I was able to stay logged in, now I have to log back in any time I refresh the page. Is there a way to fix that?
@dmariev I'm guessing you are using the desktop view from mobile? Both issues sound like it - can you give me your mobile device type (iphone, etc) and browser you are using?

Mark
#196 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSilver View Post
Argh!

Still not happy with the forum subscriptions.

If we can subscribe to forums (I see my subscriptions are intact) what's the point of subscribing if there is no way of viewing the subscribed forums?

If I could go to a "Forums" page and have it list only the forums I've subscribed to, I'd be thrilled. But on "Mothering forums" I can only collapse the parent forums. So, If I want "Unschooling", I have to keep the entire parent forum. Maybe I just want "WA, OR and ID" but to keep that I need to look at every forum in that group.

Why is it designed so I can subscribe to a forum, but, unlike subscribing to threads, I cannot *use* that subscription in any way? I don't like scrolling down the long list of forums. I want a place where I have my subscriptions and *only* my subscriptions listed in a way that I can navigate to and from that page. We can subscribe, but where can we see those?

And anywhere you can include a link to a forum alongside a thread would be appreciated. Listing a thread but not its forum is frustrating. Why do it in some places but not others?

Navigating this new system is frustrating. I feel like I'm suddenly blind and have to keep starting over from the beginning to find my way anywhere.

@SweetSilver I've added a Forum Subscriptions button in the desktop view. It is designed to show you any threads updated in the past 30 days against your forum subscription list, up to 50 results. Let me know if that does what you're looking for.

Mark
#197 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
@friederike This should now be fixed. Can you re-test?

Mark
Yes, it is working. Thank you very much.
verticalscope likes this.

#198 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ugh! Why can I not find a place to see the recent thread coversations? On the old homepage I wwould scroll down to the bottom and read them. Hitting the more button to download more of them and keep reading new ones.. This is bad. Please fix this or I will have no use for this website.
#199 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
@katelove , I've enabled your subscription options in your UserCP so that anything you post will now end up in your subscription list. For those who want to also turn it on, you go here:
http://www.mothering.com/forum/profi...do=editoptions

You then change the dropdown that says Default Thread Subscription Mode, and select what behaviour you want for your user.

Regarding the Tools bar, I added it to the Desktop version, were you desktop or mobile? The top Tools dropdown is next to Child in the navigation bar at the top of the page. Let me know if you can find it or not.

Mark
Oh, thank you. That's very kind of you.

Sorry, I'm on an iPhone. I should have posted to the other thread. My mistake :-(
#200 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Can please someone acknowledge my request??
I repost: I still cannot see the DDC threads I'm suscribed to, in the Subscriptions list.
Sihaya and dmariev like this.
#201 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anablis View Post
I repost: I still cannot see the DDC threads I'm suscribed to, in the Subscriptions list.

Hi there! I know that the DDCs are one of the highest priorities right now, and that the issues are being worked on.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#202 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmoma View Post
Ugh! Why can I not find a place to see the recent thread coversations? On the old homepage I wwould scroll down to the bottom and read them. Hitting the more button to download more of them and keep reading new ones.. This is bad. Please fix this or I will have no use for this website.

Are you talking about the big green box that used to be at the very bottom of the screen that showed recent activity, recent articles and recent reviews?

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#203 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anablis View Post
@anablis - we're looking into it. The subscriptions were not exported during the Huddler conversion so we are looking at how to get them in for you. We'll let you know once it's resolved.

Mark
#204 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 03:04 PM

Is there a way to indicate who started the thread?? That was such a helpful feature & made conversations so much clearer

BTW, since I'm being a squeaky wheel this week, I also want to thank you so much for addressing these concerns. After being here for so long and valuing my Mothering communities so much, I'm always afraid of what tech/software changes will do to the community (since often people will bail if they can't navigate the way they're used to) and it's very comforting to get the reminder that all of you are concerned about keeping us together, too =)

#205 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there a way to indicate who started the thread?? That was such a helpful feature & made conversations so much clearer

@rubelin I can't access the old platform right now, where was that previously located? How did that feature work on the Huddler side?

I normally wouldn't ask we have access to a back-end maintenance area but that area is down, so I can't compare the features.

Mark
#206 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 04:04 PM

Can't recall exactly what it looked like (don't have any screenshots of the old site) but I believe it was written in the shaded bar above each post next to the username. The shaded bar was a different color for the thread starter as well.

#207 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Can't recall exactly what it looked like (don't have any screenshots of the old site) but I believe it was written in the shaded bar above each post next to the username. The shaded bar was a different color for the thread starter as well.
Thanks - what I see on the other Huddler sites is THREAD STARTER next to the date/time of a user if they are the thread starter.

I'll ask the Huddler team what else was different there so we get it as close to what they had as possible.

Mark
rubelin and HappyHappyMommy like this.
#208 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Yep. That was basically it. It was just for identification of who began the thread. It was nice for long threads.

#209 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Will we eventually be able to navigate the "Forums" and "Due Date Clubs" by hovering over them the way you can with the Pregnancy, Baby, Toddler, etc.? I really like being able to navigate that way instead of having to click on it.
#210 of 390 Old 05-31-2014, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
BTW, the site is better today than it was yesterday. It's nice to say the changes coming along quickly.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page