Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

Old 05-31-2014, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacvioletiris View Post
Speaking of private messages I am up to 8 now but there is still nothing new present.
I have 3 this morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Quote:
Love having the "thread subscriptions" button in the menu now. Can you add the number of unread threads in parenthesis at the end like private messages?

Speaking of private messages I am up to 8 now but there is still nothing new present.
@lilacvioletiris when you click on the private messages, does it say you have mentions or anything else?

Mark
Old 05-31-2014, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Replying so I can see this in my subscribed threads. Not seeing a way to just subscribe without replying on the mobile site.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
@lilacvioletiris when you click on the private messages, does it say you have mentions or anything else?

Mark
No, although now the number in the parentheses is down to 4.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
No, although now the number in the parentheses is down to 4.
I had an opportunity to use the desktop version on my laptop. On the top it says "Your Notifications: 4" and when I clicked that link it says I have 3 new mentions and 1 new post quote but on the mobile version that drop down menu isn't there to show me anything. On mobile it just says "private messages (4) " but when I click on the menu option on my mobile phone, nothing is shown.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn612 View Post
#1 ) I hate having to scroll all the way to the top to get to the menu.

2) New posts in my subscriptions aren't marked for me to notice.

3) pictures are all distorted

4) I can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Thats all so far
same here! I can't stand all the extra work, even replying here is not easy like it should be, I can't muti quote, you simply can't see the thread!

the mobil is just as awful as the regular, I tried to do several things on the mobil site and simply they don't work!

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

Old 05-31-2014, 06:07 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
When I click on the menu button and the page "slides over" to show the menu, I feel like I should be able to just swipe the site content back over to the left to close the menu, but that's not working for me.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'd like to see post numbers on the mobile site, as well as moderator/administrator labels (can't think of the right term.) I know some of the mods, but there are a ton I don't.

Also, there needs to be a way to report spam and inappropriate posts.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This might be remarkably dense but I can't figure out how to start a new thread in a forum.

Also, when I'm typing a reply and go back a page to check something in the thread my text gets lost, before it didn't. (This is before I hit the reply button)

I'm having all the same mobile issues as everyone else, thanks for figuring it out, I don't envy the person doing this job.
Old 05-31-2014, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Sorry if I repeat. No time to read through all the posts.

1. I miss not staying logged on. I seem to have to login each new visit.

2. I miss my little red notifications symbol for my subscriptions that used to say how many new postings I had on subscribed threads.

3. when I typed in mothering.com.....it used to automatically send me to the page that lists all my subscriptions. One click. One less dataplan usage amount. Now it seems I have to go through a couple of screens to get to my subscriptions page. It used to be the first page I see.

4. I can't see the option to "like" a post.

My biggest request....make it so I don't have to go through as many steps to get to the subscriptions page (this would apply to mobile and desktop version).
Old 06-01-2014, 04:36 AM

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
On iPhone. When I click to read a blocked users post it opens another window with the thread, but post still blocked.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpenglow View Post
Sorry if I repeat. No time to read through all the posts.

1. I miss not staying logged on. I seem to have to login each new visit.

2. I miss my little red notifications symbol for my subscriptions that used to say how many new postings I had on subscribed threads.

3. when I typed in mothering.com.....it used to automatically send me to the page that lists all my subscriptions. One click. One less dataplan usage amount. Now it seems I have to go through a couple of screens to get to my subscriptions page. It used to be the first page I see.

4. I can't see the option to "like" a post.

My biggest request....make it so I don't have to go through as many steps to get to the subscriptions page (this would apply to mobile and desktop version).
Click menu on your mobile phone at the top, and in the menu is a link "thread subscriptions" which should take care of your biggest request.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I also can't get the taptalk or what ever it is banner to go away. It covers the menu button and renders the site useless
Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Where are you seeing the banner, at the top of the site?

Hello!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:02 AM

I saw it and there was an x to close it. I can't remember where it showed up
Old 06-01-2014, 09:05 AM

When I touch menu, it drops down and indicates I have new private messages (which I don't).
Old 06-01-2014, 04:40 PM

I can't get rid of the tappatalk banner either. There is a x to close it but nothing happens when you click it. I'm on an iPhone and my browser is Dolphin if that matters.

A couple of other things:

1. When I click on a thread in New Posts I read it and then use the back button on my browser to go back to New Posts. But it takes me back to the top of the page not to wherever I was on the list. Could that be changed please?

2. Is it possible to see a preview of the most recent post in a thread as well as the first post? Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Administrator

I've disabled the tapatalk banner. Hopefully that resolves it for you.

Mark

Hello!
Old 06-01-2014, 04:57 PM

On my subscriptions on my mobile, it shows a preview of the first post and who posted it. It used to show a little preview (one line?) of the most recent post and who posted it. Is there a setting to restore this?

Safari is the browser if that helps.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have not seen any changes. Can someone at least tell me how to:

Start a new thread in a DDC?

Post a photo in a thread?

I'm using an iphone.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:04 AM

Somebody previously requested that the function whereby you click on a thread and get taken to the first new post since your last visit be reinstated. It seems to only be working intermittently for me. It worked when I clicked on this thread just now but not in the last 3-4 I read in "New Posts".

I'm on an iPhone using Dolphin.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
This has been mentioned multiple times but is not being addressed: it is not possible to post a new thread in a social group from the mobile format. It has been DAYS and this is really the most basic function there is. How can this not be a higher priority?

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
This has been mentioned multiple times but is not being addressed: it is not possible to post a new thread in a social group from the mobile format. It has been DAYS and this is really the most basic function there is. How can this not be a higher priority?
@Sihaya We are working on the DDC as a whole, not in parts, which includes potentially moving the DDC into proper forums. If that happens, then you will be able to do everything you can within the DDC on mobile, in Tapatalk and on the desktop. It's very high priority, and the actual function of posting mobile to DDC is tied to that initiative.

I've been doing my best to keep everyone up to date on progress, and applying fixes as we get them ready, and I will keep you posted on the DDC side once we have it sorted.

Mark
Old 06-02-2014, 09:02 AM

My questions are not getting answered and activity here seems to be down. Some please HELP!

How do I start a new thread (mobile in DDC & Forums)?

How to I upload a photo (from my iphone anywhere while using mobile)?

Even in forums it takes me to the OP when I click on a thread I have read part of. The only place I get taken the the first new post I haven't read are the 2 threads about the conversion and that's it!

Can anyone please help me with this? Is it just not possible to do any of these things right now??
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 AM
Administrator

@lineuponline You should be able to create, reply and view threads in the mobile version (web) and in Tapatalk without any issues. What happens when you try and view or reply thread outside of DDC, do you get an error?

You cannot, however, use the DDC in Tapatalk and the mobile version based on user reports. We're working on the DDC side and hope to have updates on this soon.

Mark
Old 06-02-2014, 09:08 AM

There's a New Thread button at the top of each forum's main page. You can't post a picture from the mobile site.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polliwog View Post
There's a New Thread button at the top of each forum's main page. You can't post a picture from the mobile site.
You can post a picture using the Tapatalk app, though.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:20 AM

@verticalscope
I am a very basic user which may be why I am having such a hard time. I don't know what tapatalk is and I don't have it. I would upload a screen shot and show you what I see but I CANT LOAD PHOTOS FROM MY IPHONE.
I rarely start threads anywhere but DDC. I found the start thread button just now in a random forum. WHERE IS THAT BUTTON IN MY DDC?

I have no idea how to quite either but I don't understand your last paragraph at all! Can you please explain it more simply? Again I don't know what tapatalk is? Are you saying right now I CANT start a new thread in DDC?

What about photos? I can't find a way to post them in forums or DDC.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:26 AM

Tapatalk is an app.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineuponline View Post
@verticalscope
I am a very basic user which may be why I am having such a hard time. I don't know what tapatalk is and I don't have it. I would upload a screen shot and show you what I see but I CANT LOAD PHOTOS FROM MY IPHONE.
I rarely start threads anywhere but DDC. I found the start thread button just now in a random forum. WHERE IS THAT BUTTON IN MY DDC?

I have no idea how to quite either but I don't understand your last paragraph at all! Can you please explain it more simply? Again I don't know what tapatalk is? Are you saying right now I CANT start a new thread in DDC?

What about photos? I can't find a way to post them in forums or DDC.
@lineuponline Sorry, didn't mean to confuse you. Tapatalk is an app for your phone. I can send you a private message with the installation details. It would only allow you to interact with the forum, as Tapatalk doesn't work on the DDC.

As it stands the only way to post in the DDC is to use the desktop version. When you visit the site, at the very bottom there's an option to view the site using the desktop view. It's unfortunately not ideal.

We're working on a solution for the DDC. I have involved Huddler as it's way it was exported that is unfortunately making this part difficult to use, and we're working on a solution. VS's engineers were working on it on the weekend, and we have a sample sent to the admins/mods to look at to see if what we did is good enough for the community.

Mark

User Tag List
Xerxella