Mobile Site Feedback Thread - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 34Likes

Old 06-02-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
My biggest outstanding concerns are:

1) the lack of a "breadcrumb" feature. Clicking "back" isn't as ideal because it's not a refreshed version of the page, and I hate having to go to the main menu all the time just to get back to the forum I was just in. I would also like to be able to forum jump from any thread.

2) no visual indication that I have unread posts in my subscribed threads, without actually going into menu >> subscriptions. There used to be a big red number.

3) when I click on subscribed threads (or just threads I've read part of), sometimes (rarely) it takes me to the first unread post as it should, but more often it either takes me to the first post, or the top of the last page of posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
When reading individual posts or looking at a list of new posts-is there any way to tell which forum it's in? Makes a difference in an appropriate response...
Old 06-02-2014, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
I'm not having any issues getting to the first unread post at this point. Seems to work every time for me. I'm using the default Android browser. Also, YAY to threads with new replies being bolded now.

Issues others have mentioned I would also like to see resolved:

-Don't show I have unread PMs if it's really only notifications

-Show the number of subscribed threads with new replies in the side menu

-Make picture posting possible

-The "up" button should take you to the top of the page, in my opinion. A button to take you to the forum should have the name of the forum or something similar.

I had a love/hate relationship with the ever-present toolbar on the old mobile version, but there really should be a faster way of accessing it. If it was swipe-outable from the side, that might be nice.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Hello all,

If you are having issues on Mobile please try the free TapaTalk App for mobile viewing. It will solve many of the problems you guys are experiencing while we work on the others. We activated it to give you guys another mobile option.

Please see this thread for details on how to download:
Tapatalk for Mobile

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
VerticalScope.com
Old 06-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Something I just noticed, as I finally had a chance to get back on the desktop version...apparently signatures don't post (even to the desktop version) when you reply on mobile, even if it's your default to include signatures.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone please tell me how to find the groups list? I have tried everything. I think.

I'm on an iPhone (with tapatalk) and the only I've been able to get to group is to use the desktop setting on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yurt livin mama with three free range wild things 11/05, 10/07, and a wee new squish 7/13, and one two three four five little angels. Knitting junkie, sewing obsessed. Falls asleep to the sound of coyotes singing.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Hey guys,

I have let our tech team know about the signature issue, thank you for letting be know about it. Wrenmoon when you are on Taptalk do you see the menu option on the very top left side of the screen, the three little lines. Press that an that will give you more options, go to threads, welcome mothering, connect with other moms and then you will see groups

I also noticed that the search function is not functioning and I have let our tech team know about that issue as well.

Thank you all so much for your patience

~ GP community support
Old 06-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I cannot post anything on threads. I'm on my laptop. I don't like the new mobile version at all! I just want to be able to post and reply on threads and haven't been able to.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2Merrell View Post
I cannot post anything on threads. I'm on my laptop. I don't like the new mobile version at all! I just want to be able to post and reply on threads and haven't been able to.
@Momma2Merrell

Can you try the TapaTalk free mobile App?

Please see this thread for details on how to download:
http://www.mothering.com/forum/2-sit...l#post17651978

Jeff

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
VerticalScope.com
Old 06-08-2014, 08:00 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
MDC really needs have "breadcrumb trail" added to help determine where new posts are located. For example, red dot "title" (# replies) in forum/subforum last post by username. I think it is needed in the desktop version as well.
Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM

One of my subscribed threads (~ Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ May chat) keeps showing up bold, as if there are new unread posts, but there are not. This has happened to me several times, mostly with this thread, occasionally with others. This despite not using the back button to go back to my thread subscriptions. Other threads I read at the same time correctly show there are no new posts.

ETA: Android phone, built in browser
Old 06-09-2014, 02:25 PM

Oh, and I noticed that the "Up" button has been changed to reflect the name of the forum you'd be navigating to. Yay! Much more helpful that way!
Old 06-09-2014, 04:15 PM

I haven't downloaded Tapatalk yet. Can the site admins, or someone who has Tapatalk, answer a couple of questions for me before I download it? I don't want to install it only to find that it doesn't remedy my concerns.

Will the app make it so I can tell which forum I'm in if I open a thread from New Posts? (And, preferably, show me which forum each "New Post" is in even before I click on it?)

Will the app make it so that, after reading a thread, I can navigate back to the forum in one click without using the "back" button on my browser?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

Will the app make it so I can tell which forum I'm in if I open a thread from New Posts? (And, preferably, show me which forum each "New Post" is in even before I click on it?)
I use tapatalk, and yes, when you are in the timeline function, it lists the forum that the post is a member of so you can tell if you really want to reply to it or not. I haven't seen that yet on the mobile version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabean View Post

Will the app make it so that, after reading a thread, I can navigate back to the forum in one click without using the "back" button on my browser?
Tapatalk is a separate app and I can get back to the main forum with with a click.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 AM

Thank you @lilacvioletiris ! I will give it a try.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I know the team is working hard to get things fixed but three annohing things are still around.
1. Have to scroll all the way up to see the menu

2. You have no idea what subforum posts are on while looking at the new posts page

3. When you hit the back bitton it doesn't take you back to where you were on the list before choosing a thread to read.

I tried taptalk and didn't like it any better.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2014, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
So tonight I couldn't get the site to load at all. I tried in dolphin, Apollo and Safari. They all just went to a white screen when I clicked on the MDC link. The web adders was in the address bar but that was it. Then, after a few hours, it loaded but loaded the desktop site not the mobile site. But, when I logged in it went to the mobile version.

The not loading/white screen has happened *many* times since the changeover but never for as long and never with the eventual loading of the desktop site.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Are you still experiencing issues?

~ GP community support
Old 06-11-2014, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
Are you still experiencing issues?

~ GP community support
Me?

This morning it loaded immediately in dolphin but loaded the desktop version until I'd logged in. I'm fine with that. It has always been an intermittent problem though, so I don't know if it's fixed or just working this morning. I'm happy to update in a few days.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
A few Mobile issues reported here: Just checking in!

Old 06-16-2014, 02:02 PM

THANK YOU for adding a forum link button to the bottom of threads!!! I was so happy today when I clicked on a new post and could actually figure out which forum it was in!

It'd be great to have a forum identifier at the top of each thread too, but this works and is a very welcome change. Thanks!!
Old 06-17-2014, 06:29 AM
Administrator

The mobile version now includes the # of unread thread subscriptions in the menu. We're continuing to make updates to it over the next few weeks and we'll keep you posted.

Mark
Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Mobile now also includes more info about the post - post #X of #Y , and some more information on the user when viewing a post in a thread. These are similar to how Huddler displayed info.

Mark
Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Administrator

The menu will stick at the top while scrolling on mobile now.

Mark

Hello!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:47 PM

So it does! I hadn't even noticed until I read this post. It doesn't do the weird hide/unhide thing the Huddler one did, so I like that.

New question: is there a way to subscribe to threads without replying to them?
Old 06-17-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
One of my subscribed threads (~ Expecting Our Rainbow Babies ~ May chat) keeps showing up bold, as if there are new unread posts, but there are not. This has happened to me several times, mostly with this thread, occasionally with others. This despite not using the back button to go back to my thread subscriptions. Other threads I read at the same time correctly show there are no new posts.

ETA: Android phone, built in browser
I'm still having this issue with this particular thread, and this thread only (among my subscribed threads, anyway - there is a thread or two in my DDC that show up as if there are new messages when I am in the forum, even though I've read the whole thing, but I'm not subscribed to those.)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Thanks so much for the menu following my scroll down the page!!

Any idea of when we can get a "like" and "flag" button on posts in the mobile version?
Old 06-17-2014, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Report this post is now a button on mobile. Our creative team will change it to an image at some point soon but wanted to get the functionality out to you all asap. I also added a subscribe/unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page next to reply if you want to subscribe or unsub from a thread.

Mark
Old 06-18-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks for the great changes! It is becoming much more user friendly.
But.....can we please have an edit button
Old 06-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn612 View Post
Thanks for the great changes! It is becoming much more user friendly.
But.....can we please have an edit button
Hmmm... I do have an edit button, and have for awhile. It's by the reply button on posts I've written.

Also, YAY for the subscribe/unsubscribe button, and the arrows that let you jump to the top and bottom of the page.

I'm happy to have the post numbers, too. However, I think having the additional user info (post count and join date) adds a bit too much clutter to the mobile version. That could just be me, though...what do others think?

User Tag List
Xerxella