34Likes

#151 of 171 Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
How is the conversion going? Any updates? I am still noticing some issues with the mobile version (iPhone/Dolphin).

- when I click on a thread it seems completely random whether I will be taken to the first post, the first new post or the top of the last page.

- still can't see what forum a thread is in without clicking on the thread and scrolling all the way to the bottom.

- no way of identifying the OP if they reply on a thread

- still confusing where the preview is from the OP but the user name is the most recent poster.

I know it's a long process and I appreciate that people are working hard.

Cheers
Kate
The drop on a post spot is a Safari/Dolphin issue that we're looking into.

Hello!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 171 Old 07-18-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalscope View Post
TS is added to the name of the thread starter in mobile. That one was simple so I just wanted to post an update. I will work on the rest now.

-Philip
Ah. That is slightly obscure (maybe an admin could add something about it to an FAQ list? @CynthiaMosher or @adinal ?), but should work. Yay!

As for the profile question, even though it wasn't directed to me... definitely I would like a link to the user's other posts. Possibly also a link specifically to threads started by that person, too. If it would be possible to include some of their profile information (about me stuff, signature), I would like that.

Glad to see improvements still being made. It's definitely come a long way since the beginning. What about adding a like button that goes along with the edit/reply/report buttons?

Also, I've been meaning to ask...what on earth is a trackback? There's an option to send trackbacks when you reply, but I don't know what that means.
#153 of 171 Old 07-18-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
Ah. That is slightly obscure (maybe an admin could add something about it to an FAQ list? @CynthiaMosher or @adinal ?), but should work. Yay!

As for the profile question, even though it wasn't directed to me... definitely I would like a link to the user's other posts. Possibly also a link specifically to threads started by that person, too. .
Yes. I'm pretty sure on the old platform you saw the profile info then scrolled down and saw a list of all their posts and then there was a button for "threads started".

Thank you for the updates, Verticalscope. I appreciate it.
#154 of 171 Old 07-18-2014, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

As for the profile question, even though it wasn't directed to me... definitely I would like a link to the user's other posts. Possibly also a link specifically to threads started by that person, too. If it would be possible to include some of their profile information (about me stuff, signature), I would like that.

Glad to see improvements still being made. It's definitely come a long way since the beginning. What about adding a like button that goes along with the edit/reply/report buttons?

Also, I've been meaning to ask...what on earth is a trackback? There's an option to send trackbacks when you reply, but I don't know what that means.
I honestly don't have an answer for you regarding trackbacks but I will ask.

The list of stuff to ad to the dropdown in a users profile is tough because on mobile your space is a little more limited but I will run this up the chain and see what I can negotiate for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post
Yes. I'm pretty sure on the old platform you saw the profile info then scrolled down and saw a list of all their posts and then there was a button for "threads started".

Thank you for the updates, Verticalscope. I appreciate it.
Added to the list.

Hello!
#155 of 171 Old 07-18-2014, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Find all post by user is now added. Thanks Mark!

-Philip
monkeyscience likes this.

Hello!
#156 of 171 Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I miss the "recognition" button. Akin to facebook's "like" button.
I don't really want to emulate FB, but something that can be clicked to say "Thanks for the post".
#157 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 AM

I'm posting to this thread because I'm having a problem that makes posting it elsewhere impossible! On both my mobile and desktop, if I try to click on a forum, it attempts to download a .vbs file instead of loading the page. I can go directly to my thread subscriptions and get to a thread from there, but any attempt to enter any general forum results in the download.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS

Last edited by monkeyscience; 07-23-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Trying to get tags to work
#158 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
same here
beckybird and kathymuggle like this.
#159 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 07:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I looked at MDC on my ipad this morning & I could get to the list of forums, but once I clicked on a subforum, it wasn't usable! There was a bunch of text in the top corner, the subforum heading was visible, but no threads, I couldn't click anything. I can take a picture & email it to someone but I don't know how to do much more with it.

Sus
beckybird likes this.

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
#160 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
I'm having the same problem as Monkeyscience.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#161 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 10:00 AM

Location: In the middle of nowhere, at the centre of everything.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Yes, having the same problem here, on iOS7 and on MacOsX using both Safari and Chrome. Bit of a mess.

Miranda

Mountain mama to three great kids and one great grown-up

#162 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Not a mobile issue but I can't see the forums when I click on them. This started last night and I have no idea what's going on. The only thing I can pull up is the main forum page. I can click on the posts in the recent discussions and reply there but that's it. Any other forum I try to go to I get a partial page and a download link that says:

Publisher: Unknown Publisher
Type: VBScript Script

Does anyone know what this is? I've already gone in and deleted my cookies. I also updated my Google Chrome browser. I did try to back up my computer to an earlier date afraid that I somehow had a virus but that didn't help either. I've tried looking around and every other website I go to is fine. Any idea what this is or how I can fix it?

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#163 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Ha! Okay I see now that everyone else is having the same problem. I guess maybe it wasn't just me.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#164 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 01:34 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Still not working, except for this thread. ? Strange! No other subforum will work for me, and I tried 2 different pc's, using both Chrome and Firefox.

"Medical propaganda ops are, in the long run, the most dangerous. They appear to be neutral. They wave no political banners. They claim to be science. For these reasons, they can accomplish the goals of overt fascism without arousing suspicion.” — Jon Rappoport

#165 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybird View Post
Still not working, except for this thread. ? Strange! No other subforum will work for me, and I tried 2 different pc's, using both Chrome and Firefox.
me either!

I can see an "announcement" but nothing happens when I click on it, I can see the views are going up but I can't see it, I have had other PMs (that seems to work) and others can also not see the sub sections or the announcements!

Could someone post what the "announcement" says so the rest of us know?
beckybird and samaxtics like this.

pro-transparency advocate

&

lurk.gif  PROUD member of the .3% club!

Want to join? Just ask me!

"You know, in my day we used to sit on our ass smoking Parliaments for nine months.

Today, you have one piece of Brie and everybody goes berserk."      ROTFLMAO.gif 

#166 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Ohhh...yes, I am curious what the announcment says as well!

No luck getting on - except on this thread - for the same reasons others have said.

I have tried mac and PC.

As an aside, the main vaccine forum seems to have poofed - although the subforums are there (not that I can post on them). I am going to flag this message if I can so a mod can read the last few entries and offer some insight.
beckybird and samaxtics like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 1 preteen and 2 teens (when did that happen?).  We travel, go to school, homeschool, live rurally, eat our veggies, spend too much time...

#167 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
When you click on the sub forums it downloads something but then when I try to open it, it says that I don't have an application for it.

beckybird likes this.
#168 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
where are the mods???
beckybird likes this.
#169 of 171 Old 07-23-2014, 11:50 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
We are aware of the problem. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

#170 of 171 Old 07-24-2014, 05:49 AM

It's working again now, at least on mobile.
#171 of 171 Old 07-25-2014, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm still unable to do any sort of search. When I type a word or phrase into the search box, it takes me to a screen with no results, but when I type the same word/phrase, along with "mothering" into Google, lots of hits on MDC come up.

Also, is there any way to filter the New Posts results to exclude forums that don't apply to us (DDCs, for example)? DDCs in particular are so active, but only applicable to a narrow group of posters, and I wish I didn't have to scroll past so many DDC results to find threads of interest. Especially since I can't tell that a thread is in a DDC from the New Posts screen, so often I'll click on an interesting-looking thread title, only to find out (AFTER scrolling all the way to the bottom!) that it's in a DDC. Frustrating!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List
Xerxella

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page