34Likes

#1 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Mobile Site Feedback Thread

Hello All,

Thanks again for all the get site feedback, however I would like to start a separate thread for the mobile feedback so we can address it more effectively. Please share DETAILED feedback with screen shots or how you would like to see things work. The more info the better so we can make sure your concerns are addressed.

Tagging other members who mentioned mobile issues:
@Polliwog
@Roise2727
@Lilacvioletris
@marilyn612
@primalmom
@OrmEmbar
@Springshowers
@lineuponline
@monkeyscience

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
adinal likes this.

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
VerticalScope.com
#2 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
thanks, will check things out tonight after baby is asleep

appreciate all the quick response to our feedback!
VS JEFF likes this.
#3 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
#1 ) I hate having to scroll all the way to the top to get to the menu.

2) New posts in my subscriptions aren't marked for me to notice.

3) pictures are all distorted

4) I can't figure out how to start a new thread.

Thats all so far
#4 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VS JEFF View Post
Hello All,

Thanks again for all the get site feedback, however I would like to start a separate thread for the mobile feedback so we can address it more effectively. Please share DETAILED feedback with screen shots or how you would like to see things work. The more info the better so we can make sure your concerns are addressed.

Tagging other members who mentioned mobile issues:
@Polliwog
@Roise2727
@Lilacvioletris
@marilyn612
@primalmom
@OrmEmbar
@Springshowers
@lineuponline
@monkeyscience

Thanks in advance,
Jeff
I'm not liking the changes. I appreciate all the trouble but it is a royal pain. I am not able to do half the things I once could do. Sorry
kewpie80 and VS JEFF like this.
#5 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
#6 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
If I could just figure out how to post pics from my phone I could "adapt" to these changes. TIA
kewpie80 likes this.
#7 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Thumbs down frustrated

Ditto. On the pics. Except on my phone it keeps switching from mobile to desktop and this seems to be the only place I can do anything!
#8 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
The new mobile site is much more difficult to use than the old one. Maybe if I can find how to do some of the thibgs I used to, it will be easier, not an improvement in my experience though.

- my subscriptions used to be top of the menu so you can flick between the forums that you follow without navigating through every forum

- no easy place to see when my forums have a new post

- moving back up the page from the bottom- edit- I've just found the button on the terms and conditions bar. Not very intuitive.

- you can't bold or tag people easily when writing a comment

- I am showing 2 private messages and when I click into my inbox I have no new messages??

- maybe just my phone but when I open a new forum I have to log in again.

Just a lot more clunky to use.
kewpie80 likes this.

Last edited by oxford; 05-30-2014 at 11:48 AM.
#9 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Can't figure out how to sign in to make posts with my mobile device. Seems like site design is a step back rather than forward.
kewpie80 likes this.
#10 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
First of all, your responsiveness is impressive. Thank you for taking our suggestions seriously and, in many cases, implementing changes quickly.

The two biggest challenges I'm noticing so far with the mobile site are:

1) When I click on a thread from New Posts, it doesn't say anywhere on the thread what forum it's from, and I can't visit that forum from the thread. Edit: Actually, I can't click through to the forum from any thread, it seems. I just tried to after posting this, but there's no button to take me back to Site Help.

2) In some threads, quote boxes aren't appearing around quotes, so it's difficult to tell where the quote ends and the new reply begins. Example: Lying about vaccine status

Last edited by limabean; 05-30-2014 at 12:33 PM.
#11 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I can't figure out how to post a picture at all from my mobile device.

I liked having the buttons at the top of my message box, so I could do things like pictures and @.

It doesn't seem to alert me anymore when threads I'm subscribed to have new posts.

I liked being able to scroll up and see other posts when I'm responding so I can address them.

What does track back mean?

Thanks for your responsiveness. Was there a problem with the old site that we needed this new site? It seemed to work fine to me.
kewpie80 likes this.
#12 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have many of the same concerns as others. I took several screen shots but can't even figure out how to post them!

The DDCs are a MESS! I want to stick this out. I love that group of women but it makes me sad every time I go look and nothing has improved. It's a jumbled mess. Please take some time to work on DDCs.

1) there needs to a buttons quick access to starting a new thread in a DDC.

2) the original post is what is shone it the paragraph under the thread title, should be the last post.

3) what are the red/orange dots before thread titles? What are the grey chevrons beside the dot or elsewhere? What are the seemly inactive arrows to the right of each thread?
4) when I click on a thread in my DDC it needs to take me to the newest unread post not the OP.
5) how do you post photos from our phone?? This one might actually be a deal breaker for me? Please fix ASAP.

Will be checking back.
#13 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Thanks all,

The developers are working on cleaning up the Mobile version currently. You should see these concerns addressed soon. Keep Calm and Post on, we will get it taken care of.

Jeff
HappyHappyMommy likes this.

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
VerticalScope.com
#14 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
The larger more spaced out text looks pretty but just means more scrolling.

I've had to log in every time I try to view the page (there is a blank box that may mean 'keep me logged in' but no words saying that.

All the editing options are gone; bold, link, add a photo, etc.

There's no save a draft button.

When you do locate a thread you subscribe to it no longer takes you to the latest post - you have to scroll.

The menu button should be accessible all the time (as before) oh and if the menu button could function as before great.

Although the 'like' button wasn't used a lot - it was how we flagged posts that needed moderating, we need it back for the girls that monitor the site.

And like the others I'd love to know when I need to check new posts.

Also the personal message system is very different - I need to use it more to work out if I like it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this - really it was great before.
kewpie80 likes this.
#15 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Would love access to smiles easy in mobile version ;-)
HappyHappyMommy likes this.
#16 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I don't like that in the list of threads in New Posts, it doesn't say which forum the thread is from. I ignore DDC posts since I can't reply to them, but if there's an interesting thread title I might click on it only to find out I can't participate. And sometimes I'll read through a thread from a niche forum like Multiples, but refrain from replying because I'm not part of that "tribe," so to speak. But now I have no idea which forum the threads are from when I'm viewing New Posts.

ETA: Also, I'd like to be able to navigate back to the forum with one click from within a thread. If I click through 5 or more pages of a thread, it's really annoying to have to either click "back" a bunch of times or go to the main menu and find the forum all over again.

Last edited by limabean; 05-30-2014 at 03:21 PM.
#17 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
[QUOTE=chuord;17643209
When you do locate a thread you subscribe to it no longer takes you to the latest post - you have to scroll.
[/QUOTE]

@chuord , on this one, there should be a grey arrow on the right side that takes you to the last post in that thread. Can you confirm if you see that?

Mark
#18 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
What's with the large font, big spaces between paragraphs, and the lack of a multi quote option? Also, is there a way to change the coloring?
#19 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
I am testing only in mobile and not confirming if the problem is in the desktop version too.

- in the menu my private message count is off. It looks like it is also adding unread subscriptions.

It takes way to long to scroll up to get to the menu.

The bread crumb is missing for the forums. Before I would read or post then use that to jump back to the forum.

This is just visual thing but I liked the clean green colors before. This pinky brown color is sort of off putting.

I see the ad on these pages:
Subscribed threads
Forums
User cp

But no ads on:
Reviews
Articles
Due date clubs

I am a supporter and had ads turned off before. There was the option to leave them on as well. I don't see this in the user control panel yet.

I logged in on the forum. When I navigate back out to the articles or due date clubs I show not logged in on the menu. When I go back to the forum I show logged in again.

More later I will post this first.

PS I have worked doing QA before. I wish I had more time to help.
#20 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
All my issues have been mentioned. I just wanted to say that I am an iPhone user too and I agree with all the issues being raised.

Oh, and somebody asked up thread about why the change. It wasn't a problem with the old site it's just that we've been sold again. Huddler doesn't own MDC anymore so we can't use their platform.
#21 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Actually, I don't think this has bed mentioned. Previously, at the bottom of every thread there was a button to click back to "New Posts" so you didn't have to click back through five pages to get there. It would be great to have that back please.
#22 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM

It would be nice to show a count for unread thread subscriptions like you do for private messages.

I really like the leaf favicon.

I like the format that shows how many replies ie (20 replies). It might be visually cluttered (or not) to add to that to say (20 replies, 4 new,)

Please excuse any typos. I am terrible typing on my phone. I love Swype but I go to fast for it.
#23 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:39 PM

When editing a post you have a button for save and one for delete. It really does completely delete your post. That functionality was not there before, I think it was just cancel. It makes sense you can just tap back but maybe that delete should be cancel.

EDIT: Delete has to go. If someone taps it by mistake you would lose a huge post with no confirmation. That is one of the worst feelings ever.

Last edited by Springshowers; 05-30-2014 at 06:46 PM.
#24 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
First, on mobile android, I now have 5 unread messages but when I click there, nothing appear to be new.
#25 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:40 PM

I like the font. I dislike Times but love Arial so it works for me. It is spread out really far though which makes reading it harder.
#26 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Second bread crumb trail to get back to different levels of the forum easily and to see where a thread is so I don't get involved in something that is out of my league.
#27 of 171 Old 05-30-2014, 06:43 PM

It would be nice to have this text placed under the terms of use button. I am sure it needs to be there but on a.mobile it is very cluttered and appears when writing a post. I would rather not look at it every time I post.