Do I really have to delete most of my signature? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Do I really have to delete most of my signature?

Hi,

For the last couple of weeks, I guess since the update, I have been unable to update the pregnancy ticker in my signature. My signature won't show up at all any more. Apparently we are now severely restricted in the number of smilies we can use?

This makes no sense since the proportional amount of resources smilies use these days is negligible. Why would they be limited to 4 now, and why make us change signatures we have had for a long time and into which we put thought and care? It seems like an arbitrary and, for some of us who don't want to delete our visual descriptors, upsetting restriction. I would expect things to go in the opposite direction with a modern website update.

Am I somehow doing something wrong?

Thank you.

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-12-2014, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittymom View Post
Hi,

For the last couple of weeks, I guess since the update, I have been unable to update the pregnancy ticker in my signature. My signature won't show up at all any more. Apparently we are now severely restricted in the number of smilies we can use?

This makes no sense since the proportional amount of resources smilies use these days is negligible. Why would they be limited to 4 now, and why make us change signatures we have had for a long time and into which we put thought and care? It seems like an arbitrary and, for some of us who don't want to delete our visual descriptors, upsetting restriction. I would expect things to go in the opposite direction with a modern website update.

Am I somehow doing something wrong?

Thank you.
I got the same message when I went to update my signature. There've been a lot of glitches in the conversion, but the team working on it has been pretty responsive (including increasing various limits--word counts, message boxes). I'd post your concern in the website conversion thread (Website Conversion - Please Read), since I know they're following that closely.

36, hoping to have a new member of the family in 2015, to join my queer clan: Me , Things 1&2 , my long-distance KD/cheerleader (the guy who's been telling everyone what a great mom I'm going to be) , and the rest of the superheroes and sidekicks .
#3 of 5 Old 06-12-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Thanks! Done.

Mom, , to DS(10), , , due November 3, 2014, and 4 's: 4/01, 7/01, 9/01, and 12/13. DP to .

****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****
#4 of 5 Old 06-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Reply here

#5 of 5 Old 08-23-2014, 10:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

SAHM to Shea-Shea (6-05) blahblah.gif and Ashie (8-09),fly-by-nursing1.gifwife to my college sweetheart. geek.gif veggie & birth doula treehugger.gif blogging.jpg

winner.jpg  nocirc.gif vbac.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif delayedvax.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page