Forum Title in Thread Subscriptions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2014, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Forum Title in Thread Subscriptions

Is there any chance we can have the forum title listed for individual threads in our subscriptions again? That's how I used to navigate through the forums I wanted to read, but now I have to click out to the individual forums on the main page in order to sift through everything to find the one I want. It's a PITA, so I've been coming here a lot less.

It seems like traffic is down, so this may be a reason why. It's just really convoluted to get around now.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2014, 10:44 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Let's check with @verticalscope !

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 07-10-2014, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Until this is addressed by our tech team (not sure how easy or difficult it is to do) you can see the forum the thread is in by hovering your mouse over the title of the thread in your Subscribed Threads list.

Attached Images
File Type: png sub.png (38.2 KB, 16 views)

Old 07-10-2014, 06:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
It would be nice to easily see what forum I'm in on the mobile version too if possible. It's hard to know if a response is appropriate without knowing if it's posted in, say, Learning at Home vs. Learning at School.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthia mosher View Post
Until this is addressed by our tech team (not sure how easy or difficult it is to do) you can see the forum the thread is in by hovering your mouse over the title of the thread in your Subscribed Threads list.

I generally know where all the threads are located already, the issue is more about having one-click navigation to get there, as opposed to having to go back to the main page and drill down.

Apartment Farm - the chronicles of my cooking, gardening, crafting and other such things. 

Old 07-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Administrator

You can use the Forum Jump feature on your Subscriptions page instead of going back to the main forum page. Alternatively you can use Forum Subscriptions instead of Thread Subscriptions. Forum subscriptions give you all new threads in the forums you are subscribed to as well as one click navigation to the forums.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

I've added some forum subscriptions for the meantime, but it's not a particularly elegant solution. Forum jump is annoying to use, so I'll probably continue to ignore that.

A major drawback of the forum subscriptions is that you can't order or sort how they display in your subscriptions - I'd like to see each forum grouped together, instead of grouping them by date posted.

Overall I find the site really convoluted to navigate through these days - you really have to dig to find what you want.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. We'll do our best to work on improving things.

User Tag List