Bad Reputation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2014, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bad Reputation

Hi! I tried using the "contact us" link a few days ago, but I haven't heard back. I haven't been using MDC since the website conversion, since I had a baby in June. However, I'm hoping to start being an active member again soon, but I notice when I post that my name has a red circle next to the "report" button. Does this mean I have a bad reputation? I got an infraction (not sure if that's the right word) about a year ago, because I didn't realize I wasn't allowed to link back to my personal site within a post. However, I haven't done that since I was told not to.

I'm just wondering what I need to do to be considered in good standing.

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Hi researchparent. I;m not sure what you're referring to. Can you take a screenshot of what you see and post it here so I can check it out?

Old 08-22-2014, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

Sure. I'm trying to attach a picture that shows my info and your info. At the bottom, next to the exclamation mark inside the triangle is a circle. Mine is red and yours is green. Some people have grey circles (which I assume is neutral), but I haven't noticed anyone else's looking red like mine.
Attached Images
File Type: png bad reputation.png (54.6 KB, 8 views)

SAHM of newborn boy, 2 year old girl, and 4 year old boy. Visit my website: http://researchparent.com
Old 08-22-2014, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm...it looks like my attachment didn't work. I'm going to try a different file type, but it's very possible I don't know how to include pictures.

Edited to Add: I guess it worked the first time after all. I think I just needed to refresh my screen for the attachment to show up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad reputation.jpg (51.8 KB, 7 views)

Old 08-25-2014, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Hi there! That red dot there just indicates online/offline status. AS you can see Cynthia's is gray. When folks are online they are green. I believe red might indicate something else? Perhaps you have your status set to invisible? Let's see what color mine is when I post.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 08-25-2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Yep, mine is green. Yours might appear red to you and admin, and gray to everyone else as you may have elected to appear offline? I'm not entirely sure. Check your settings and see if that is the case. It is not tied to reputation though, just online/offline status.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 08-25-2014, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, okay, awesome. Thanks! I don't really care about my visibility status. Just want to makes sure people don't think I'm a bad seed.

User Tag List