Friend blocked from TP - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am BANNED too

I do want to mention one thing. Some people like myself are fairly new to the AP concept and are on this board 2-4 hours a day reading the posts in every forum. Are we not enough of a member? I feel like since I am not at the same knowledge level as other people, I am being punished.

Yes, I am on the trading post a lot...let me see, I got a lot of cloth diapers, tons of wooden toys, and some great AP books. I also gave away a bunch of clothes to some mamas here in need. I also helped some mamas with some websites and graphics. I also contribute to the WAHM area, because I am one and I feel like I can help some of the mamas over there. But in no way, shape or form, am I only on this board to trade. I would not be on this board if I wanted to do that, you can get so much more money on ebay.

Again, I read the rules and knew them, but what could I do...should I have just posted to post to get my number up. I don't have questions, because I search and find the answers to them using the search feature. I know people say all the time we just discussed this a week ago. In most, if not all areas, I am not educated enough to post.

Also, just so I understand...the moderator was concerned about my activity on the TP board? that is why I was checked...so this is just a luck of the draw if you get checked? there could be some people who are still able to post on the TP board, but "technically" should not be able to.
#62 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyBaby
Also, just so I understand...the moderator was concerned about my activity on the TP board? that is why I was checked...so this is just a luck of the draw if you get checked? there could be some people who are still able to post on the TP board, but "technically" should not be able to.
I'm just the unlucky soul who was speeding along with everyone else on the highway, but the cop happened to pull me over, not the other guy doing 75 in a 45. :LOL Just my luck. Goes along with my flat tire on the interstate for over an hour wednesday night, with two screaming kids. Yeehaw.

Katina, Mom to Nathan 12/6/00 and Zachary 8/10/03
Rachel born still 9-19-09
#63 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:08 PM

Post count numbers alone are a poor way to judge contribution levels, IMO. If someone cuts-and-pastes the word "welcome" 50 times in the introduction forum, that carries the same weight as someone who thoroughly answers 50 questions in other forums...

Y'all who need extra posts: go to the Pleased to Meet You forum and or : on other posts in other forums.
#64 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:10 PM

Well, my questions aren't being answered. I would really like to know where these numbers are coming from.
#65 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:13 PM

can someone help me out here? i can't even do an advanced search to see how many tp posts i have. i can search all forums and see that i have 202 posts. i'm wondering if i'm blocked from searching the tp also. can someone do the advanced tp search for me and give me the number. thanks!
#66 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:15 PM

if you are banned you can not search the TP.
#67 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:17 PM

Would it be better to only count the threads started by each user on the TP? instead of counting all the bumps against us. That's just not fair. Everyone knows that tp moves faster than the speed of sound.

#68 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by binxsmom
can someone help me out here? i can't even do an advanced search to see how many tp posts i have. i can search all forums and see that i have 202 posts. i'm wondering if i'm blocked from searching the tp also. can someone do the advanced tp search for me and give me the number. thanks!
it came up as 60 on the tp and it's subforums
#69 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:27 PM

Binxsmom - Stephanie, I see your total TP area posts as 60 and your total MDC posts as 226 APprox 30% TP
#70 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:27 PM

I have another question...even if you advertise here or contribute money here, this could happen?
#71 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:27 PM

whoops too late
#72 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyBaby
I have another question...even if you advertise here or contribute money here, this could happen?
Absolutely, it happened to me.

#73 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesmommy126
Would it be better to only count the threads started by each user on the TP? instead of counting all the bumps against us. That's just not fair. Everyone knows that tp moves faster than the speed of sound.
That is a great idea Katina! CM, do you think that would work? I know as a regular user, non-mod I can search people's posts by threads they started on the TP. Do you think that would be a good solution?
#74 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:33 PM

not only the bumps but on a single thread you might answer questions or explain something or add items... I personally prefer to do all discussing of the items on teh thread rather than in PM's and I don't think that should be counted against a person. I think counting threads started by a person instead of total post count is a great idea.
#75 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow
not only the bumps but on a single thread you might answer questions or explain something or add items... I personally prefer to do all discussing of the items on teh thread rather than in PM's and I don't think that should be counted against a person. I think counting threads started by a person instead of total post count is a great idea.
Absolutely!! That isn't fair to count that against them either. :

#76 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:38 PM

*ahem* technically I mentioned that earlier so it's my idea, where's my credit? I'm already feeling icky....awww, I've been banned, I missed the kids team soccer pictures this morning, my house won't stay clean and aunt flo came to visit me.. what a day!!!
it shoulnd't count against us but I think CM is saying that it would be to much work to shift the counts.where'd she go anyway?
#77 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:40 PM

oh sorry Jeca, I didn't read this whole threa and I should have. I just jumped in when two of my friends were banned from the TP and had no idea (they thought they posted WAY more in diapering than the TP). what a day for you

I think CM may have gone to bed. She is on the other side of the world, I think...
#78 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:41 PM

I agree with the above posters. It is to hard to talk through PMs since we have limited storage space.

Katina: I am sorry that happened to you.

Lisa: Good suggestion, posting party anyone?...of course that is what I wanted to stay away from, the pointless posts. IMO, I would rather read and learn from people...then say hi just to get my posts up.
#79 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:43 PM

I just noticed we can have larger PM storage space 500 msgs!!! for I think it was $9 for 3 months? not bad http://www.mothering.com/discussions/subscriptions.php
#80 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:44 PM

nahh, I was reaching out for pity as i have had quite a day thus far. I'll be at the posting party.
#81 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 PM

Sorry Jeca. I somehow missed that, too. You deserve all the credit. Something definitely needs to be done. It's just not right to punish us for simply bumping up a post on the tp so it's not buried 8 pages back, or when we reply asking if something is available or whatever.

ILuvMyBaby-thanks, but that's life I guess.

Lisa-posting party is on!!

#82 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:45 PM

Candese you definitely have my pity I feel for ya mama! Sounds like a rough weekend so far!
#83 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:46 PM

Alls I know is I am shaking in my boots now.I have been having to sell a lot lately to pay bills , so I am bumping my posts several times a day.Also with a toddler running wild I am not able to post in other forums as much as I used to when he was less , um trouble :LOL

I don't want to be banned So those that are banned , how long are you banned for?
#84 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
I don't want to be banned
Your posts show (to me) 227 in the TP area and all its subforums so I think you are ok mama
#85 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSugarKane
Alls I know is I am shaking in my boots now.I have been having to sell a lot lately to pay bills , so I am bumping my posts several times a day.Also with a toddler running wild I am not able to post in other forums as much as I used to when he was less , um trouble :LOL

I don't want to be banned So those that are banned , how long are you banned for?
Until you can get your ratios back on track. I am afraid mine are so far out of whack I'll never recover, if the previous count the mod gave me is somehow correct. I don't believe it possibly can be though.

#86 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzarooni
I just noticed we can have larger PM storage space 500 msgs!!! for I think it was $9 for 3 months? not bad http://www.mothering.com/discussions/subscriptions.php?
Oh I am definetly going to have to get that!! I can never keep my box cleared.

Jamie , who is now posting things I used to just keep in my head in order to keep post count up outside of TP :
#87 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natesmommy126
Until you can get your ratios back on track. I am afraid mine are so far out of whack I'll never recover, if the previous count the mod gave me is somehow correct. I don't believe it possibly can be though.
For you I see 209 posts in TP and 62 threads started in TP
#88 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:55 PM

For future reference how does one check their balance? I haven't posted in TP, but I would like to know so when I start I don't meet doom.

Marie
#89 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:56 PM

Marie, click search on the top row, go to advanced search, put in your username, click the trading post at the bottom, search
#90 of 367 Old 09-25-2004, 05:57 PM

you all seems to be forgetting that you can not "view" your actual count. Not to alarm misssugarkane just trying to say be careful since no one here can view the actual count I believe.
I knwo I have done searches on myself before I was "banned" and have never had a post count as high as above.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page