What happened to... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-19-2002, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"I don't want to read spanking threads" in the gentle discipline forum?

I got a notice that there was a reply, and when I clicked on it I was denied access. Then when I went to the forum it was gone.
#2 of 7 Old 08-19-2002, 09:47 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
I removed it Carmen. Hopefully it will be back on the board soon. Just a minor editing issue.

#3 of 7 Old 08-21-2002, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Is it gone for good now?
#4 of 7 Old 08-24-2002, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry Cynthia-

I really don't want to be a bother about this but I am confused. Did I miss something? Did you post somewhere that this thread is gone now? Or are you still editing it? Or is it out there somewhere and I just can't find it?
#5 of 7 Old 08-24-2002, 01:57 PM
Administrator

We are awaiting the member who needs to edit to do so. As soon as she does I will return the thread to the board. I hope that will happen soon - today or tomorrow - as she has replied to our request. If it turns out that she decides to not edit the thread will stay off the board entirely as I prefer not to edit posts for members. Seeing as hers was the leading post it would be rather confusing to delete her post out and return the replies only.

I hope I'm not confusing you even more.

#6 of 7 Old 08-24-2002, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I have to admit that I am a bit more confused:

Is it that you (or the powers that be) can decide that something is innapropriately said and then ask a poster to edit something? If they don't then the post can just be removed?
#7 of 7 Old 08-27-2002, 07:40 AM
Administrator

When someone posts in a way that is offensive we try to contact them to work it out as quickly as possible. If there is no reply from the person within approximately 24 hours, we move it off the board to a private administrational board that is not visible to the public. In some cases we don't wait at all but rather move it off immediately. It all depends on the situation and what was said.

We usually leave a post explaining that the thread was removed and why. But we do forget to do so sometimes (as in the case of this thread).

If the person agrees to edit I give her/him access to that board so the editing can be done there and then I move it back to the board it was posted on. If the poster refuses to edit I will either delete out the post entirely, since we don't edit people's words for them unless directed to do so, or the thread will be left off the board, especially if the offenses are throughout a thread and some members refuse to correct the violations or if editing totally distorts the thread and leaves it incomprehensible.

The thread has been moved back to the Gentle Discipline board now. Thanks for your patience and if you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page