Forum Jump: 

Old 03-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
whew...gently ladies.
please.

my page will stay up. you cannot link to it here tho!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2005, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was going to reply. but I think Adina is ready for this thread to die. I know she's been greatly hurt today, and I don't want to further the tears she has cried today.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:53 PM

no one told you to "throw money at" anyone or anything. I know the only thing I had hoped, was maybe you would have used a little more tact and thought for others. This was not a thread about whether or not you think she'd be a fit mother, but a thread about whether or not the ad was appropriate for this board. Your comments were unnecessary.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
Old 03-09-2005, 11:59 PM

But she never discussed whether or not Adina would be a good mother. She said it was impossible for her to know whether or not Adina or anyone else here would be a good mother since she does not know them. Those are totally totally different statements. There was no discussion about the fitness of Adina as a parent at all. I think her point was actually the opposite of that because discussing whether or not she would be a fit parent would be pointless because at the end of the discussion she still doesn't know Adina how could she possibly judge her fitness? That's the whole point she doesn't judge her because she doesn't know her and giving money is judging her it's judging her as worthy of donation. And I'm not saying she isn't but that poster is just saying she doesn't know her so doesn't know. I think it's a gross twisting of her words to say she was judging anyone's fitness as a parent when in actuality she was expressing an inabilty to do that.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:00 AM
Banned

*rolls eyes and sighs*

Didn't say anything about being a fit or unfit Mother...at all....ever....in any way, shape or form...

There are many people in this world that I think are perfectly good parents that I don't agree with their "philosophies"....let me simplify considering some people don't seem to grasp what I was saying or trying to say.

My best friend is not a fan of co-sleeping. Do I think she is a good Mother? Yes, in almost every way...would I buy her a crib? No way, because I don't support that...

Same with Adina, well, especially worse because she is a stranger...(not about co-sleeping but general knowlege of her, her life, her philosophies etc)
I am sorry if that offends you SO darn much....

Similarly, I couldn't care less really whether you think my comments are necessary or not...this is an OPINION board and I am entitled to mine. People seemed to be so bewildered as to why everyone wasn't donating because Adina is so deserving and so wonderful and nice and helpfull, which I have no doubt is true. I simply offered a reason why I wasn't donating and maybe why others may not.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 AM

And just for the record I don't know any of the parties involved in this discussion. It seems that people are taking comments that were extremely general and imputing a lot of malicious intent to them.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:05 AM
Banned

we posted at the same time wasabi, my post wasn't directed at you...I think you explained it very well...
Old 03-10-2005, 12:06 AM

I just think why or why you wouldn't donate has no place in a thread about why an ad should be placed or not placed. Especially because you, yourself said that you thought it was okay the ad was there. I just think it was a touch insensitive to bring up parental fitness. Whether or not you feel she would or would not be fit has nothing to do with the whole thread. I just was stating it had no place here. If you want to start a thread that is talking about why you choose not to donate to something, then do it. Leave it out of here.

-=Johanna=-
  Mom to Marshall (06/00), wife to Brett, welcoming the new little one August 2014! joy.gif
Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
I think that this thread is over and done now. The only thing that is still being discussed is who said what when.

"Adina" is not an abstract concept - it is a person - so regardless of how well intentioned your defense/criticism of me is, it makes me very tired to be discussed like this.

Thank you for all your thoughtful discussion today.

This thread is now closed. If you have lingering issues regarding MDC's ad policy, please begin a new thread to discuss that issue. Do not begin a new thread to discuss my ad, as it will be taken down soon.

Thanks

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Old 03-10-2005, 12:08 AM

I'm just done with this. I feel like I'm beating a dead horse. I have dinner to finish...

-=Johanna=-

User Tag List