WAS - another plea...NOW -discussion about Diapering - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2005, 03:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it was a sincere question.

funny though.

you are sensitive to other people's feelings.

but now you ask for sensitivity in return?

tell me just exactly how does that work?

last I heard the golden rule was a recipricol agreement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 03:31 AM

A) Not all hyenas buy crap. Some hyenas research the WAHM they buy from, get to know her, buy only organic materials (and lots of it undyed) and make sure to only buy organic and humanely treated wool.

B) There seem to be a billion issues here. Some people are saying the forum split was for organization. Some say it was to get rid of the hyenas. Some say it was to hide the hyenas from potential CD'ers because we will scare them. What are the hyenas saying? Let us be.

C) Notice how we all got along great before the board split?

D) If a mama who owned six flats and had to wash several times a day posted on the diapering board, I guarantee you she would have an entire stash of diapers and wool in a few days. Faired to her. Some new. Some used. Some hyena. Some not.

E) You don't have to be rich to be a hyena. And not all hyena items are expensive. Well, compared to free they are but not everything is $30 for a diaper.

F) I think lots of things people do are not NFL (and they all post at MDC) but I don't try to point that out to them.

Mom to 4! Welcomed Aila Wren on Friday, February 25th!
Old 12-16-2005, 03:32 AM

When I ventured into Show$Tell, I was met with coldness and defensiveness. I was told I should be posting in the main forum because my diaper wasn't expensive enough, I was scoffed, and I was told I was being put on ignore. I did not post in an antagonisitc manner at all.
There is something terribly wrong if that is allowed to go on with nary a call for kindness from any regular poster there.

This is an issue of classism and consumerism. I don't mind if someone wants to spend a tonne of money on diapers and lie to their spouse about it and show off their purchases. But there absolutely needs to be some openness and variey in that part of the diapering boards. The attitude is not condusive to a community-like atmosphere, which in turn, makes it the antithesis to natural family living.

If you post a stash of 60 custom diapers and someone says it makes them feel uncomfortable. Why not extend some graciousness and compassion? Why respond with attacks and defensiveness? I don't get it.

On one hand, many hyenas say they want the boards mixed again, but on the other hand say they don't want people posting frugal diapers in the Show and Tell section. That is really confusing to me. It makes me both gald, and sad that the board is split.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:33 AM

AND.....

more importantly you completely overlooked/ignored the two important questions:

Quote:
Why? If you are citing environmental reasons you should know that the fabric dying process is one of the most toxic for the earth. 1000s of anything isn't good. Especially if it is sitting in an armoire somewhere without use.
Also, please expand your thoughts concerning overconsumerism. As a NFL site, that question is not out of order.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents
it was a sincere question.

funny though.

you are sensitive to other people's feelings.

but now you ask for sensitivity in return?

tell me just exactly how does that work?

last I heard the golden rule was a recipricol agreement.
What are you talking about?

How has been disrespectful to you in this thread???

Either way......your comment was ABSOLUTELY out of line. Do you have any clue waht a comment like that feels like to someone who is desperate to be a mama???

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-16-2005, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyferrettoes
And what I'm saying is that refraining from posting a pic of someone's hand-dyed, rhinestone-encrusted, organic alpaca fleece stash of 120 dipes falls under the category of "common sense and decency."

I'm not winning any NFL Mama of the Year awards over here, but that sort of thing just completely sets off my "yuck" alarm. The entire freakin point of CDing is conservation for NFL folks, NOT showing off your 10th set of longies.
I have converted a lot of people with my diamond encrusted diapers.

Not everyone want to CD with prefolds and plastic pants. That is why most people DON'T CD. When I show them my stash, it shows them there are options.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
A) Not all hyenas buy crap. Some hyenas research the WAHM they buy from, get to know her, buy only organic materials (and lots of it undyed) and make sure to only buy organic and humanely treated wool.

B) There seem to be a billion issues here. Some people are saying the forum split was for organization. Some say it was to get rid of the hyenas. Some say it was to hide the hyenas from potential CD'ers because we will scare them. What are the hyenas saying? Let us be.

C) Notice how we all got along great before the board split?

D) If a mama who owned six flats and had to wash several times a day posted on the diapering board, I guarantee you she would have an entire stash of diapers and wool in a few days. Faired to her. Some new. Some used. Some hyena. Some not.

E) You don't have to be rich to be a hyena. And not all hyena items are expensive. Well, compared to free they are but not everything is $30 for a diaper.

F) I think lots of things people do are not NFL (and they all post at MDC) but I don't try to point that out to them.

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-16-2005, 03:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
So don't open the photo link
I generally don't; first because the whole Diapering forum was so completely unhelpful that I just stayed outta there, period. And the board split makes it easier to go into Diapering WITHOUT feeling like I've just walked into a suburban mall.

So I'm here to oppose the "reunification" of the board. There is no way in heck that the seriously hyena stuff is consistent with NFL, and the board was never a unified place in the first place for those of us with no desire to spend our life savings on diapers.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 AM

Quote:
How has been disrespectful to you in this thread???

Being mindful of other people's feelings. Not just mine. If you have failed to see the level of disrespect than I can't explain it.

Quote:
Either way......your comment was ABSOLUTELY out of line. Do you have any clue waht a comment like that feels like to someone who is desperate to be a mama???

My comment was not out of line. She CDs at daycare. Makes sense now. And yes infertility brings a host of uncomfortable feelings, and I am sorry about that, but it WAS a legitimate question.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama
When I ventured into Show$Tell, I was met with coldness and defensiveness. I was told I should be posting in the main forum because my diaper wasn't expensive enough, I was scoffed, and I was told I was being put on ignore. I did not post in an antagonisitc manner at all.
There is something terribly wrong if that is allowed to go on with nary a call for kindness from any regular poster there.

When was this? Can you name the specific instance? I can't imagine anyone at MDC, or in Diapering, saying "you have to post in regular Diapering because your diaper didn't cost enough." That's ridiculous.

But, I can't help but notice your freudian slip up there. It's *THAT* kind of underhandedness that gets to people, OK? That right there.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajama

This is an issue of classism and consumerism. I don't mind if someone wants to spend a tonne of money on diapers and lie to their spouse about it and show off their purchases. But there absolutely needs to be some openness and variey in that part of the diapering boards. The attitude is not condusive to a community-like atmosphere, which in turn, makes it the antithesis to natural family living.

If you post a stash of 60 custom diapers and someone says it makes them feel uncomfortable. Why not extend some graciousness and compassion? Why respond with attacks and defensiveness? I don't get it.

On one hand, many hyenas say they want the boards mixed again, but on the other hand say they don't want people posting frugal diapers in the Show and Tell section. That is really confusing to me. It makes me both gald, and sad that the board is split.
Really. Someone told you you had to post elsewhere because your diaper wasn't expensive enough? Um no... you need to stop taking things personally.

And holy crow, make assumptions much? You don't care if we spend a ton of money and lie to our spouses about it? Cuz yeah, we all lie to our spouses so we can sneak more diapers into the home.

Your thread got out of hand, yes. But it was EVERYONE involved, including you.

Quote:
: Totally off topic here, but have you added up what percentage of your posts are just smilies? Just wondering.

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1

If she's not taking into account other peoples feelings, why should anyone take hers into account?

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averymybaby
Last post, I swear!

But understand that some people feel they were *purposely* relegated to the subforum, though they didn't feel that they should be relegated to one or the other either. Yes?
This goes back to the 'choices' mamas have that have been discussed. My opinion is that if mamas choose to only post certain topics, then they are relegating THEMSELVES to a forum. This goes for myself, as well. If I only posted questions and how to's, I'd be relegating myself to the forum that hosts that, the main forum. But, instead, I now go to S&T and view stashes, read about stockings, and reply when I can. It's my choice to visit both forums and not get relegated to just one. The split didn't destroy my ability to make choices, nor anyone else's ability to make their own. YK?

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
: Totally off topic here, but have you added up what percentage of your posts are just smilies? Just wondering.
she like them talk about OFF THE TOPIC you cant get her on anything else so you get her on the smilies.......good one!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 AM

Quote:

My comment was not out of line. She CDs at daycare. Makes sense now. And yes infertility brings a host of uncomfortable feelings, and I am sorry about that, but it WAS a legitimate question.
I still think that it was insensative and apology is due.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug
she like them talk about OFF THE TOPIC you cant get her on anything else so you get her on the smilies.......good one!

You know, there was a contest so she'd stop posting just smilies.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:42 AM

Quote:
I still think that it was insensative and apology is due.

Who are you now, the thought police?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug
Excuse me? Wth are you talking about?

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatulagirl
Someone told you you had to post elsewhere because your diaper wasn't expensive enough? Um no... you need to stop taking things personally.

Actually, nearly verbatim she was met with :
"The S&T forum is for hyena diapers, prefolds and such belong in the main forum."

I can't post the actual quote, it's against the UA.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn

Too busy posting smilies to stop and count :

Easy ladies... please don't let good discussion get shut down over smilies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiarayne
And she won a AB smilie all her own.

Did that ever get placed? (I know WAY OT!)

Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
Actually, nearly verbatim she was met with :
"The S&T forum is for hyena diapers, prefold and such belong in the main forum."

I can't post the actual quote, it's against the UA.

I think we might need to ask for a special exception to revisit this.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:44 AM

Quote:
It was a week long bet .....and I succeeded!

Was suppose to get an AngelBee smilie as a prize

Old 12-16-2005, 03:45 AM

Quote:
If she's not taking into account other peoples feelings, why should anyone take hers into account?
She was.

Two wrongs don't make a right anyway.

Old 12-16-2005, 03:46 AM

ot but thats sad that you never got it
Old 12-16-2005, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Being mindful of other people's feelings. Not just mine. If you have failed to see the level of disrespect than I can't explain it.

support can be given in many way even if the person has kids or not! you need to stop you were and still are out of line!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have not clue what i feel so dont act like you do

Old 12-16-2005, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Who are you now, the thought police?
Nope.....just reminding her to be sensative to others situations.

I would do the same if someone was insensative to you.

User Tag List