WAS - another plea...NOW -discussion about Diapering - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee
Do you use cloth?
Wondering what that had to do with the price of peas in Texas...

It's lonely being the only XX in a house of XYs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie
What size shoe do you wear? :
7.5 : You?

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:10 AM

Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
i dont even have a kids. but, all the cd that i like are the spendy ones. this is the same thing is making my neighbors with better cars then mine. park them in the garage or where the cant be seen. because they are better then mine! this is dumb everyone CD there own way. may it be you spend 200.00 per CD or .50per CD get over it!

Much love
Kelly

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pynki
Wondering what that had to do with the price of peas in Texas...
I was trying to get a feel for where she was coming from with her post about WAHMS and how that is still supporting big corps and such...

I took it kinda anti cloth at first...

Mama to 9 so far:Mother of Joey (20), Dominick (13), Abigail (11), Angelo (8), Mylee (6), Delainey (3), Colton (2) and Baby 8 and Baby 9 coming sometime in July 2013.   If evolution were true, mothers would have three arms!

Quote:
7.5 : You?
ME TOO!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:11 AM

Sorry, taking a perfectly good conversation off track with a Census is strictly disallowed. Ethan Rom has left the building already.

To offtopic posting, too.

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullofgrace
Sorry, taking a perfectly good conversation off track with a census is strictly disallowed. Ethan Rom has left the building already.

My bad- I thought we had progressed to the "interrogate eightyferretoes" portion of the evening.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Old 12-16-2005, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Sorry, taking a perfectly good conversation off track with a census is strictly disallowed. Ethan Rom has left the building already.

Annettemarie started it...

Old 12-16-2005, 02:14 AM

Quote:
My bad- I thought we had progressed to the "interrogate eightyferretoes" portion of the evening.
From here on out, I'm sticking to name, rank, and serial number. Do yer worst!
Old 12-16-2005, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Now, now. We can't interrogate someone on their diapering credentials simply because they made their points eloquently and without attacking anyone. (love that guy!)

Wife of 1. Mom of 3. Conquering disability challenges, one achievement at a time.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:16 AM

Quote:

We are all debating in the name of poop catchers
art angelbee. art. did you miss that memo?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmama
art angelbee. art. did you miss that memo?
Sorry :

Ok.....pretty artful poop catchers!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug
...get over it!

Much love
Kelly
How is it that those two sentences are even in the same post? People are upset and unhappy for good reasons. It's not very nice of you to come in and tell them to just "get over it" and then say "much love". Maybe we all DON'T want to get over it. Maybe we want it resolved instead. If it's not bothering you, then why does it matter to you?

Mom to Dakota (6), Coy, (4), Max, (4), Lily (4), and Auri (June 19th 2010)!
Visit Lily's site at www.caringbridge.org/visit/lilymathis1
Old 12-16-2005, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
How is it that those two sentences are even in the same post? People are upset and unhappy for good reasons. It's not very nice of you to come in and tell them to just "get over it" and then say "much love". Maybe we all DON'T want to get over it. Maybe we want it resolved instead. If it's not bothering you, then why does it matter to you?
it matters in a way that it is really sad that some mammas are in competiton with eachother. get over the cost and lets support eachother in our CD'ing

Old 12-16-2005, 02:27 AM

Most of the issue isn't even about the cost. We've already determined that you can be crazy buying prefolds or crazy buying fitteds, that doesn't matter. What matters is the attitude towards each other. There were some very rude posts to non-hyena people, myself included.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:29 AM

Quote:
What matters is the attitude towards each other.
DING DING DING!!!

And that is what is being discussed and worked out here. Not cost.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Most of the issue isn't even about the cost. We've already determined that you can be crazy buying prefolds or crazy buying fitteds, that doesn't matter. What matters is the attitude towards each other. There were some very rude posts to non-hyena people, myself included.
And rude posts towards the hyena mamas as well.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:33 AM

Quote:
How about the hyenas realize that the entire subculture of "looky what I got" can be pretty dang hurtful in its own way?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyferrettoes
I also wanted to add that, while I live in a house that is probably 3 times the square footage of some of the city-living mamas or the poorer mamas here, I would NEVER EVER decide to post pics of it and say, "How perfect a house is this for my perfect baby to grow up in!" and expect a flurry of "Oh how wonderful!"

And I CERTAINLY would not get all happy about how "I am living in the top tier of the real estate industry" and expect nobody at MDC to say two words about how rude it was of me to to say that.

Because not all of us are fortunate like that. Why on earth would I deliberately flaunt my cash (or my husband's cash ) in the faces of other women in tougher circumstances?

I think this misjudges the intentions of members who post about their babies' diapers. I don't believe people post pics of their babies' diapers to flaunt their wealth. That's not giving us much credit. There are people worse and better off than me, it's a given. I don't take it personally every time I see a post about something I couldn't possibly do or afford. It's a diapering forum and people are bound to talk about their diapers.

Mama to 13, and 10 and 4.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:35 AM

Quote:
:

Old 12-16-2005, 02:37 AM

Quote:
How about the hyenas realize that the entire subculture of "looky what I got" can be pretty dang hurtful in its own way?
we all should just have pride in what we have. be happy that you CD'ing. some people show pride in diff. ways.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanone
I think this misjudges the intentions of members who post about their babies' diapers. I don't believe people post pics of their babies' diapers to flaunt their wealth. That's not giving us much credit.
Look, I really do understand that. You're excited to have snagged whatever the hyena prey of the day is and want to show it off to your buds.

But if I posted pics of my house and property and said, "But I don't MEEEEEAN to make you guys feel like poverty-stricken crap" would my intentions even matter? It's still got that whole exclusionary "my baby deserves better stuff than yours" vibe to it.

IMO.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:38 AM

Quote:
I am sorry if you have felt hurt by other mamas showing off there stash.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanone
I think this misjudges the intentions of members who post about their babies' diapers. I don't believe people post pics of their babies' diapers to flaunt their wealth. That's not giving us much credit. There are people worse and better off than me, it's a given. I don't take it personally every time I see a post about something I couldn't possibly do or afford. It's a diapering forum and people are bound to talk about their diapers.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:40 AM

i like to see peoples stash. i makes me say ohhhhh how cute

Old 12-16-2005, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Look, I really do understand that. You're excited to have snagged whatever the hyena prey of the day is and want to show it off to your buds.

But if I posted pics of my house and property and said, "But I don't MEEEEEAN to make you guys feel like poverty-stricken crap" would my intentions even matter? It's still got that whole exclusionary "my baby deserves better stuff than yours" vibe to it.

IMO.
You have choices.

Learn to knit. Sew some cute fluff. Embellish your prefolds or dye em

It does not have to cost alot to be adorable

Old 12-16-2005, 02:46 AM

Quote:
And by showy pictures being in their own forum now, the stash pictures are that much easier to find.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:46 AM

Quote:
You have choices.

Learn to knit. Sew some cute fluff. Embellish your prefolds or dye em

It does not have to cost alot to be adorable
You know what? You're right-- however, THAT is not what I'm seeing over in Hyena-Land-- I'm seeing people going on and on about 100 dollar dipes or posting photos with endless arrays of pricey machine-embroidered covers.

I think that diapering CAN be NFL, but it can also be grossly consumeristic. And a lot of the time here, it is pretty gross in the consumerism department. Just like handbags can be NFL, or they can be status symbols in a consumer culture.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:47 AM

Quote:
And by showy pictures being in their own forum now, the stash pictures are that much easier to find.
yeah, but i still like it the old way!

Old 12-16-2005, 02:47 AM

Quote:
So, because you say "how cute", it doesn't matter that others are getting hurt?

User Tag List