Upgrade Questions and Issues - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

#331 of 339 Old 03-05-2006, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDiaperinMama
ETA: The forum jump is gone too! What is the world coming to?
Once again - I find my self agreeing with HDM !

Canadian mom to Boo (Aug '02), Bug (Aug '04) and Bear (Dec '06).
Jesse (July '09)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 339 Old 03-05-2006, 07:54 PM

I was just coming to ask what happened to the Forum Jump???
#333 of 339 Old 03-05-2006, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaBear
Once again - I find my self agreeing with HDM !

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#334 of 339 Old 03-05-2006, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2emerson
:

Mama to : '05, '08, '10 and expecting our 3rd homebirth.jpgJanuary '13

#335 of 339 Old 03-06-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2emerson
I was afraid I was the only one ... you don't realize how much you like something 'til it's gone.

PS: Thank you Cynthia for everything you are doing!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#336 of 339 Old 03-06-2006, 02:29 AM

Did the ads just disappear??? I was browsing around and I could've SWORN I had ads... then suddenly, it looked different... no ads.
#337 of 339 Old 03-06-2006, 03:11 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=momma2emerson]I was just coming to ask what happened to the Forum Jump???[/QUOTE

yeah, that! :
#338 of 339 Old 03-06-2006, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamadawg
Ok...I have a question. Is the "New Thread" button at the bottom of every thread new? I dont' remember seeing it before. I almost started a new thread when I was replying to something. Luckily it wouldn't let me because I didn't have a subject. Phew.
Is this just my senile mama brain or is that new?
We had it before the software upgrade. So though it wasn't there last week, because it is a modification of the default, it is there now. And I've switched their places to avoid confusion.

Quote:
Just curious Wondering if there's going to be more down time and "check back later" messages.
It all depends on how well the optimization balances things out. If it doesn't do well then we will certainly need to upgrade our server asap.

Quote:
First let me say that I love 90% of the new changes and appreciate the patience of those who have facilitated it! Thank you!

Quote:
It has been a problem from time to time. But we certainly don't want to make it a negative experience. Do you really feel (all of you discussing this issue) that it will cause a drop in feedback?

Well, I came and searched this thread specifically because of this issue.

Feedback is a total PITA now. I am 100% less likely to leave feedback now.

If there was a way that when I went to submit feedback that I could easily find the thread, or if I could leave feedback via the thread and have it fill that field in automatically, or we could just absorb the fact that not everyone is scrupulous and find a way to deal with that... it would make TP much, much easier.

I find the TP to be somewhat difficult anyway; I am accustomed to Ebay where you can pull up a page and see all of your transactions for which you have feedback to leave. I realize that the way our TP works, this wouldn't work, but I find the TP here to be a bit cumbersome.

For me, making the URL optional and definitely removing the requirement for additional information would make TP functional for me! Thanks!
Actually there is a featured to make it "Ebay-like". I'm not sure exactly what it provides but I can have a look. As for the URL I'll look at that also and see what we can do.

Quote:
I was curious today when I signed on and didn't see all the online users listed at the bottom of the screen. I always used that as a shortcut, I just click my name and find the threads I posted on to see if there are any new posts. It was faster for me than subscribing to everything or seaching by my user name (b/c that doesn't index the posts the same clear way).
Is there another way to do this quickly?
I disable that feature when the load on the server is heavy. It is a server intensive feature so when the boards are highly trafficed it helps to remove things like that and forumjump. Just temporary measures.

I'm not sure I understand your shortcut method though. Doesn't clicking on your username in the Online Users screen take you to your profile? If so and that's the link you want then here it is:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions/member.php?u=27416
Bookmark that in your browser and you'll always have it handy.

New Thread and Reply buttons have been switched.

Quote:
I notice that in the Lavender and Sage skin you can automatically see a user's itrader rating, this is not available in any other skin, will this be adjusted for those of us who are not L & S lovers?
Also (this is more of a suggestion) if we ever have to go through something like this again it maybe a good idea to put updates/known issues in the OP so people are not constantly searching a 20+ page thread to see if there question has been asked. Just an idea.
Great job putting humpty back together.
That skin is a test skin. There was some complaint about the bulky box under the username that that particular modification placed. So I pulled it pending modification that simply places the iTrader rating only and only in posts in specific forums rather than every forum. Still to come.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's certainly something that should be done but the whole server issue is complicating things so that such should-do's are shelved as we handle other things. But I will try to do that later today in some manner.

Quote:
but whats with the big ugly box under each name? It seems a bit bulky and awkward. (ok, ok, I just hate change, but still...) I find it visually distracting myself.
Change to the other Lavender & Sage, further down the menu. If you see that box then you are in the test forum for that color.

Forumjump will return! It's just disabled to ease the load on the server. Temporary stopgap sorta kinda thing.

#339 of 339 Old 03-06-2006, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
This thread is closed. Please see this thread for discussion of the latest known issues and resolutions and for posting whatever issues you may have found.

Thanks!! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page