Naked ladies on the pregnancy forums ad page - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 05-06-2006, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't mind the ad page that you see when you jump to the "I'm Pregnant" forums. I would like to see a different graphic on the Maternity and Nursingwear banner, though. I have no problem with the pregnant body, and no problem with breastfeeding in public (I do it everywhere), and I feel the graphics are very tasteful and appropriate, BUT....

I check this thing at work a lot. And I have had a couple of people comment on it when they saw that flash across the screen, that they thought I might be visiting some other kind of site.

I don't know if there is anything to do about it, or if I'm the only person who's run into this, but I would like to see another graphic on that page, just so I'm not afraid to check it in public.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Banned

I think the pix should stay. They are lovely and tasteful. However, if you must go the that forum at work and the pix are an issue, use the forum jump feature at the bottom right of the screen. You can hop right to pregnancy or your due date month and completely avoid the photos. Always do it that way and it should be no issue.

Or, you could just tell your coworkers to lighten up.
#3 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 05:00 PM

I'm not totally sure but I think paid memberships don't have the ads. HTH
#4 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I think the pix should stay. They are lovely and tasteful. However, if you must go the that forum at work and the pix are an issue, use the forum jump feature at the bottom right of the screen. You can hop right to pregnancy or your due date month and completely avoid the photos. Always do it that way and it should be no issue.
#5 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensleeves
I'm not totally sure but I think paid memberships don't have the ads. HTH
I am pretty sure she is referring to the banner at the top of the page, not an ad.
#6 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 07:40 PM

Plus the jump menus don't always function when we all want to be on MDC at once.
#7 of 27 Old 05-09-2006, 08:21 PM

You could always book mark the pages you want to go to that skips the pregnancy forum ad page. I know a lot of people who do that, it would be one time to go through the ad page and then once you get to the main page or your DDC page, you just bookmark it so you go straight to those and skip the ads.

I agree, they are tasteful and -despite my siggy- DH thinks they are too, he just has a sense of humor...

I like them, but I can see how some people might think it is something else, it's partially how DH came to his comment (see siggy) because at first glance when he was walking by he had to do a double take and asked me about it. He thought they showed far more than they did and at second glance he looked closer and saw that they are tasteful. But yes, for people walking quickly by a cubicle, it can be percieved as something lass tasteful if they are not used to seeing that type of pictoral shots.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#8 of 27 Old 05-10-2006, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boongirl

oO(Somewhat alarmed at the realisation that in America it is "accepted" that people spend work time looking at forums LOL! )
#9 of 27 Old 05-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
You can also disable images in your browser so they do not display at times you feel someone may be looking over your shoulder and offended or alarmed by such an image.

#10 of 27 Old 05-16-2006, 06:12 PM

I just viewed the page personally. While I dont think they are actually Inapropriate or anything.... I must ask: WHY does she have to be NAKED?? And, also who actually breastfeeds buck-naked??
#11 of 27 Old 05-16-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
I just viewed the page personally. While I dont think they are actually Inapropriate or anything.... I must ask: WHY does she have to be NAKED?? And, also who actually breastfeeds buck-naked??
Actually, I did before my milk came in My breasts were bigger than my head (literaly) and NOTHING fit. I just walked around in nothing but a sling and ds
#12 of 27 Old 05-16-2006, 07:32 PM

I did to! I was GARGANTUAN when my milk came in. If I wore a bra AND a shirt I had indents in my boobs from where the pressure was just too much. Plus being a newbie it was too hard to wrestle with clothing at first.

Plus...I'm a fan of being nekkid.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#13 of 27 Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 PM

I walked around topless a lot with purple stuff on my nipples. Our bedroom was upstairs, had no curtains, and could only be seen into from an unstairs bedroom in a house across the back lawn. They always kept their curtains closed and didn't appear to use their upstairs. So we had not bothered with curtains. Sunshine is a great thing.

After about two topless weeks, I noticed for the first time in the two years that we lived there, that their curtains were open.

We got curtains.

Amanda Rose, author, Rebuild From Depression: A Nutrient Guide. Don't miss this opportunity to build a business telling friends about probiotic foods and grass fed meats: Beyond Organic Review.

#14 of 27 Old 05-27-2006, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Mom
My breasts were bigger than my head
Jacque I will always always love you, and sometimes I suddenly remember why
#15 of 27 Old 05-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonee
Jacque I will always always love you, and sometimes I suddenly remember why
I knew you only loved me for

#16 of 27 Old 05-28-2006, 06:07 AM

:
#17 of 27 Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 PM

Another naked-lovin' mama here. I think naked mamas are great.

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#18 of 27 Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 PM

I used to breastfeed naked all the time - for at least a couple of hours per day. My older son would have a nap in my bed - in summer he'd strip off naked because it was hot, and in winter he'd strip off naked to soak up the sunshine that shines through the window onto DH's side of the bed where he liked to nap. The baby would sometimes have nappy on and I'd leave my underpants on, but it was perfect for skin to skin time. We'd all snooze together, with the baby suckling whenever he felt like it.

Aaah, the memories. The oldest one has a foot the size of mine now, and the youngest has brought new meaning to the word 'attitude'.

But I'm firmly in the 'love seeing naked women' camp
#19 of 27 Old 05-31-2006, 09:37 PM

I see nothing wrong with the pics. IMO if it causes problems at work then you shouldn't be using the internet at work for personal reasons.
#20 of 27 Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieMF
I see nothing wrong with the pics. IMO if it causes problems at work then you shouldn't be using the internet at work for personal reasons.
Exactly.
#21 of 27 Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caloli
I used to breastfeed naked all the time - for at least a couple of hours per day. My older son would have a nap in my bed - in summer he'd strip off naked because it was hot, and in winter he'd strip off naked to soak up the sunshine that shines through the window onto DH's side of the bed where he liked to nap. The baby would sometimes have nappy on and I'd leave my underpants on, but it was perfect for skin to skin time. We'd all snooze together, with the baby suckling whenever he felt like it.
Sounds like a wonderful bed to be in. FWIW, my DS is a naked lovin' boy. It drives DH crazy but we don't care!

, , , mama to Ross , Reagan (8/29/05), Joshua (from Haiti...here NOW due to the earthquake!), and Elijah , born safely 9-8-09.
#22 of 27 Old 06-01-2006, 09:29 AM

Aw, thanks Amy!
#23 of 27 Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Doula
And, also who actually breastfeeds buck-naked??
I do well did and can't wait to again
#24 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I just had a thought about this: they're naked because they're in need of the matertiny/nursing wear advertised on that page!
#25 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale Force
I walked around topless a lot with purple stuff on my nipples. Our bedroom was upstairs, had no curtains, and could only be seen into from an unstairs bedroom in a house across the back lawn. They always kept their curtains closed and didn't appear to use their upstairs. So we had not bothered with curtains. Sunshine is a great thing.

After about two topless weeks, I noticed for the first time in the two years that we lived there, that their curtains were open.

We got curtains.
:
#26 of 27 Old 06-02-2006, 05:28 PM

Oh my goodness, LOL, it's so HOT, the MOMENT I get in the house I strip! I am always walking around with nothing but my undies on. So, yeah, I nurse pretty close to naked!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#27 of 27 Old 06-06-2006, 05:06 PM

Some people have jobs where being "there" is part of the job even when there isn't a specific task to be done. For instance, I worked in a computer lab in college--I had to be there, but it was explicitly stated that I could do my homework, surf the internet, etc. while on duty, as long as I was available to answer questions if anybody had one.

Also, what if somebody is using MDC in a library? I would not want other patrons to get up in arms because they thought they saw more out of the corner of their eye than was actually there to see.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page