Manifesting a Law of Attraction forum on MDC! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 317 Old 01-03-2007, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionTigerBear View Post
If there is an LOA/manifesting/focused intention forum, won't it need a moderator?

I thought I remembered that other forums/subforums that were popularly requested (like the multi-cultural family forum) have been put off because of a lack of moderation excuse me, I mean a lack of moderators.

So I am wondering if that's an issue here at all.
I was wondering myself if it would be easier for MDC if somebody stood up to be mods. I know there are lots of very active people in the threads that would happily take on the position!

Barb
#122 of 317 Old 01-03-2007, 02:21 AM

I PMed Ms. Mom earlier this week volunteering to be a mod and listed a few forums I would be interested in modding if there was a desire for it. It was PRIOR to me finding this stuff.

Ms. Mom- I'll be more than happy to be a mod if this was made a subforum. Along with my volunteering for any of the other forums I mentioned.

GREAT MOM to dd (5) and )ds( [sept 26 2006]
#123 of 317 Old 01-03-2007, 06:13 PM

What a wonderful idea! I really hope to see a LOA forum soon here on MDC.
#124 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccohenou View Post
Why would there be a specific forum for this religious belief, but not others? I could point up hundreds and hundreds of threads about Christianity of various stripes, or Judaism, etc... I'd wager in a month the cycle will turn over and the composition of a day's discussion on the spirituality forum will look completely different.
The law of attraction isn't a religious belief... So I dont see how this arguement could apply?
#125 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPJJJ View Post
The law of attraction isn't a religious belief... So I dont see how this arguement could apply?
It's Spiritual Belief for many. It ties in with many religions. So I can see where they come from.

#126 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meant2beamom View Post
I'm not sure about that. Most people are not just being introduced to Christianity or Judaism, etc. when they come to MDC, as is the case for so many of the readers of these threads. Personally, I don't know anybody in real life to whom I can talk about these ideas, and I bet it's that way for many others here.

And because the Law of Attraction is a part of so many religions, I think the number of threads will grow. It's already happening, because people have a need to discuss this stuff NOW, and can't or don't want to wait to see if there's going to be a forum (if they even know that it's a possibility).

Barb

I agree.

I am somewhat new around here. I've actually been in and out for years, but never really felt "home" - until I found the Law of Attraction threads. That has been my main focus in life over the past several months, so I was thrilled to stumble upon it. (I'm sure it was the Law of Attraction at work, of course. )

I've tried jumping in on a couple of the threads, but feel completely lost because no one knows me here. I know I'd feel much more comfortable contibuting on a forum dedicated to LoA.
#127 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 01:55 PM

i would love a Secret sub-forum, also!

ETA i see how it ties into different religions...and view it as part of spirituality. it goes along with "ask and you shall recieve, reap and you shal sow" from the bible. As a Baha'i I beleieve in the intercconectedness of all religions, so i am certain there are syaings from other faiths that go along with the ideas discussed in the context of the Secret. In fact, that would be a great thread in the LOA subforum: quotes and discussion of how many faiths describe this phenomenon.
#128 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 02:27 PM

i vote for a sub-forum.
#129 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcents View Post
i vote for a sub-forum.
I'm signing this petition too.

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#130 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animus_silvae View Post
I'm signing this petition too.
Hey! I thought you were on MDC grounding!

tsk tsk :

Breaking your own restriction.

#131 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 08:01 PM

LOA is a forum (or subforum) I would love to frequent! Just wanted to add another voice to the choir!

Personal growth is where I first heard of the Secret and LoA and I've been developing my interest in it ever since!

Czen
#132 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 PM

I would love for this to be a PG subforum so as not to have to venture into spirituality.

Homesteading, unschooling mama of three.
#133 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 08:40 PM

but this is a spiritual practice for many of us Niamh.
#134 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 PM

Quote:
But for many it isn't- hence why PG would be better.

Lemmie try this analogy-

All squares have four sides. But not all rectangles are squares.

LoA is personal growth for all who practice. But not all LoA practicer's have spiritual connotation.

#135 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 09:06 PM

When we have our lovely sub-forum, I am visualizing a sticky that is FAQs so that new folks can find answers to their questions easily and jump right in. I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over on the main Secret thread (which is over 70 pages now!) so I think this will be good.
#136 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zannalyn View Post
When we have our lovely sub-forum, I am visualizing a sticky that is FAQs so that new folks can find answers to their questions easily and jump right in. I keep seeing the same questions asked over and over on the main Secret thread (which is over 70 pages now!) so I think this will be good.
and a sticky for free online resources and a sticky for a list of our favorite LoA books and........

Wow! It's just going to be great!
#137 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Many, not all. It IS a Personal Growth issue for everybody.

#138 of 317 Old 01-04-2007, 10:37 PM

i like the idea of personal growth , too.

sign me up for one vote. personal growth.

( sound of stamp on paper)
#139 of 317 Old 01-05-2007, 12:02 AM

another vote for a subforum. i don't care where. i LOVE this stuff and i really feel like it's been helping me and my family.

i am not digging the nay sayery.
#140 of 317 Old 01-05-2007, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Just bumping this up in hopes of some mod feedback! :

There's a real swell of LoA energy right now and threads are popping up all over the place...it would be SO nice to have a sub-forum for them!!!
#141 of 317 Old 01-05-2007, 04:37 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to chorus. I see an LOA subforum being a wonderful addition to MDC.
#142 of 317 Old 01-05-2007, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
Many, not all. It IS a Personal Growth issue for everybody.
so do u think PG people who are not spiritual would mind me including my spiritual point of view in the PG forum?

and yes i agree the PG forum needs a place for hope.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#143 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM

I already voted yes and would like to comment...

I started a thread at Spirituality about a book related to the Secret
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=588867

And have been told it may be moved to the Books...forum.

This is a little disappointing because that would mean separating my thread from all the other Law Of Attraction/Secret fans over at Spirituality who were the intended audience of my thread. I think a LOA forum would solve this! I vote to make the new LOA forum a place for discussing all things related to the LOA: books, movies, other media, etc.

Thanks.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#144 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 AM

subbing

afro.jpg
#145 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

It would be really great to have our sub-forum soon.

There are so many amazing conversations happening related to LoA/Manifesting/The Secret.

I checked out Personal Growth yesterday and I felt like there was a really different energy there than Spirituality. To me, it doesn't seem like PG is the right place for LoA discussions...but honestly...I'd be happy with a sub-forum just about anywhere...Spirituality, PG, Finding Your Tribe....wherever. Just hoping that we will have a home on MDC sometime very soon! :

#146 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmama View Post

I checked out Personal Growth yesterday and I felt like there was a really different energy there than Spirituality. To me, it doesn't seem like PG is the right place for LoA discussions...but honestly...I'd be happy with a sub-forum just about anywhere...
I completely agree.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#147 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
you know what dharmama and momtwice - i am at a point of life where i look forward to negativity from other places. because i am sure where i am. i love challenges because it makes my faith stronger. and also i am at a place where i want to show others the way. and welcome their challenges to see if they can get something out of it.

i used to stay away from single parenting because of the negativity. but now i see all the pain and i share my story and i see how it inspires others that i was once in a place exactly like them. but i am beyond that now. jsut the feeling that yes it can be done. its as simple as that.

i guess so for me i no longer want to discuss it. i want to reach out. and so for me personally PG is a great place to be. not to proselytyse. but to show hey tehre is another way of doing it. try it and see if it helps. if it doesnt try something else.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#148 of 317 Old 01-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
you know what dharmama and momtwice - i am at a point of life where i look forward to negativity from other places. because i am sure where i am. i love challenges because it makes my faith stronger. and also i am at a place where i want to show others the way. and welcome their challenges to see if they can get something out of it.

i used to stay away from single parenting because of the negativity. but now i see all the pain and i share my story and i see how it inspires others that i was once in a place exactly like them. but i am beyond that now. jsut the feeling that yes it can be done. its as simple as that.

i guess so for me i no longer want to discuss it. i want to reach out. and so for me personally PG is a great place to be. not to proselytyse. but to show hey tehre is another way of doing it. try it and see if it helps. if it doesnt try something else.
I look forward to the day when I feel that confident and strong.

#149 of 317 Old 01-07-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemee View Post
so do u think PG people who are not spiritual would mind me including my spiritual point of view in the PG forum?

and yes i agree the PG forum needs a place for hope.
Heavens, I don't know. I know I wouldn't mind, but who's to say what others will feel?

I'd visit the LOA sub-forum no matter where it gets placed. I just threw in my 2 cents.

#150 of 317 Old 01-07-2007, 09:33 AM

Remember guys- if you all have threads that would be more appropriate in Books & Media, Parenting, etc that have to do with LoA- those should be posted there.

I think before The Administration/Powers That Be would want to see if there were more appropriate places for some of these threads before they discussed whether a subforum would be needed.

So lets work on that first!

Not only do we help clear out Spirituality- but it also gives us the opportunity to introduce others to the Secret - those who may not have access to Spirituality.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page