Good poem there Sandy A woman after my own heart...A Suessian poetry scholar
#213 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Go ahead, just try to explain this to someone who is not an mdc board addict,
Oh so very true!

Yeah, you guys seem like a total clique but as long as you're happy, I don't see how it affects the rest of us. I have never even clicked on this forum until this thread. Have wondered what the heck the hyena thing was about.
#214 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Banned

*Sigh* Am I nuts or has this gotten slightly ridiculous? FWIW, i have noted SO FEW OT posts that they don't even hardly get on my radar; and those are usually moved almost immediately or are at least somewhat on topic. My response to the original poster would be maybe it would help if you looked at the posts in a different way, in which i mean don't click on view new posts, but maybe just go to the forum(s) you like best and avoid us here altogether if our ocasional "chit chat" is so bothersome. I'm sorry that such a fairly non-important-to-the-wellbeing of life issue has got you in such a twist. Websites like this cannot please everyone all the time, nor should they be expected to. Hope your troubles are solved in a peaceful, effective manner, if they can be.
#215 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandra Dee
MAMASTE - if I weren't married - and straight - I think I'd marry you!!!

Well said.
But ... but if we were married ... but ... but then I wouldn't have to wait for my Phunkymama to come in a few more days (yes, it's finally shipping) ... I could just use yours!

:LOL :LOL :LOL

OMG! That was ... oh no ... T

#216 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 05:23 PM

I realize that this isn't going to change but I wanted to share my issue with the explosive diapering forum...

I have so little time to read that I HAVE to use the view new posts button. It used to be that there'd be 15 pages if it'd been a few days but now I come back and it's 45.

I'm really glad there's a home for the diapering mamas, but it just makes for a very difficult viewing of MDC.

I'm not saying anything should change, but I'm aware of your issues, now you're aware of mine.

#217 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 06:41 PM

Quote:
I don't remember who, and frankly I don't have time to go back and look; but one poster chastised my suggestion to post in the appropriate forum and then come here to give a link to my diapering pals. I think that this is perfectly reasonable AND respectful. This will not only get me out into the rest of MDC, posting in new forums amongst new cliques; but will get my diapering pals out there too, posting amongst the other cliques. It will also keep OT things in their appropriate forums.
It was me who said it.... cause it does seem silly.... because then wouldnt that post in diapering saying "hey check out my thread here" then be OT? or would the mods allow it to stay? Because if its still considered OT then we arent really helping with the people who are complaing about all the OT threads in diapering.... kwim? I dont think the action to get diapering mamas to see it is silly... but I think posting in diapering to go look at your post elsewhere wouldnt solve the problem...

or am i somehow missing the boat on this train of thought?
#218 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 06:47 PM

No, I see your point; but my point is that I post the "come look..." thread, people click it and follow to my thread elsewhere instead of responding here. The thread then moves off the page and disappears; instead of being posted to and remaining as clutter. kwim?
#219 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 06:52 PM

Another suggestion: How about a "diapering mommies" thread in "find your tribe?"

I mean -- one (probably long) thread, that you can post to with news, chit-chat, etc... --- as opposed to a bunch of new threads popping up here. And, it would tidy up diapering a bit.

I think the activism regulars did this for awhile and it seemed to go okay.
#220 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 06:55 PM

That's a new idea.

I just wanted to bring up/remind that right now someone is working on a diapering chat room for anyone to go, now I am sure that "has" to cut down on some of the "fluff" here if its implemented and is a success.
#221 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 06:59 PM

#222 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 07:02 PM

i believe flminivanmama started a hyena tribe a while back and it died down pretty quickly.
#223 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 07:39 PM

I started a Seattle cloth diapering thread a while back, but nothing much happened. It seems the diaper board is where diapering moms go...

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#224 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 07:47 PM

well that just makes sense, doesn't it, Monica?

Like Heather said, anything diaper-related is alllll right. I think the fluff'n'stuff is fine here, after all it is diaper related. Let's just condense things into fewer threads!

Something I was thinking about while making lunch was this: most of us hard core hobbyists, who have been here for a year+, no longer need to start many "how do I..." threads. We are glad to jump in on them and answer questions, but what else are we supposed to do? Sit around refreshies the forum, waiting for a newbie to ask something? The activity here in this forum, as I stated before, is what makes "that" MDC dipe forum what it is.
#225 of 227 Old 07-06-2003, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mamaste
But ... but if we were married ... but ... but then I wouldn't have to wait for my Phunkymama to come in a few more days (yes, it's finally shipping) ... I could just use yours!
OMG! That was ... oh no ... T

:LOL :LOL :LOL

Yay for your PM coming!

nak
#226 of 227 Old 07-07-2003, 01:40 AM

This is my first post in diapering, yet it has absolutely nothing to do with a diaper. It's just that when I read this

Quote:
To reinforse my point about diapering being in its own league:
Finding your Tribe has 23,000 posts
TAO has 33,000
Most others have less than 10,000

Diapering has over 105,000!!
I felt the need to clarify and correct. These numbers are in no way an accurate representation of the number of posts made in each forum. As moderators,we prune the forums when they get too large. FYT and TAO are two of the larger forums here, thus they fill up quickly and are pruned much more often. The fact that TAO only has 33,000 posts simply means that Missgrl pruned it recently. When threads are removed, those posts are removed from the post count. I'm in no way insinuating that this isn't a busy forum, I just wanted to clarify the numbers.
#227 of 227 Old 07-08-2003, 11:27 PM

This thread is being closed and moved to Questions and Suggestions along with the other 'like' thread.

As always there are valid points on both sides of the issue and the moderators and Cynthia need time to read through all the thoughts and positions and try to reach a peaceful solution for the community as a whole.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page