I miss the old trading post - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 370 Old 03-15-2008, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuansprincess View Post
I miss it too! I used to browse all the time. I never go anymore. Too confusing. Please bring the old TP back! :

ITA!!!!!!!!!!
#62 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 09:24 AM

I do not use the new TP as well. I liked the old one better.

loveeyes.gif Mama to a lively DD (10/05) energy.gifand DS (06/23) babyboy.gif!

#63 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 10:08 AM

I have to agree that the new TP just doesn't hold a candle to the old one.
I loved having the TP be a part of the forums - it was so easy to just go in and browse, and probably got much more traffic because of the ease of browsing.

The new TP takes more effort to browse and there is much less to choose from now. Also, none of the items I have listed have even gotten a nibble, which from past experience I believe they would have on the old TP. It's discouraging to have my TP post CLOSED because it didn't sell in a set period of time, and have to pay again to have it relisted. (Which I didn't do - I put it on Craigslist and it was gone in a day).
#64 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaPia View Post
I have to agree that the new TP just doesn't hold a candle to the old one.
I loved having the TP be a part of the forums - it was so easy to just go in and browse, and probably got much more traffic because of the ease of browsing.

The new TP takes more effort to browse and there is much less to choose from now. Also, none of the items I have listed have even gotten a nibble, which from past experience I believe they would have on the old TP. It's discouraging to have my TP post CLOSED because it didn't sell in a set period of time, and have to pay again to have it relisted. (Which I didn't do - I put it on Craigslist and it was gone in a day).
Yup.

I like the PP's suggestion of having the OLD TP for gently-used stuff -- dipes, kids' clothes, adult clothes, books, DVDs, toys, etc. -- and the NEW TP for handcrafted goods -- new diapers, covers, handknits, art, crafts, etc. that are made by MDCers. Could be an "MDC Marketplace" or similar, whereas the old TP would be a real "trading post" swap/sale area, like before.
#65 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingKvinna View Post
I like the PP's suggestion of having the OLD TP for gently-used stuff -- dipes, kids' clothes, adult clothes, books, DVDs, toys, etc. -- and the NEW TP for handcrafted goods -- new diapers, covers, handknits, art, crafts, etc. that are made by MDCers. Could be an "MDC Marketplace" or similar, whereas the old TP would be a real "trading post" swap/sale area, like before.
That's a fabulous idea!
#66 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 11:30 AM

I agree. On the old TP I would post something and get overwhelmed with lots of pm's. Right now I've got a like new Kiwi Pie cashmere cover on there without out one person even asking about it.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#67 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Yup.

I second (or is it third?) this idea!

Mamma to 3! nurslings Emma (4) Daniel (3) and our new baby Beth! 10/10/09
#68 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Yup.

I like this idea too
#69 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 12:34 PM

I am joining the club. I had no idea there even was a new trading post! I just figured it out because I wanted to post some FUzzi Bunz and couldn't figure out why I couldn't post my items!...I was trying to use the old trading post..oops.

I did end up figuring out how to post them...but I do NOT like it at all. It is very hard to get to and I also liked how items for sale or ISO would just pop up in the new posts.

This system is not very nice.
#70 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 01:31 PM
EVC

Add me to the "I miss the old trading post" club

PhDin' mama to dd (Oct. 2005)
#71 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
That is a fantastic idea!
#72 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Yup.

Yes, do this, do this!!!!!

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
#73 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM

I can't even figure out how to GIVE AWAY things ffs on the new trading post. SO FRUSTRATING. I'm pretty much doing all of my buying & selling on diaperswappers & thebabywearer now
#74 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM

Me too, I don't use it anymore. I agree with a previous poster, the old trading post should be for used items, and the new trading post for mama-made, and new goods.

Wife and SAHM to our two girls and one little man.
#75 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Yup.

Yep. This was suggested back when the new TP was just opening, and I still support the idea.
#76 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM

Just chiming in to say that I, too, miss the old TP. The new system doesn't seem very user friendly at all.

New signature, same old me: Ann- mama of 2 boys and 2 girls, partnered to a fabulous man.
I'm an unintentional weasel feeder and I suck at proofreading.
#77 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Yup, I've said it before. I can't make heads or tails out of the new one. I miss the old TP as well.
#78 of 370 Old 03-17-2008, 03:57 PM

yes, please bring teh old TP back

Gigi. Mommy to 3 girls.
#79 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
This.

I have been trading elsewhere, as well, and it stinks

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#80 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 10:13 AM

I miss the old one too... does anyone like the new one?
#81 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 AM

Another dissatisfied person here as well. I tried to list something for sale 3 times and got various error messages so I just gave up. I loved the old tp, I bought and sold and I'm bummed that I have all this cool stuff sitting around that I know would move quickly on the old tp. Please bring the old forum back!

student/sahm to three awesome girls who are always on the go!
#82 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM

I bought (and sold) many cool things on the old TP. I can't make sense of the new one, so I don't cother at all. I wish we had the old one back, too.
#83 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 10:54 AM

I agree. I dislike it as well. I don't visit the TP anymore.
#84 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Mama! View Post
Another dissatisfied person here as well. I tried to list something for sale 3 times and got various error messages so I just gave up. I loved the old tp, I bought and sold and I'm bummed that I have all this cool stuff sitting around that I know would move quickly on the old tp. Please bring the old forum back!
Add me to the list too. I can't figure it out, and I have seen spam like posts about Iphones and other stuff.
#85 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 11:04 AM

I haven't even used my free credits because it feels like a waste of time. There really isn't as much traffic. I've been 2 times and I get frustrated a move on to other sites for buying and selling.
#86 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM

I sadly agree I'm yet another mama who hasn't used free credits. I have a TON of yummy stuff to sell and I have bought soooooooo many wonderful things from MDC mamas over the years so I am majorly missing the old TP. The new one is very intimidating.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#87 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 12:31 PM

I sure do.
I finally figured out how to get in it about a week ago and posted our homeschooling stuff there. I haven't gotten a single reply, post or possibly even a look. Crazy.
#88 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 02:13 PM

I miss the old one so much. I don't even go on the new one at all. I bought so many gently used items from mamas here that I never could have acquired new due to $$.
#89 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 03:41 PM

I also miss the old one!!

Erika SO to *S*: and Aunt to *A*(10), *Z*(9), and *D*(8)
#90 of 370 Old 03-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I like the new format ok, but I haven't had much luck selling yet. I sold some diapers but it took a long time and there were only 2 people interested. I lowered the prices eventually (even though they were already fair). I spend most of my time in the old TP doing co-ops and swaps. I still really love the format there.

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page