Connecticut Homebirth Midwives Recommended - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would like to recommend Kim Cash and Bea Arzt as homebirth midwives in Connecticut. My home birth story (an HBAC) is posted in the "Birth Stories" section of this site under "Connecticut Home Birth Success". I'm putting this here because I had a difficult time locating them initially - this is to help other Connecticut women find a great midwife in CT!

It’s probably needless to say; my home birth experience was nothing short of fantastic. In fact, it was one of the best experiences in my entire life. By no means was it easy, but it was a challenge I had mentally and physically prepared for. It was my own version of an iron-man triathlon or an Olympic moment. When you experience the power that you as woman have to conquer this mountain anything that life can throw at you now becomes manageable. Confidence like this can’t be bought and it’s worth…everything. My midwives coached, monitored and even cheered for every contraction for more than twelve hours including over four hours of intense pushing, and my team kept our baby and me safe. They offered different positions to try, they kept me moving, hydrated, nourished, and most importantly, they kept me focused and positive. My midwives were calm, professional, and incredibly knowledgeable and provided the down-to-earth humor and positive attitudes that always help keep a situation upbeat and proactive. From the months preceding the birth to the event itself, they could not have prepared me more. I would highly recommend both Kim Cash and Bea Arzt for any home birth and especially an HBAC.

So, Kim and Bea, you have my heartfelt thanks. As well as the thanks of my husband and my parents. We all think you are fantastic at what you do and you are both wonderful, supportive people. You will always have high honors in my book.

Patty Taylor
Woodstock, CT

User Tag List