Aquaborn Eco Birth Pool? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 08-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, it was a really lovely birth, her family was so supportive and it was a beautiful experience for all of them. I'm glad it was helpful to you as well!

Homebirth Midwifing mama to five blessings in Northeastern PA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 33 Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM

We just had our second home waterbirth the end of August. Had read the earlier posts here to try and decide what kind of pool to purchase (first birth was in a different home in a spa-type tub). Decided on the BPIAB with the seat. We're so glad we had this pool!!! It was absolutely fantastic... plenty of room for both me and my husband (and our daughter could easily have joined us as well). Depth was terrific. Best of all was how cushie the bottom was. After having given birth in a regular tub the first time around--and I thought that was great--this was phenomenal. Depth was ok the first time around, but boy did my wrists hurt after being on hands and knees for so long. The cushion this time really took away any of that discomfort. Had chosen the BPIAB primarily for the seat, but actually only wound up using it for 10-15 minutes. The bottom was so soft that I didn't mind being on it at all. I would still choose this model over the mini simply for its size, though. Other huge difference between this and our spa tub was how well it held the heat of the water. Our spa tub quickly cooled the water, so we were having to regularly add in more hot water. My DH filled the BPIAB at least 2 hours--maybe more--before I ever even got into it. It was actually too hot and we had to add cold water at that time! I was in the tub for about an hour before I gave birth, then another hour afterward while we waited for the placenta and then floated it for a while. So over 4 hours and it stayed hot--no cover was used to keep the heat in (granted, it was summer, but we also had the air con cranked for quite a while before I got in the pool, so the room was VERY cool).

Our midwife had concerns about the pool possibly being too big for me to enter easily. I'm just under 5'4" and have had a history of back problems which, in part, caused me to be on bed rest the last part of this pregnancy. She was shocked to see how easy it was for me to get in (not too high at all). Afterward, both she and the backup midwife remarked that they were quite impressed by the pool and how well it worked.

Can't recommend this pool enough. Actually wish we would have had it the first time around as well! DH and DD #1 are quite excited (as am I) to keep it around as a "hot tub" in the backyard.
#33 of 33 Old 09-28-2010, 06:58 AM

Thanks for posting this! I just ordered my BPIAB after LONG debate (with myself). I am hoping to use it in the next 6-7 weeks!

Aimee wife to Matt Mama to Asher (4) and Ari (Due 11/6/10)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page