UC Support Thread II - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 207 Old 02-02-2004, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few people have mentioned that the original thread was getting a bit long and cumbersome, and I agree. So here you go! Just to start us off, I have a couple of questions: who is pregnant and planning an unassisted birth, and what are your reasons for it?

Linda
#2 of 207 Old 02-02-2004, 06:55 PM

I am due mid-July. I am not sure exactly in words, why. It has just been a feeling that started growing after the birth of dd2 that I would birth uc. I still have some uncertainties but feel it is the right thing. I think I will feel the excitement once my belly grows a bit more. I think I am just in a funk right now. We just moved and we are a bit more isolated, I just need to get out more

Thank you for starting a new thread blueviolet

Brandi

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#3 of 207 Old 02-02-2004, 10:22 PM

I am pregnant and due March 5, planning my first UC, second birth.

My main reason to UC at this point is that I have come to believe that a well educated (about birth), healthy woman is likely to be safer at home without intervention than anywhere else with intervention. I have nothing against midwives or people who hire them, please understand. I just don't think that's what I need this pregnancy.

I also believe that I am too compliant a patient to have the birth I want if I am "attended". Too, I believe in transfer if it is necessary. I just don't think there are a whole lot of reasons that come under the heading "necessary" for me.

On another note, though I am getting nervous about experiencing the intensity (who'm I kidding? pain!) of labor again, I am SO excited about this birth and the way we're going to do it!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#4 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 12:25 AM

good idea, BV.

I am planning our third homebirth, second freebirth/lotus birth. Reasons? well, I guess I simply feel there are inherent "risks" to any birth and chose to take the ones taht freebirthing brings w/it! :LOL. I truly believe that our body/intuition/baby have a supreme guidance to offer during birthing that easily gets tossed aside or doesn't register at all w/there are people that register as "experts". I am, as citizenfong mentioned, a very compliant patient and don't feel this served me during dd's birth (our assisted HB)

Really, I have always felt drawn to it since I read Jeannine Parvati Baker's essay on it when preg. w/dd.....dh too....but didn't feel ready.

So, that's it for me. Oh yes, and we're due early spring. And I am guessing boy.
#5 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 03:05 AM

Well hello everone!

I'm not sure how I'll fit here but here it goes...

One of my best friends is planning her first UC, 3rd baby.She's going stright from hospital births to UC and I'm very excited for her!

Her and her dh have asked me to attend as I'm a Doula and they know that I have attended my share of births and am supportive of Homebirth/UC etc... I know that die hard UCers may not consider this true UC but I do and they do also.I won't be there to interupt or take over, just to support.I'm more there as family not as a professional.Her and my dh have known eachother since cloth diapers!Besides this is a passion of mine,I Doula as a free service to moms- I never charge.

I'd like to hang around here and learn from you all.This will be my 1st UC experience.They are depending on me heavily along with getting informed themselves and I want to do the best I can. I hope I can be part of you here

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#6 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to our little corner of MDC, Kristie. I think that for most people planning UC, "unassisted birth" is a bit of a misnomer, because what they really mean is birth unassisted by a medically trained professional, not necessarily literally unassisted. Many UCers actually do prefer assistance of some kind -- they might have the husband acting as midwife, for instance, or they might have female friends around for emotional support. One person's UC can look very different from another's. As I see it, then, this is basically a support thread that is for anyone whose plans fall outside of doctor or midwife-attended birth. "UC" may not be the most accurate label for all of us, but has out of convention become the one that is most convenient for us to use to identify ourselves to each other.

For myself, the reason that I have and will in the future birth UC, is that biologically ideal birth (which confers many benefits to the mother and baby) can only happen under certain conditions, those in which spontaneous, instinctive labor and birth can occur. These conditions are going to vary from person to person. But generally, I see assistance of any kind, as well as the feeling of being observed, as being an interference to the normal process.

Which answers part of the OP question. My answer to the other part is that, yes, I am almost certain that I am pregnant this time. I could of course, still miscarry at some point since it is still early (4 weeks I think,) or I could just be having a very strange PMS that is lingering on and on and mimics pregnancy perfectly, or I suppose I could be entering early menopause. :LOL But intuitively I really feel that I am indeed pregnant. Got all the signs. Except for the little pink lines. I am really interested, this time around, on seeing what it feels like to discover the pregnancy gradually, as women have done for millenia.
#7 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 01:11 PM

Yay!! BV!! I hope you are! I had planned to wait like you w/this preg. to see "naturally" and gradually...but ended up w/a weird bump in my groin area that they wanted to check out via surgery til I told them they'd better test me for preg. since we had "tried" that month! LOL. So I was hoping to go through the experience you are describing, BV. I'll have to live it through you this time. When would you expect to deliver then? Fall?

well, happy gradual awakening to your future child's presence or not.....
#8 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 01:17 PM

I'm due August 2 and am planning a UC because there are no midwives who do homebirths around here. My DH is really not supportive of the idea right now. But he did suggest a UC when I was in labor with DS, so maybe he will become more supportive later. He's kind of stubborn though.

: madrone - : SAHM to 12 y.o. DS, : 9 y.o. DD, and : 4 y.o. DS
#9 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 01:29 PM

congrats blueviolet! I admire your patience. This babe we tried for and I was so anxious to know right away. It is an experience I would love to have some day.

I must say I am honored to be among such strong women. It is such a breath of fresh air to hear your attitudes about birth. Even though mothering is very different and off the mainstream, I feel myself biting my tongue when it comes to discussing birth here. I feel a woman is better left alone to follow her natural path to meeting her babe. Though, I too am more compliant when under the influence of care. I did have a blissful homebirth last time, with a mw-who didn't do much beyond observing. I was pretty oblivious to her as she arrived during the last hour of an intense four hour labor. As I did not feel hindered by her last time, I feel like I will be this time. Last time I was in such a primal and spiritual state by the time she arrived. But now this time I have had such a tumultuous year last year with death in the family, I have been feeling further away from the primal and spiritual. I need to find my way back. This in part makes me want to be alone, I need it. Birth has been an awakening for me all along, and I am eager to take the next step. I sure hope I don't sound like a loon.:LOL As I read back I sound so serious, but I guess I just have so much in my brain right now. Pregnancy is bringing out such strong dreams, I feel so heavy in the morning. Thanks for bearing with me, wise women.
Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#10 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 01:33 PM

Well thanks for the welcome and now I feel like I can let my hair down !

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#11 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 03:33 PM

I've finally found this new thread. I'm glad I'm here to hear all the wonderful UC birth-stories, and advice from experienced moms.

I'm planning on birthing my second with my mom, partner, and 19 (at that time) month old present. I hope that it will be safe, quick and easy:

My first baby was born with a MW in attendance, and I don't feel like she helped at all, more of a hinderance. And just like you, Childofthemoon, she came in at the very end of the labour, right when I was "getting close". As soon as she came, she brought with her and air of EMERGENCY WAITING TO HAPPEN.... it's their protocol to phone the hospital before I started pushing, and she ended up getting me out of the kiddy-pool, where I wanted to be for the birth, and I gave birth on the couch in a semi-recining position Needless to say, it's hard to assert yourself when you are in that state!

O.K. I'll stop venting now, but I feel as though you ladies really know what I mean.

I'm due in July, just like you as well childofthemoon.
I'm looking forward to showing off my huge belly in the summer time, cause last time my baby was born in december!
#12 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 03:41 PM

Hmmm, there are so many factors that went into my decision to UC, hard to sort them all out. A big reason was Dd's birth which started out at a birth center with a midwife I trusted (and turns out I shouldn't have) and ended up with a transport to the hospital and a c-section that I later found out was not necessary. At the time I was never told I was even going for a c-section, much less why. So there are lots of trust issues for me with a birth attendant, and quite frankly that would really interfere in the birth process for me if I had a midwife. Also, having had a c-section really narrowed my birth options around here. So that is some of the background leading to my decision. But I think what got me going down this path was reading the UC birth stories on the internet. It was a revelation to me, I had no idea that there were people who embraced such a beautiful, spiritual and healthy philosophy towards birth. Reading their stories made me examine my own attitudes towards birth and what I uncovered was a lot of fear and ignorance. I feel that making the decision to UC has opened me up in many ways and I have really grown. Lastly, I was really stressing about where and how this baby would be born, untill I made up my mind for UC. Then I felt completely at peace with this pregnancy and upcoming birth.

Blueviolet, I think that what you are doing is wonderful. Now in hindsight I wish I had been able to do that but I had no idea I was pregnant and just thought I was really sick or dying so I realy am glad in the end that I tested, lol.
#13 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 05:22 PM

Cool *mamajaza* it will be nice to have someone birthing around the same time!
Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#14 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 05:42 PM

Gosh I love this thread!

I haven't posted much because we have all been busy or sick. But this thread and question has really moved me.

My name is Donna, and I am expecting my 8th baby sometime in June. My first 3 babies were born in the hospital, my last 4 at home with a midwife. I have actually thought about a uc since I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, but I was afraid. Dh brought up uc several times with my last 4 pegnancies, but I chose to have my midwife there.
It was my last birth that changed my mind. There was too much interference from the mw. As many of you know, interference does not have to be a monitor strapped on, or breaking your water, or anything like that. It can be as simple as observing me, or telling me to try a different position that doesn't feel right. Interference can be talking during a contraction...anything that takes me away from my primal space is interfering.
I want to be alone this time. I am fine with dh being there, but if he isn't I am fine with that too. If my kids are sleeping, I won't wake them up. If they are awake, they can be there. As a natural part of my life, it doesn't feel like interference to me to have them around.
I believe that the only way I can get into myself and do what I need to, is to not have anyone else there. My biggest obstacle is that dh is now the one afraid of a uc because of how my last birth went. We have been talking, and I have told him that I know why things were hard, I knew it at the time, but couldn't verbalize it. I can post that story another time if anyone is interested

I loved reading the responses to this. So many have said the things that were also true for me.
#15 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 PM

More to add...I forgot

The first person I knew IRL was a woman who had no insurance. This was about 15 years ago. I had thought the reason she had a uc was simply because she couldn' afford it. I found out later that insurance had little to do with it. This mother went on to have 6 children, all at home uc, her last pergnancy being twins. I have met many more mothers IRL to have their babies unhindered, as well as meeting many women on-line. To me, it is just seeming to be more and more logical all the time.

Blueviolet, I agree, I think it is wonderful to find out gradually. My mother never took a pregnancy test. I would have liked to have let nature truly take it's course, but the anxiety was more than I could stand. Sometimes, I love being in tune with my body, sometimes, I wish I wasn't quite as in tune. :LOL

The more i think about the naturalness of birth in and of itself, and the assault to women and babies in the hospital, the more I see the benefits and normalcy in staying home. The more I think about the intimate act of birth, being as intimate as making love, the more I see the need to keep it private.

Okay, I am a bit long-winded today, aren't I?
#16 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 07:33 PM

I keep meaning to post about the scale - we have an infant/toddler scale that I ordered from One Step Ahead. It is the kind you lay baby on (like in the dr's office), then you can unscrew the pan part and use it as a step on scale for a toddler. It goes up to 44lbs I think.

Just wanted to brag also that my little moo is up to 11 lbs 9oz at 2 weeks! Gotta love breastmilk!
#17 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 10:09 PM

I am so happy about this thread too!

I am just about 24 weeks along with #3, due sometime in late May or early June. I am very excited, and also just a tad bit impatient, lol. I want so badly to meet this wee one!

I birthed my dd in the hospital, w/ epidural and the whole nine, felt like someone just handed me a baby, not that i actually birthed her. My ds was born at home w/ a midwife, really great hands off midwife, who basically slept in the other room during my labor, but she was ~there~ and i felt watched, kwim?

I just really believe in my ability to birth, and want to be all alone. I have been such a hermit so far this pregnancy, i can just visualize myself giving birth solo. I was by myself in the hallway for most of my labor with ds.

so i guess that's it for now!

by the way, you've got quite a babe there chrysalis! and that scale sounds cool, where'd you say you got it?

edited to say, duh, one step ahead! i'm gonna check it out!

mother of invention, currently raising hell with four great kids, dd, 15, ds, 15, ds, 11 and ds, 8. also gestating a new wee one! due 9/29 whistling.gif

#18 of 207 Old 02-03-2004, 10:30 PM

blueviolet, do you have anything to share yet with the class?

heeheee!

ok, I'm outta here!

love you, L!
#19 of 207 Old 02-04-2004, 06:12 PM

Hi, I'm Claire. I'm 34 weeks along with my second child. My first was born at home assisted by a fine midwife. On the last thread I called myself the UC mascot, because I am seeing a midwife and yet wanting a UC. I envision a birth peaceful and easy enough that we don't need to call on anyone. My husband is uncomfortable with a planned UC, despite giving him lots of information, time to discuss and viewing some good videos together. He said that if the midwife didn't make it in time, that would be fine and even nice, but he'd prefer if she was there for his nerves. I'm praying and visualizing the UC that I dream of. I've felt called to UC this child before I even knew I was pregnant with her. Why UC? Because, aren't the lucky moms the ones who deliver before the midwife arrives?!?!?! I always wanted to be one of those women -- to give birth unhindered, easily and quickly surrounded just by family.

I do struggle a bit knowing that I'm living this pregnancy in duality -- seeing a midwife and also wanting UC. I try to be open to the idea that this birth will be for the highest good whether attended or not. UC is what I want though and I'm not afraid to ask for it!

andrea88 -- Thank you so much for posting your birth story on our last thread. That was so beautiful and educational, too! She is a beauty! She looks so soulful! Sounds like you have a lot to add to our group here. Please, visit often!

Blueviolet -- How beautiful tuning into your body and heart. May it be for the highest good!

Thechrysalis -- NICE MILK! Sheesh, you could market that stuff! I bet all the athletes and body builders would want to buy from you!!!

Love this thread! Love all the women who post and visit!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#20 of 207 Old 02-04-2004, 06:43 PM

Why, thank-you spark! I love yall' too!

I'm going to see a family doctor for the prenatal stuff (check heartbeat, position of baby) I'm just a little concerned cause I haven't felt the baby move for a long time . I'm almost 19 weeks along. I haven't seen anyone yet for this pregnancy. I have an app. for next monday. I do not want to have this doctor(s) at my birth. There is 5 of them apparently. And you never know who's going to be on call when the time comes around. All the MW in my area are BUSY for july. I'd rather see a MW for the prenatal stuff. But I'm confident in me! I hope everyone else is too (partner, mom...) I sucks when people aren't confident in you, when you are.
#21 of 207 Old 02-06-2004, 02:30 PM

Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies and on your planned UCs.

I just had my first UC baby almost 2 weeks ago and am here to offer support.

Beth
#22 of 207 Old 02-09-2004, 03:10 AM

Hi all,
I'm Nicole, 27, mama to 3 and one due in May. I had 2 hospital births and then had my 3rd child, my 1st girl, at home. It was so empowering! I am using the same midwife this time and I really like her a lot, and she was very respectful of my birth wishes. Dh did the delivering, she stayed out of the way. She was really only there for "insurance". However, she did do a few things that irritated me: she did a pelvic exam when she arrived, I was alread starting to push then and she wanted to check that I was fully dilated, and she would shine a flashlight into the birthing pool to see the baby and I felt that this was disturbing my gentle birth.

I also noticed that during my labor, I did most of the laboring on my own, even without dh, and I felt in control and like I was handling the pain. It seemed more painful when she arrived, I have a lot of trouble relaxing with other people around.

I have never had a pregnancy complication or birth complication with any of my babies. My last baby was 9 lbs. with a 15 1/4" head circumference, and I am 5'2" 110 lbs. prepreg, and delivered her fine. But I still have some fears about birth complications- like cord prolapse.

This entire pregnancy I have felt so drawn to UC, I have an intense need for privacy this time. I feel resentful of anyone interfering, even my sweet midwife. My favorite birth fantasy is actually of delivering the baby entirely on my own.

I don't know what my point is, but I wanted to share and look forward to hearing your UC stories.
#23 of 207 Old 02-09-2004, 04:14 AM

I felt so out of control for my first two births, like someone else was running the show. Since coming here and reading about UC a light came on like AH HAH! That's what I want.
I am not sure when I am due. I got 2 pink lines, but I am not seeing a medical professional for this pregnancy because I am trusting my body to do it without any interference.
#24 of 207 Old 02-10-2004, 03:28 PM

Right now I am wondering how to handle the cord around the neck by myself. First-how do I tell? I mean when you feel for it, is it readily apparent? I am mostly worried if it is tight what to do on my own (or would it be better to have dh help at this point). My last two dds had short cords. I don't think they were abnormally short, but I remember the doc (with #1) commenting how large my placenta was and how short the cord was. With dd2 before I delivered the placenta I could not pull her all the way up to my chin because the midwife was worried about tugging on the cord (there was not much slack). How common is cord around the neck and what causes it? I am not really worried about it happening, it did not happen with the first two, but if it does, and I have too short a cord, then I wonder what to do.
Thank you!
Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#25 of 207 Old 02-10-2004, 05:21 PM

Eden's (my UC baby) cord was around her neck. I felt it really easily when her head was out. I tried half heartedly to unwrap it but couldn't get it. When she did come out her cord was very short. I could bring her to my breast but no further. With my Hero (homebirth with midwife) the cord was wrapped also. I can't say how tight because I didn't play a part in catching her, but she came out with no problems, and the cord was wrapped around her neck and body...she was pretty wrapped up.
So in my personal experience the cord around the neck posed no problems even with a short cord.
#26 of 207 Old 02-10-2004, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Part of the reason I want to do an unassisted birth is so that the pushing phase is not interfered with (and therefore prolonged) in any way. In managed birth you often see the mother pushing for a hour, two hours, or even longer. I don't think this is normal. I think this is a potentially dangerous aberration that is a direct result of some interference with the process. And babies simply aren't meant to be stuck in the birth canal for much time at all, not least because of potential cord problems.

Cord around the neck is VERY common. I don't even know if the cord was around my baby's necks, because my last two homebirths were relatively unhindered so that after the baby's head was out the body quickly followed, so there was no point to checking for the cord. But it is easy enough to check. If you are unsure what it should feel like, loop a piece of rope around a doll's neck and with your eyes closed feel it. It's definitely different than if the rope is just *next* to the neck. I'd say, though, that unless the baby looks to be in distress or the pushing is taking a long time you shouldn't fool with it.
#27 of 207 Old 02-10-2004, 06:29 PM

Short cords/Around the neck: Ok, now I was told my son's cord was short, but I didn't realize how short until listening to what defines "short". I could not get my son past my belly due to the length of his cord. If I had wanted to nurse him to help bring out the placenta, I couldn't have. It just didn't reach that far. I would have to think that the cord at any length really wouldn't cause much harm being around the neck. It really is common. And, most of the time can be slipped over the baby's head if you feel it needs to move. Like Blueviolet and 2much2luv said though, most of the time, it's not really an issue. It's just a variation of "normal."

Nicandboys -- You could be an UC mascot like me-- I'm seeing a midwife but holding for a birth with just my husband. That's what I really want! Also, I would certainly tell the MW what you want from her this time if she does end up being at the birth. Might as well take care of plans on both ends if choosing an UC is outside your/your partner's comfort level at the moment.

I'm finding myself with 5 weeks until EDD. I keep visualizing different ways I will have the birth I want. I'm still doing my typical pre-birth pattern of having BH that are patterned (down to 2 mins apart lasting for a minute). I do find myself wondering how I'll know I'm really in labor, but I'm comforted by the thought of not knowing for sure. (During my son's birth I knew I was in labor when my water broke and then, the ctx felt no different than the patterned BH I had for weeks before his birth.)

Thank you for the knowledge, guidance and love!

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#28 of 207 Old 02-10-2004, 10:50 PM

Thank you ladies, that really put my concern to rest. I didn't realize it was not something that HAD to be dealt with per say. Dd2 was an unhindered birth, she just came out, no pushing and gently. For some reason I was thinking that cord around the neck had to be taken care of to deliver the rest of the baby. Makes sense. Thank you. I have been a bit worried about this pregnancy. Worried because I have felt more anger and stress this time around. Dd2 has been having tantrums and I am at a loss and am super emotional. I feel better tonight though because I talked to dh and asked for his help. It has been hard on both of us trying to figure out how to respond to dd2 in a calm way. I am feeling more movement these days and am so excited! Trying to meditate and send joyful vibes to baby. Can't wait for nicer weather so we can get out of the house more!

Spark-I can't beleive how close you are getting! I am so happy for you. Wishing you the birth of your dreams!

Brandi

reading.gif

love and light

#29 of 207 Old 02-11-2004, 12:11 AM

Brandi,
I amjust repeating what has already been said. 2 of my babies have had their cord around their necks, one in the hospital, one at home. In the hospital, it was around twice, and the dr very non-chalantly unwrapped it...no big deal. At home, the midwife mentioned it was around her neck, tight, and was going to try to cut it. I instinctively new that I wanted to get her out fast, so I just pushed before the mw could do anything, and she was fine. I agree, it is just a variation of normal, and I believe it will work itself out if the process is not interfered with.

On a personal note, I got some really good news yesterday. I had found a mw who was very pro-UC...we met on a list that supports UC, as well as other types of births. I found out she lived in the same city as me, and we met, and I decided I would see her during my pregnancy.
Well, because of some issues that came up, it seemed as though she wouldn't be able to continue seeing me as my mw anymore, and I met with another mw she knew. The other one was okay, but there was not the connection I felt to the first one. I was going to suck it up, and just not call at all after the baby came. I really need someone who will NOT interfere with my birth, and yet still support me if I ask for assistance.
The first mw and I spoke on the phone yesterday, and she will still be able to work with me in the same capacity that we talked about initially! I am very relieved. This woman and I have developed a real friendship as well. I am quite happy and relieved!

Claire,
I have a birth image as well. I imagine my labor starting late at night, after the kids go to bed, and me laying in bed for several hours, breathing through my contractions, quietly letting dh sleep. When things start to pick-up, I imagine waking him, and my baby being born on the floor next to my bed, with only dh and I and all of our kids asleep. I imagine getting a bit cleaned up, crawling back into bed, and sleeping a few hours, then goingout and showing the kids their new baby brother or sister.

Blueviolet,
Your statement is EXACTLY why I am wanting a UC. During my last homebirth, my mw really took over, yelling at me to push, push, push, PUUUUUSSHHHH! I pushed for an hour, because I knew I wasn't ready. But it is hard to have that external distraction and ignore it when I am in the zone of my labor. I wanted to tell her and everyone to go away and leave me alone, but I couldn't get the words out. I also envision giving birth completely alone, not even dh there. I would never purposely make him leave, I don't think ao anyway. But if it happens that I have hte baby while I am alone, I am fine with that too.
#30 of 207 Old 02-11-2004, 01:26 AM

Child of the moon-- my baby was born with the cord wrapped around her neck. After her head was out the MW told me to stop pushing while she took the cord off of her neck. It seemed to me that it was quite tight (to pull it over her head, not around her neck) and that it was unneccessary. If you have a short cord, you probably don't have to worry about that at all.

wildthing-- you are so lucky to have found a midwife that supports UC. I thought I had a good midwife for my birth, then she couldn't do it because she was "unregistered" and the College of MW was breathing down her neck. I ended up with a "regular" MW, which I never really liked, or felt comfortable with, and who actually was one of the ones to report the "ungregistered" MW. What a soap opera... which is why I'm planning a UC this time around.

I went to a doctor on monday. She seems pretty cool. If I do end up using her, I think I'll have no problems. Her philosophy on birthing is very "different" than a regular doctor. Believes in gentle birthing, using differnt positions, and low lighting when the baby is born, etc. I was pleasantly suprised. It was my first prenatal app. I wanted to hear the heartbeat and check the size.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page