Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: outside of Philly
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This helped me tremendously in focusing and feeling at peace. I know some women prefer music with no words, but the words really helped me especially in some songs like 1, 6, 11, 14, 15, 18. The rest I loved for just the soothing rhythms and some of the words, but those specifically spoke volumes to me in the weeks before labor, in anticipation, and during labor of course. I was glad to have connected to the music beforehand though, because during labor - especially in the beginning/middle when I was trying to find my zone, it was helping me reflect on the pregnancy and me looking forward to the labor process and to meeting my little one. I hope this helps someone out there, I remember looking and looking when I was pregnant for some kind of thread like this!
1. I'm Ready by Tracy Chapman
2. Breathe Me by Sia
3. You're Beautiful by James Blunt
4. Same Mistake "
5. Night Mantra by Renee and Jeremy
6. Emma's Song by Sinead O'Connor
7. Make Me Whole by Amel Larrieux
8. Miracle by Celine Dion
9. If I could "
10. A Mother's Prayer "
11. Come to Me "
12. Baby Close Your Eyes "
13. My Own Two Hands from the Curious George Soundtrack, by Ben Harper and Jack Johnson
14. Waiting On An Angel - by Ben Harper
15. No Other Love by Chuck Prophet
16. Fair Skye by Lisbeth Scott
17. La Sagesse (Woman, I'm Calling...) by Sheila Chandra
18. Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
19. What's Simple is True by Jewel
20. Morning Yearning by Ben Harper
21. Make You Feel My Love by Adele
Already!?!?! ~ Lori, doula, childbirth educator, wife to Jermaine 6/04, and mom to two happy and energetic boys - Tatum 6/06 and Keegan 3/09