looking for a midwife in florida - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2002, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi there! I am due some time in late december and am looking for a midwife for a homebirth. I live in palm coast florida,which is sort of north central florida,on the east coast. All the ones I have found are either more than an hour from me or cost a lot! And I don't have insurance.
Any info would be most appreciated! thanks!!

my e-mail is [email protected] if you feel more comfortable sending a name that way

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2002, 05:53 PM

Hi! I'm in Jacksonville, Florida, which is about 45 minutes from Palm Coast, I think. I recommend Sharon Schmidt at Fruitful Vine Midwifery Services. I'm planning to use her for our birth in January. Lots of my Bradley Method class friends used her when we had our son two years ago. She shares an office with the most wonderful holistic pediatrician, Dr. Valerie Miles. Go to www.holisticpediatrics.com There should be a link there for the Fruitful Vine.

Is this your first baby?

Tori

edited to add the direct address: http://www.fruitfulvine.com/
Old 05-20-2002, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

hi! thanks for the info. I had seen them on the internet and they do not work out of Flagler county where I am so I sent them an e-mail asking if they have a referral for someone closer to me.
This is my third child,first in florida though.If I still lived in VT I would not be searching but I am!
I wish I was closer to the Fruitful Vine.It seems like a great place!!

Jill
Old 05-21-2002, 10:07 AM

That's too bad. It is a wonderful group. The only other home birth midwife I know of in Jax is Diane Johnson. I don't have a number, but she works near the beach, so you'd probably encounter the same problem. I'm sure Sharon will get back with you soon.

BTW, we are buying an AquaDoula for our homebirth in January, but plan to rent it to other homebirthers in our area. If you'd be interested let me know. My direct email is [email protected].

Good luck in your search!

Tori
Old 05-21-2002, 02:06 PM
mom

Old 06-05-2002, 09:45 PM - Thread Starter

GB's mom , I actually just talked to Sharon at the Fruitful vine and have an appointment next friday! she said she would do my homebirth.I have to drive up there for the prenatals but she sounded like a very nice person! I am so happy to have found someone as I am about 12 weeks now and haven't seen anyone yet. The one midwife I got ahold of closer to me was so rude on the phone and never came or called when she said she would. bummer.
anyway thanks for the recommendation and good luck with your pregnancy!

Jill
Old 06-06-2002, 10:38 AM

I'm glad it worked out. Sharon comes highly recommended from many people we know from our Bradley classes. I'm 8 weeks and looking forward to my first prenatal with her. She spend an hour and a half with us during our consultation, and was gracious enough to come to our house on a Saturday morning to accomodate our very busy 2-year old.

Well, enjoy your pregnancy!

Tori

User Tag List