So glad everything is coming together - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-03-2010, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been lurking and reading here for a few weeks, and decided to finally just go ahead and join.

From the beginning of this pregnancy I was really unhappy with my new OB's office, as well as with him and his policies, so after yet another super long wait at my 20 week appt, I finally put my foot down and told DH I was done with them. I told him I was not going back there, and he could choose whether he would like for us to find a HB midwife, or if he wanted to go UP/UC. He's delivered dozens of babies as an EMT, but he really didn't want to deliver his own, so we went the MW route.

We met with an awesome MW practice and decided they would be the ones. We knew they had sent in the paperwork to become providers with our ins, and they were waiting to hear back, but we decided we would go with them regardless, even if we had to pay out of pocket with our tax return. Well just last week we heard that they have been approved as providers, and while the claim still may take some work(since they are new providers), it should at least be covered.

So here I am, 28 weeks along planning to finally have my dream un-interventional home birth

Rose, wife to James SAHM to DD-6/01, DS-9/03, surrodaughter-1/06, DD-1/08, DD-2/25/10
#2 of 6 Old 01-03-2010, 10:19 PM

Congrats! I'm days... weeks?... a month? ... away from having my homebirth with my first (EDD Jan 27). I'm willing to pay out of pocket as well but going to try submitting to the ins company to try to get something. In the end, it's worth it to have a birth experience I'll WANT to remember.

DD#1 arrived 2/7/10!
#3 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM

Yeaaa! Congrats!
#4 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 04:30 PM

Wonderful-- and in the end, homebirth seems to me like a very good thing to spend money on (since ours probably won't be covered).
#5 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 07:13 PM

Congratulations! I too finally decided to join. I had a successful home birth in July and wouldn't do it any other way!

'09   
#6 of 6 Old 01-04-2010, 09:12 PM

congrats mama!!

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page