Baby is here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have never actually introduced myself here but I was posting a bit the last couple of weeks. I was 8 days overdue but my water broke and baby is finally here! 10 hours of labour exactly the same as first time around, with 6 hours active. My main midwife ended up being one of the back-ups, but I was thrilled as I didn't get to have her last time around and I love her. Also had my Doula, and right at the end a back-up midwife I hadn't met before and my chiropractor... and hubby. Lots of support. I had planned to maybe birth in the water again but ended up holding my husband's hands, my doula pressing on my back where I was having so much pain, and my chiropractor adjusting me all over the place so I wasn't in the pool at the end or at all. The back-up midwife only arrived a couple of minutes before the baby was born so I had been breathing out through contractions to try not to push... once she was here the baby actually came out in one push! It was incredibly shocking to me but such a huge relief because I'd been most frightened of the pushing stage, it was very painful first time around. This time I just said 'she's coming!' and everyone pulled me down to the ground to birth her on all fours. I'm still kind of dazed by the speed there! Only one 1st degree tear so I said no to stitches, and swelling is very minimal. I only had one internal about 40 minutes before the birth and I was 5-6cm (they told me afterwards) but stretched to 10 during a contraction with the babies head descending. My doula and midwife leapt to the phones to get the back-up midwife and chiropractor there at that point!
I got a pitocin shot not long after the birth because of bleeding, then had another heavy bleed about 4 hours later and passed a huge amount of clots, ended up with an IV with pitocin for about an hour. The pain was really bad but I avoided the hospital transfer as we were able to control the bleeding. I am very sore with afterpains and generally my body is very sore, but I'm very happy.
We have another little girl, only 7lbs despite being 8 days overdue. Her name is Freya Lily and she looks almost exactly like her big sister, just a little less hair on her head. Despite being so overdue and waiting so long for her, I'm still kind of adjusting to the fact that I've got her in my arms now.
Sorry for this being all over the place, I haven't written a birth story yet so will probably refer to this at some point!

Desana 12/22/07, Freya 01/21/10
#2 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM

A heartfelt congratulations to you and your family! Having a chiro come during labor is a great idea!

Enjoy your babymoon!

Opinionated Mama to dd 2/23/03, ds 3/20/05 hbac, dd 1/23/08 2hbac, and baby #4 due in June 2010!
#3 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congratulations!!!!

Have a wonderful babymoon!!

luxlove.gif Mommy to my 2 girls 2whistle.gif,joy.gif and 1 little boy thumbsuck.gif.  Wifey to my amazing stillheart.gif husband!  blowkiss.gif Loving my every moment of motherhood! 
#4 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM

Yay! Congratulations!

How cool that you had a chiropractor right there for the birth! Enjoy yourselves!

Momma to born April 18, 2010!
#5 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Congrats on your baby & your homebirth!

Christa ~ Mom to Hannah (5), Keira (3) & Lexi (17 months)

HBA2C mama

Student doula

#6 of 10 Old 01-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Congratulations on your new little one and your homebirth!! Thanks for sharing your story! I hope you heal quickly, and enjoy your baby girl!

Wife to my beautiful Sky and SAHM to my three beautiful kids (12/01) , (3/07), and (5/10). We : : and. Peace to all of you wonderful mamas!
#7 of 10 Old 01-26-2010, 12:50 AM

Congratulations on your new little girl! Thanks for sharing your birth story... it's always so encouraging to hear of successful homebirths when one is imminent (mine!).

Happy babymoon!

Holly
#8 of 10 Old 01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
wbg

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Love the name!

wbg...constantly amazed by Z , cherishing I , inspired by P , adoring K and still getting butterflies when I wake up with B !
#9 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 AM

Congratulations!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#10 of 10 Old 01-27-2010, 09:53 PM

congrat's!

Lovin my sweet babygirl 3-17-10love.gif and expecting another in March! love.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page