Anyone have a HBmC? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-13-2010, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone here have a successful home birth after multiple cesareans? I've had 2 and I really want a home birth next time. My 1st born boy was born via cesarean after "failure to progress", my 2nd is 10 weeks old and was born via cesarean after I made it to 40w3d and my doctor wouldn't induce (but he was the only one willing to let me go past 40 wks and NOT opt for surgery at 40 wks) I had even gone to a midwife practice and they told me at 28 wks that I would have to have a cesarean on my due date, if I didn't go into labor before hand. I made it 3 days after that before surgery!

Anyway...I am wondering how things went for you if you had a home birth after 2 or more cesareans? I'm doing research now so when the times comes and we ttc #3 (not for over a year from now for sure) that I'll be comfortable/confident in my decision.

Stay at home mommy to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and baby due Dec 2014!
Married to my sweetheart since 2007!
#2 of 4 Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Wow, I'd expect that from an OB, but I cannot believe a midwife would not allow you to go past 40 weeks. If my MW does not let me go past 40 weeks, I will tell her I no longer need her services and have a UC.

I do have some friends who had successful UC-VBACS, but, like me, they read everything they could get their hands on.

Birth Reborn by Dr. Michel Odent is a fanastic book. Odent is amazing, and even though it is focused on hospital births, it is set up like a home birth, focused on spontaneous birth instead of induced, and his ideas and methods (which are really not anything "new", but just "revolutionary" because of the way most OBs look at birth nowdays) are amazing as well.

The Christian Childbirth Handbook by Jennifer Vanderlaan is GREAT as well. My MW gave it to me and I LOVE it. It's great, fantastic, awesome.

I also came across some birth stories around the web on UC-VBACS. Google unassisted birth stories, or unassisted VBAC, etc.. and you'll likely find a lot.

I have never has a C-section, so I cannot give you any advice on THAT aspect since I've never experienced it, but I know it is possible to have a UC-VBAC because I know people who have done it and read even more success stories.

I cannot remember the other books I read while preparing for my last UC, but I'm sure others here could recommend some to you.

This Yahoo group may be helpful to you as it is centered around UC VBACs

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/UBAC/

and

http://birthlove.cyclzone.com/pages/...es.html#ucvbac

Christian Texan Mama to Merika (5/2005), Nolyn (1/2007), Keagan (UC baby 9/2007), Four miscarried lovelies, and sweet Evangeline Rose who arrived 9/7/2010 (home/water birth).  Expecting our fifth blessing March 2012! Viva la Vegan Pregnancy, my friends! 
Mandymom.com

#3 of 4 Old 03-13-2010, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

I am not looking to necessarily do a home birth unassisted. There is a midwife who does home births here in my area. I sent her an email today asking if she assists in home births after multiple c/s...I haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for the input. I haven't considered doing it unassisted (although we had talked it about with my recent pregnancy)...Hmm..

Stay at home mommy to Jack, Ben, Marjorri and baby due Dec 2014!
Married to my sweetheart since 2007!
#4 of 4 Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Depends on what kind of mw you emailed. If it was a CNM, certified Nurse Midwife, then probably not- thier licensure wont let them. But a Certified Professional MW, CPM, probably could. I know several in VA who do. I have done VBACs with ladies with 2 c/s, and they went on to have 2 more children after that...one lady I know(not in VA) had 4 c/s, then had the other 5 at home with midwives or UC...I would have switched practices. Sorry you had the second surgery. Hope you are healing well...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page